You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Return of the Fleet of Fog: Last Chance!

198 comments in this topic

Players
47 posts

So we can re earn the ships most people got the first time around, but the one most people dont own because the mission for it back then was way too hard and specific (ARP Nachi) can only be bought in the shop. Also it seems those who already own ARP Takao have no way to get the alternative camo for her? Why did i even expect anything good anymore...

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Players
43 posts
11,488 battles

So an event people have been asking to return you instead decide to go full shill and demand money for them, ships that have been in the game since the first year of the game, if fact this was one of the first events that was in game (not on the site like the pearl event for Kami R). Not only that but screw people over even harder by locking Nachi behind the paywall, a ship people like myself threw everything at the wall to complete but many failed to do so because the requirements were BS.

Once again WG Management just cant not find something to charge for, in this case bringing back free content and slapping on a £160 PRICE TAG ON IT

I'm glad i stopped playing this 6 months back, the amount of money being demanded is ludicrous. Only heard about this from a friend and WG thinking us Veterans that are still about in some form have forgotten about the early events and think they can slip this by are dead wrong.

Apologies to the community moderators that are going to have to do the damage control on this cause i can already see the mob on the horizon.

For those that for some reason have stuck around playing this game, run, just run and don't look back, "Free" games like this start out good, but when the management realises they struck gold they will start demanding more of you time and money. I've easily sunk a few grand into this game i wish i hadn't. A few quid here and there doesn't seem to bad (Even worse with the loot boxes) but it builds up over time to get you hooked on buying content. Content in WOWS case that gets worse and worse in terms of quality year after year.

I'm not saying that hur dur everything should be free, but paying 100 to 200 on pixels on a screen in insanity, id see it somewhat justified if they mailed you a model of the ship for you to own for the prices there charging. Heck i can buy actually models of these ships for the prices they charge.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3

Players
1,052 posts
15,102 battles

Thanks WG.

I have zero interest in ARP, but like getting free stuff.

Especially a Premium Kongo-class. Even if it is not HSF Hiei.

:cap_like:

[LAWS]
Players
16 posts
9,295 battles

Wow, finally after so many years I can finally complete my collection and get Nachi!!!!!!!!.... Wait, where's the Nachi mission? Wasn't there a Myoko variant called Nachi? What? It's in the premium shop? Then why don't I have the mi... Oh, I see Wargreed being Wargreed again, expecting to get missions for all the ships you could get for free back in the day surely was naïve of me. Clearly this was the reason to make all the ships prems when they didn't use to count as premiums but just reward ships. Bait people into getting half of the ships and then spending 100+ euro to complete a colection of pixel ships because of FOMO and to help justify the time they spent trying to get all these ships.

You'd think WG would want a bit of good PR after (qeueueueueueueueueue 1812 Overture at 13:50):

Last year's blunders:

• NTC: we want you to regrind the ships you already have1
  • Puerto Rico: makes you Puerto pobre after getting it "for free".
  • Sovetsky Smolensnk making sure you aren't having too much fun
  • Yamashi (refer to next part)

Past blunders:

• EU had to "throw a tantrum" to get the Graf Spee missions
  • EU had to "throw a tantrum" because our ARP missions were harde than the rest of the servers (oh and nachi, the ship a lot of people didnt get can now be yours for the modest sum of 26 euro, we accept visa, master card, paypal and your soul)
  • CV rework, everyone loved that especially the Hakuryu guy who blasted the damage records with 500k damage
  • Saying tha tT9 premiums would never be in the shop, but to be fair most of them feel like tier 9.5
  • Saying no guns bigger than 460mm would be introduced 
  • Putting OP premiums you removed because they were not that great for the game, or just premiums you removed to make them artificially rare in lootboxes, because that golden moon base isn't going to pay for itself

And I probably could go on but in just one game there's so many oopsies on behalf of your company I can't even think of them all. Besides that, do you really think copy pasta ships that are LITERALLY the same fricking frick ship but with a different camo color, a different name and a different captain that isnt even that special worth 180 fricking euro? And somebody confirm this but I heard the bundle in russia is 140.

I'll end this post with a question for WG 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[TAE]
Players
17 posts
4 hours ago, _CHILE_ said:

where is missions?

You have to pay to unlock the missions, isn't that nice :)

Edited:

Made a mistake when I wrote that, misunderstood the text in the P-Shop.

You can start missions by going back through the link above called " Read it on the portal " that OP posted and click Participate. You will get missions to gain 5 Ships 1 Myoko Class Heavy Cruiser and 4 Kongo Class Battleship's after completion.

Edited by Redtir
Misunderstanding occured, which caused me to give inaccurate information
  • Bad 3

[BLUMR]
[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
164 posts
6,522 battles

So do those of us who completed all these mission last time get a chance to get that Tier 9 sub I401? Would be nice to have it waiting for when subs are launched.

