Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Furius_Marius

Wows replays not working.

11 comments in this topic

Players
257 posts
8,154 battles

I try to replay some of the files. But the game stays logging in forever. I replayed before files and was working perfect. 

Modder
4,874 posts
22,427 battles
20 minutes ago, Furius_Marius said:

its impossible to replay old saves?

The only way is to make a copy of WoWs directory with every patch.

• Cool 2

Modder
4,874 posts
22,427 battles
12 minutes ago, Furius_Marius said:

ok... im too late for that... any place to get old directories??

Unfortunately there is not such place. However I download lately a few old installers and patches from torrents (but they are very hard to find) and with manually patching is possible to restore a lot of old versions. At least one was probably with virus or was false positive, so beware.

[PIKES]
Players
430 posts
10,000 battles

What is the directory where the replay are in? Can be played in VLC player?

Players
1,251 posts
19,631 battles

For standalone or WGC installations, yes, if you wish to watch replays of old you have to make a full copy of the game folder for each main patch (i.e., if the version numbers are like 0.X.Y.Z then every time the Y changes). I've been continuously doing so from 0.6.3.x onwards (and some previous ones too) because storage capacity isn't an issue for me, but it can be for others (using 1.8TB at the moment if memory serves right). It's an interesting tip what @Puffin_ pointed out about the Steam install.

1 hour ago, neorvo said:

What is the directory where the replay are in? Can be played in VLC player?

They're usually saved in /replays or in /bin64/replays within the game installation folder. AFAIK, they can't be played by us users with anything but the game client, but WG has some kind of analytical tool that is able to for sure, since replayswows.com reads them in order to show you the achievements and upgrades' builds of every single battle participant.

Salute.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this