Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ColonelHF

Ohio needs Buff

50 comments in this topic

[IDOLM]
Players
2 posts
9,892 battles

Please consider buffing the Ohio, this ship needs either a dispersion buff (like Georgia) or a reload time buff, 27.5seconds 8 shells kind of not enough(down to 25seconds or less) check Thunder, it has both the great accuracy and a great reload time) so give him either a great accuracy or a great reload time.

The buff will make Ohio a lot more competitive to other tier x BBs. I know, your in-game balance team may consider the Ohio as a short range fighter, but seriously, the secondaries are good but not far enough, Players cannot just sacrifice a lot of commander skills to build a full Secondary build, otherwise the not so accurate guns will be worse. After all, the ship can just not decrease the fight range because of the environment, think about three Smolensk waiting in the smoke. One more thing, this ship is a ship from research bureau, so it deserves to be a little stronger than other tier x bbs, but now it is really common.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 12
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 7

[OCTO]
Players
393 posts
8,422 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelHF said:

One more thing, this ship is a ship from research bureau, so it deserves to be a little stronger than other tier x bbs, but now it is really common.

My vote will be "NO".

• Cool 4

[SKRUB]
Players
554 posts
21,840 battles

Oh, i am sad

4 minutes ago, ColonelHF said:

One more thing, this ship is a ship from research bureau, so it deserves to be a little stronger than other tier x bbs

Wut ?

Like you start by said my ship is not competitive enough and you end saying my ship should be the best, because "reason".

Yeah sure... :cap_yes:

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Players
845 posts
17 minutes ago, ColonelHF said:

this ship is a ship from research bureau, so it deserves to be a little stronger than other tier x bbs, but now it is really common.

Oh hell no, keep dreaming or git gut

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
7,004 posts

Shh, I concur with OP, Ohio needs Georgia max dispersion and 2.0 sigma... :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,664 posts
20 minutes ago, ColonelHF said:

check Thunder, it has both the great accuracy and a great reload time

… and has a huge citadel and no superheal and the weakest BB armor all around and is the most squishy BB at tier 10 and can be overmatched by some ships and …

Cherry picking seem to be the new and upcoming hobby, where do i sign up?

• Funny 1

Players
2,070 posts
16,188 battles
27 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Singups for the cherrypicking brigades are in CVMainsville, False Equivalency Disctrict, Just Dodge Square.

• Funny 4

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
43 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

… and has a huge citadel and no superheal and the weakest BB armor all around and is the most squishy BB at tier 10 and can be overmatched by some ships and …

And still manages to be one of the best BBs after Kremlin, because of how bonkers the guns are.

Yeah, we certainly don't need that on the Ohio.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,723 posts
24,981 battles

the buff ohio, and steel ships, needs is to be gated in terms of players who can access em :Smile_smile:

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles

Hell no! WG had to buff Montana to compensate the powercreep Ohio brought to USA BBs, Ohio was considered “the better Montana”... 

[THESO]
Players
1,267 posts
16,417 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelHF said:

Please consider buffing the Ohio, this ship needs either a dispersion buff (like Georgia) or a reload time buff, 27.5seconds 8 shells kind of not enough(down to 25seconds or less) check Thunder, it has both the great accuracy and a great reload time) so give him either a great accuracy or a great reload time.

The buff will make Ohio a lot more competitive to other tier x BBs. I know, your in-game balance team may consider the Ohio as a short range fighter, but seriously, the secondaries are good but not far enough, Players cannot just sacrifice a lot of commander skills to build a full Secondary build, otherwise the not so accurate guns will be worse. After all, the ship can just not decrease the fight range because of the environment, think about three Smolensk waiting in the smoke. One more thing, this ship is a ship from research bureau, so it deserves to be a little stronger than other tier x bbs, but now it is really common.

You have not made a convincing case here. Ohio already is a powerful package. It's strength is that it gives you a lot of options to tailor the ship to your needs and playstyle. You can think of it in a variety of ways, based oon where you come from.

You get great secondaries. You can think of it as a a T10 version of Massachusetts, with way more accurate and way bigger guns. That is an amazing combo.

You can think of it as the better Montana. That is probably the closest comparison. Great guns. With the plotting room you get superior accuracy. You get the 457s for more punch against BBs. That is rounded up with great secondaries for defence against lollibotes. It all makes the Ohio a better Montana and certainly an option for competitive environments.

You might interpret it as a Super-Georgia with better survivability and more guns.

If there is anything the Ohio might need, it's slightly more speed. It's a bit sluggish and struggles to reposition. Not a problem for random battles, rather for CB. Otherwise it's such a complete design that offers so much, it's almost an no-brainer. It's perfect for its purpose. It's a ship for RP. People unlock it by playing a lot. You want to give them a universal design, not a ship that appeals to certain playstyles and excludes most players. It imo fits that purpose way better than the Colbert.

One point to make about performance. A ship from the Research Bureau is not supposed to be superior, as you suggest. Why should it be. It is a reward for playing a lot or being in the game long enough to have all lines finished and FreeXP galore lying around. I struggle to understand why that would be an achievement that entitles anyone to superiority.

Basically that ship is superior. You get a ship with the best secondaries in T10 without getting a shotgun main battery to even things out. That ship works at range and close in. What else do you want? It is a superior design and it's also exclusive, as few clans have it at their disposal. It's exactly what messes with CB balance. Veteran clans have it, new clans are at a disadvantage.

• Cool 5

[JRM]
Players
7,004 posts

Ohio is possibly the only T10 (and therefore in general) BB actually capable of going toe to toe with Gremlin, Kurf cant really becouse of bad firing angles on tear turrets and inefectivness of secs it relies on for damage as well as having notmal dcp and heal, unlike Ohio that has the short reloading one, I did it the other day in CB on mountain range and won

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
967 posts
8,976 battles

Considering the time and resources needed to get the ship, I think it's only natural for Ohio to be the best TX BB. If she is indeed the best, then no buff is needed. If not, then buff her to justify the frickin' investment....

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

Players
1,135 posts
7,085 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelHF said:

this ship is a ship from research bureau, so it deserves to be a little stronger than other tier x bbs

Excuse me what?

The balance in the game is already feeling a near-death experience.

no need to voluntarily break it even more.

wtf

• Cool 5

Players
1,135 posts
7,085 battles
31 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

Hell no! WG had to buff Montana to compensate the powercreep Ohio brought to USA BBs, Ohio was considered “the better Montana”... 

what did they change in Montana? (I was under a rock these last months and came back recently)

[XTREM]
Players
1,885 posts
14,428 battles
7 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

what did they change in Montana? (I was under a rock these last months and came back recently)

Improved the heal.

It's now the same as the other higher tier US mainline BBs, it heals for more total and more per tick than a standard heal. IIRC

• Cool 4

[UKMD]
Players
139 posts
3,306 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, Miragetank90 sagte:

Improved the heal.

It's now the same as the other higher tier US mainline BBs, it heals for more total and more per tick than a standard heal. IIRC

to be precise:

normal BBs heal for 0,5% per second, US techtree BBs heal for 0,66% per second

Montana had a normal heal before but this was changed to the USN BB heal in the last patch

• Cool 4

Sign in to follow this