(EDIT: Also do the ships I got through missions last time now become Premium ships?)

YtbF1lN.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
28,130 posts
14,900 battles
6 minutes ago, Dirpitz said:

(EDIT: Also do the ships I got through missions last time now become Premium ships?)

They already are...

• Cool 1

[BLUMR]
[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
164 posts
6,522 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

They already are...

Good to know, not logged in yet.

I got Nachi the first time. If the mission is still 'killing Soviet ships'  I'll take out my soviet ships in as many battles as possible again, seemed to be the nicest thing for the community the first time around to try help others complete their missions. That being said hopefully due to the new Soviet lines more of them will be around but if not then same as last time I'll be the mission pinata 

wa1RYj4.gif

• Cool 2

[TAE]
Players
17 posts
1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

nope...

Really then please tell me why I don't have said missions, hmm? Because I still need ARP Nachi and I don't see her missions laying around anywhere else.

Besides for the Premium Shop under Ships where you can purchase her ship? Only missions available after pressing Participate don't include:

- ARP Haguro;

- ARP Ashigara;

- ARP Takao;

- ARP Nachi;

I don't care for getting another copy of one that I already have but forcing people to pay to get the last or the last two ships because of a fault on their part making the missions so ridiculous seems scummy to me at the very least.

• Boring 5

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,618 posts
1 minute ago, Redtir said:

- ARP Haguro;

- ARP Ashigara;

- ARP Takao;

- ARP Nachi; 

and those ship are not meant to be obtainable by missions, no matter if paid or free...

[TAE]
Players
17 posts
1 minute ago, Dirpitz said:

Good to know, not logged in yet.

I got Nachi the first time. If the mission is still 'killing Soviet ships'  I'll take out my soviet ships in as many battles as possible again, seemed to be the nicest thing for the community the first time around to try help others complete their missions. That being said hopefully due to the new Soviet lines more of them will be around but if not then same as last time I'll be the mission pinata

I wasn't so lucky, I had barely any Soviet Ship to shoot and when there were 1 or 2 in the match either someone else got to them first or they were allied. I wouldn't mind taking another shot at the mission if they are going to give us the chance, doubt it.

• Cool 1

[TAE]
Players
17 posts
Just now, Klopirat said:

and those ship are not meant to be obtainable by missions, no matter if paid or free...

What do you mean about that? Last ARP Event had them as part of the event and fully obtainable, I very much have them except for ARP Nachi which required you to kill Soviet Ships in a time where they were very few floating around.

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
28,130 posts
14,900 battles
5 minutes ago, Redtir said:

Really then please tell me why I don't have said missions, hmm? 

Please take a look at the thread you are posting in...

[BLUMR]
[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
164 posts
6,522 battles
Just now, Redtir said:

I wasn't so lucky, I had barely any Soviet Ship to shoot and when there were 1 or 2 in the match either someone else got to them first or they were allied. I wouldn't mind taking another shot at the mission if they are going to give us the chance, doubt it.

Unfortunately there was only a few of us doing it last time as most were too bothered by knowing they'd be focus fired.

One thing I wish though is that they'd added something extra this time for those of us that already completed everything, like what about a mission for a Yamato skin or a skin or even the actual I-401 submarine. Seems this whole mission set for me will only be for credits 

43jdBZZ.gif

• Cool 2

[LAWS]
Players
16 posts
9,295 battles
Just now, Dirpitz said:

Unfortunately there was only a few of us doing it last time as most were too bothered by knowing they'd be focus fired.

One thing I wish though is that they'd added something extra this time for those of us that already completed everything, like what about a mission for a Yamato skin or a skin or even the actual I-401 submarine. Seems this whole mission set for me will only be for credits 

43jdBZZ.gif

It's more profitable to sell said ships on the shop than asking the art department to make new skins and have them available through a mission chain. This new event feels like WG rubbing salt on the people who didnt get nachi

Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
105 posts
2,142 battles

I'm not at home so I can't check, are these missions just for killing soviet ships or all ships?

[TAE]
Players
17 posts
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Please take a look at the thread you are posting in...

Return of the Fleet of Fog

I know which thread I am posting in, it's the news on called that ^I am merely showing my distaste to their choice of blocking certain ships from being obtainable through missions since we know there are 3 more ships and they show up in the shop, now if they are going to unlock(gives us the missions to get those ships) at a later date the remaining ships that aren't in the missions at the current time I will not have an issue with it until said time I will merely because they are in the shop. :)

Also it says literally at the bottom of the page "Discuss on Forum" and it takes us to this place, where else am I going to discuss about this?

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
703 posts
19,063 battles

£162 for something I got for free, wow.  Normally, old stuff goes down in price.

• Funny 2