Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sunleader

How about going more towards WW1?

72 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,511 posts
8,713 battles

Wondered thus for a While now.

Especially with the Talk about Coldwar Ships and Tier 11-1.

Why not go into the Past rather then the Future ? (From WoWs Timeframe Viewed)

There is ALOT of WW1 Ships.

All of which Perfectly Align with WoWs Mechanics.

There is enough Ships to basicly Build up all the Way to -10 Tiers into WW1 to be Honest ^^

• Cool 21

Players
218 posts
13,263 battles

Do we really get huge differences with those ships?

Game now has basicly 4 stages.

- Early, Mid and Late ww1 ships

- Interwar ships

- Early WW2 ships

- Late WW2 ships

Technology difference is significant.

Separate game focusing ww1 is another thing with same core system.

But WG doesn't want to split the playerbase. That is why unicums have to play with noobs and T8 suffer at the hands of T10. 

If only people were allowed to really mod this game. WG can just sit back and let the real people make awesome mods. :cap_cool:

• Cool 4

[DREAD]
Players
10,240 posts
7,169 battles

Missing out any meaningful WW1 action is indeed one of the biggest design mistakes of this game. 

The power progression / tiering system was wrong to begin with and WG refused to fix it back in the days when it was still relatively easy (like around 2015). 

Now - cleaning up that mess would still be possible but requires more work really. 

Also: much rather than making WW1 the beginner tier there should be a couple of training tiers for newbies - like 3x or so.

Afterwards we could use a block of about three tiers dedicated to WW1. 

The point is, WW1 should be meaningful gameplay - such as eg mid tiers - rather than breath-through-beginner-Tier.

• Cool 12

Players
1,884 posts
19,418 battles

I would love to see more WW1 ships the problem is WG are only interested in developing the higher tiers these days.

• Cool 10

[XTREM]
Players
1,888 posts
14,437 battles
26 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Missing out any meaningful WW1 action is indeed one of the biggest design mistakes of this game. 

The power progression / tiering system was wrong to begin with and WG refused to fix it back in the days when it was still relatively easy (like around 2015). 

Now - cleaning up that mess would still be possible but requires more work really. 

Also: much rather than making WW1 the beginner tier there should be a couple of training tiers for newbies - like 3x or so.

Afterwards we could use a block of about three tiers dedicated to WW1. 

The point is, WW1 should be meaningful gameplay - such as eg mid tiers - rather than breath-through-beginner-Tier.

I think there can still be meaningful WW1 action at low tier, but the issue is the apparent volume of CVs, or so I am told. 

Not very WW1. 

We actually have plenty of WW1 era ships in the game, though. It's just that many exist in here with upgraded hulls or fictional refits, like Prinz Eitel Fredrich. Referring to the AA guns and DP armament in this case.

• Cool 1

[WGP2L]
Players
1,145 posts
10,371 battles
1 hour ago, Rautainen_Biisoni said:

Game now has basicly 5 stages.

- Early, Mid and Late ww1 ships

- Interwar ships

- Early WW2 ships

- Late WW2 ships
- russian fantasy ships

i fixed that for you

• Cool 8
  • Funny 7
  • Bad 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,197 posts
11,538 battles

It's the most simple and boring playstyle. There are no gimmicks. Just aim and shoot. 

Might as well play on rail shooter games. 

• Boring 3
  • Bad 7

[JRM]
Players
7,053 posts

IMO the biggest mistake was making CVs start at T4 had they have gone for T5 or even T6 as lowest possible tier for cvs the game would be a much healthier spot...

If lowest cv would be T6 (same as subs) the statpaddelling of low tiers would be gone, most guys abusing the T4 cvs are incapable of playing against even the most basic of AA and hence they linger down there where there is none to worry about, if we had 5 full tiers without cvs it would mean all the nice WW1 era ships would actually be meaningfull again as the T4 would never see them and T5 only 40% of time which would be ok

• Cool 5

[ONE2]
Players
3,116 posts
23,131 battles
1 hour ago, Miragetank90 said:

Sure, for lower tiers

But let's leave out the Tillmans mkay

Leave them out?:cap_wander_2: But why oh, why??:Smile_amazed: I always found them innderesding. :cap_hmm:

[-TPF-]
Players
4,251 posts
17,764 battles

Definitely. Get rid of the CVS, small maps and the low Tier adaptations on the ships (low range on BB main guns, secondaries which fire once a week) and we could have a proper game mode from the classic Battleship era. 

[XTREM]
Players
1,888 posts
14,437 battles
6 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Leave them out?:cap_wander_2: But why oh, why??:Smile_amazed: I always found them innderesding. :cap_hmm:

They are :fish_cute_2: right?

But while on paper one or two designs are close enough to Montana, some of these designs are too crazy to be considered for addition I think. Maybe in some special mode? :cap_hmm:

Never say never, anyway. Super Yamato is coming after all. Maybe we will get a Tillman design someday.

