You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Necro_von_Cortex

Special vessel stats

3 comments in this topic

Players
39 posts
3,488 battles

I noticed while every playable ship in the game has a wiki page, as well as a lot of other pages for mechanics, history and so forth.

I cannot help but notice things are missing, those being details such as how Transylvania(Halloween special) operates, pages for the Submarines of halloween 2018(even though they are gone), Victory-class cargoships.  

You could of course argue the relevance of such details, but by the logic everything else is open for studying, this should be as well.

Transylvania

-How many knots does she gain pr. player within her circle? 

-What tier does she class as? (the higher tier, the better fireprevention is onboard.)

-What's her armour? Torpedo protection? Top speed? 

2018 Submarines

In a year or so, no one will even know they were here unless they get pages of their own.

Red Oak Victory (default engineer and cargo ships in operations)

The real ships go about 11knots maybe 15.5knots at best.

from the looks of it, it seems they got the armerment right but the gamewiki doesn't say.

8x1 - 20mm Oerlikon 

1x1 - 3"/50

1x1 - 5"/38

This all would give it an AA rating at about 15 and artillery at 1 unless that 5"/38 has over 8km range or so.

The same goes for the costal bunkers, I've seen 2 versions thus far. (+halloween catapult)

One of Japanese design with some 14cm gun in a turret with no AA guns

another with 6" guns and what looks like 2 Bofors, possibly with a couple of HMGs or autocannons. 

Anyone got any data? or better yet, the authority to make a wikipage for these. 

red oak.jpg

• Cool 1

[CN_]
Moderator, Freibeuter
2,170 posts
6,791 battles

Those ships are not in the wiki and there are also no stats available (at least not officially, I'm sure that the values are somewhere inside the gamedata files) because they were made only for some specific events.

The wiki only covers the "regular" game and some descriptions of the events but no details for those special events. The reason for this is quite simple: It takes a lot of time to create an article for those events and also for the ships. It's usually not worth the time to create those articels if they would be useful for only a month.

However, you may create a page for those ships, everyone who has played some games (I think it was something about 100 or 500 games) is able to edit the wiki. Feel free to create pages for those ships. But I don't think it would be that useful because there are no links to those ships on the main pages and there is no way for you to add those links.

Players
39 posts
3,488 battles
10 hours ago, floribe2000 said:

Those ships are not in the wiki and there are also no stats available (at least not officially, I'm sure that the values are somewhere inside the gamedata files) because they were made only for some specific events.

The wiki only covers the "regular" game and some descriptions of the events but no details for those special events. The reason for this is quite simple: It takes a lot of time to create an article for those events and also for the ships. It's usually not worth the time to create those articels if they would be useful for only a month.

However, you may create a page for those ships, everyone who has played some games (I think it was something about 100 or 500 games) is able to edit the wiki. Feel free to create pages for those ships. But I don't think it would be that useful because there are no links to those ships on the main pages and there is no way for you to add those links.

Thanks for the answer. 

Now we are on the topic of added pages. Is there any reason in particular why a polish techtree wasn't established before the Europe update? 

Yes, they'll only have DDs up to tier IX1,2  as well as some brough in cruisers from the UK and France. Balancing might also have been a problem as there wasn't a lot to begin with.

But you already made the voiceover for polish ships and someone bothered to add Blyskawica in the first place. Even if you had to change a few things, it wouldn't be the first time numbers are manipulated to make them work in the game.

1: Blyskawica's sister, ORP Grom, her british refit is much more potent and her stability is diffrent from modifications onboard and ondeck.

She would have an amazing AA defense rating at about 40-45.

(I'm not kidding, I put the real guns through a formular, which puts the AA rating a tiny bit better than the ingame USS Arizona)  

Though the trade-off being 4x2 QF 4" guns instead of 7x 120mm Bofors guns. Tier IX recommented.

2:  ORP Orkan might have been acceptable for a tier VIII, a polish build and improved version of the Grom-class, though it predates the UK refits.

3: if you sat the voiceover to "National" the crew would report in polish now they speak american english.