Just leave out the 24 16inch gun and the 13 and 15 18inch gun designs plox

[ONE2]
Players
3,116 posts
23,131 battles
3 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

They are :fish_cute_2: right?

But while on paper one or two designs are close enough to Montana, some of these designs are too crazy to be considered for addition I think. Maybe in some special mode? :cap_hmm:

Never say never, anyway. Super Yamato is coming after all. Maybe we will get a Tillman design someday.

Just leave out the 24 16inch gun and the 13 and 15 18inch gun designs plox

Bwahahahaa!:cap_haloween: Sounds like something for the "Ultimate Admiral" to take on then. :cap_hmm:

• Funny 1

[TIDES]
[TIDES]
Players
127 posts
4,843 battles

The devs need to have a read of Castles of Steel and then get back to it! :)

I'd happy if they added something like a "Historical" game mode...standard hulls etc.   Ok, I know it's not a simulation - but would be cool IMO.

• Cool 7

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

I'd happily swap in all of my ships for a "WoWS Classic", which is placed in the 1870-1945 period. No fantasy ships, no fiction, bigger tier spreads (and more tiers) and all of the WW1 ships.

• Cool 8

[XTREM]
Players
4,197 posts
11,538 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, MrFingers sagte:

I'd happily swap in all of my ships for a "WoWS Classic", which is placed in the 1870-1945 period. No fantasy ships, no fiction, bigger tier spreads (and more tiers) and all of the WW1 ships.

How to monetize it however? 

Monthly subscription? 

[TIDES]
[TIDES]
Players
127 posts
4,843 battles
Just now, Yoshanai said:

How to monetize it however? 

Monthly subscription? 

Make it a premium feature, not available on FTP.

[XTREM]
Players
4,197 posts
11,538 battles
Vor 1 Minute, BrettMRC sagte:

Make it a premium feature, not available on FTP.

So monthly subscription. 

[JRM]
Players
7,053 posts
14 minutes ago, BrettMRC said:

The devs need to have a read of Castles of Steel and then get back to it! :)

I'd happy if they added something like a "Historical" game mode...standard hulls etc.   Ok, I know it's not a simulation - but would be cool IMO.

They dont even need to go for standard hulls, most upgrades are not that significant as to change the natuee of the ship in game and most of those that are are actually hystoric rebuilds anyhow, what we need is "classic battles" with only surface ships and limited slots for each class in say 1-2-3 rule sliding for BB-CA/CL-DD and maybe similarly made out Ops...

• Cool 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

T2-3 ships are like 20 bucks. T9 is 65. Why model a new armoured cruiser or dreadnought if you can cp some high tier stuff together and get three times the money?

• Cool 5

[XTREM]
Players
4,197 posts
11,538 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, Bunny_Lover_Kallen sagte:

T2-3 ships are like 20 bucks. T9 is 65. Why model a new armoured cruiser or dreadnought if you can cp some high tier stuff together and get three times the money?

And that's the reason. 

• Cool 3

Players
10,222 posts
11,997 battles
30 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

And that's the reason. 

Even more so for lastest asset flip additions :cap_book:

Minimum Viable Product is name of the (wows) game since 2019... If not earlier actually

Players
577 posts
12,178 battles
7 minutes ago, TheBrut3 said:

We already have WW1 ships in de lower tiers.

If I understood it well then the TO suggested that the new additions could gravitate more towards low tier Dreadnought era instead of the Cold War era.

Retiering into 0-12 with proportinal distributuion of ships per era could work with no impact on the past.

Could be like lets say 1-4 is Dreadnought - WW1era, 4-8 is WW1 -WW2 era, and finally 8-12 is ww2 - Cold War.

This would eliminate CVs feasting on Arkansas or ww2 DDs with 7km concealment being radared by 12km range fantasy ships.

• Cool 3

[DREAD]
Players
10,240 posts
7,169 battles
4 hours ago, Miragetank90 said:

I think there can still be meaningful WW1 action at low tier, but the issue is the apparent volume of CVs, or so I am told. 

Not very WW1. 

We actually have plenty of WW1 era ships in the game, though. It's just that many exist in here with upgraded hulls or fictional refits, like Prinz Eitel Fredrich. Referring to the AA guns and DP armament in this case.

No, the problem are not really CVs but the way how WG set the tiering system initially. 

They should have stayed more faithful to the timeline progression and have some dedicated WW1 tiers. CVs should have started only at T6 really. At the minute T3 is the only WW1 tier. And that isn’t action - it’s newbie country. Not really fun for extended stays. What we are entirely missing is “real” WW1 tiers to play regularly!

And no - PEF and all the other  refits are not WW1 ships. They are purely fantasy and nothing but steaming garbage. No WW1 whatsoever. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this