You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LowSpeedHighDrag

Quicker shorter Random Battle times

Would you like to see shorter time in Random Battles?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. If WG decided to shorten the Random Battle times (as well as map sizes, etc), which bracket would you choose?

• 15 minutes
    • 12 minutes
    • 10 minutes
    • 8 minutes

56 comments in this topic

Players
406 posts
8,827 battles

There are times when some of us do not have the full 20 minutes of  time to commit to Random battle in game.

(Yes, yes.  Ideally, no one would prefer not to partake in Random battles when I know that I would have to leave before the 20 minute is up.  However, life happens)

There are many reasons why it is 20 minutes, and there are many reasons why it should be shorter than the current set time limit.  

If you like to discuss this (after voting), I urge you.  Please do so by sticking to the topic at hand and refrain from taking it out of context by attacking the person instead.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 19
  • Angry 1

Players
3,280 posts
19,937 battles

If you are unsure you can commit 20 minutes of your time to a random battle, don't commit or play coop. Also, don't just mention there are many reasons to shorten battle time, list them. When creating a poll like this, have an option for people to vote 'no change'. :cap_like:

• Cool 14

Players
1,290 posts
19,560 battles

Wait, shorter than it already is? :cap_hmm:

1111111.jpg.a7e49ee107a805a5c3d28fdfb969b176.jpg

I guess, we could try 5 min games. DDs would still die, but at least cruisers and BBs would improve their survivability stat..... maybe.....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[CAIN]
Players
4,650 posts
19,743 battles
27 minutes ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

There are times when some of us do not have the full 20 minutes of  time to commit to Random battle in game.

(Yes, yes.  Ideally, no one would prefer not to partake in Random battles when I know that I would have to leave before the 20 minute is up.  However, life happens)

There are many reasons why it is 20 minutes, and there are many reasons why it should be shorter than the current set time limit.  

If you like to discuss this (after voting), I urge you.  Please do so by sticking to the topic at hand and refrain from taking it out of context by attacking the person instead.

Bad ideas. 

You want shorter battles? Play Coop. No vote as the option to „leave as it is“ is missing.

• Cool 7

[XTREM]
Players
4,150 posts
11,514 battles

DD's like me die quickly because we never get support by the team that is camping in the first minute of the game. Instead of the BBs pushing the cap to help me they hide. 

All games are 2minutes for me. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
733 posts
12,690 battles
2 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

DD's like me die quickly because we never get support by the team

well if you would take a look at minimap, and figured out that there is no support, then you would not push like some bot and die in 2 minutes.

It would still be a loss probably but at least there would be a chance to turn things around. If you suicide you cannot do much to change battle result.

• Cool 8

Players
2,369 posts

20 Minutes is fine.. ( I wouldn't actually mind 30)... As a DD main it would give me an extra 10 minutes to try to salvage a bad situation...

But, making random games shorter means you destroy any possibility of playing tactically the game becomes a rush... Have you ever thought of playing Destruction Derby?

• Cool 3

[GWR]
Players
506 posts
9,024 battles

smaller map for the cvs wonderful, would it mean the DDs would die even quicker?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[XTREM]
Players
4,150 posts
11,514 battles
Vor 8 Minuten, Sir_Grzegorz sagte:

well if you would take a look at minimap, and figured out that there is no support, then you would not push like some bot and die in 2 minutes.

It would still be a loss probably but at least there would be a chance to turn things around. If you suicide you cannot do much to change battle result.

:D

• Cool 1

Players
2,369 posts
20 minutes ago, illy said:

smaller map for the cvs wonderful, would it mean the DDs would die even quicker?

Catch me if you can... :Smile_popcorn:

• Funny 1

[LUZ1]
Players
868 posts
12,776 battles
1 hour ago, Yoshanai said:

DD's like me die quickly because we never get support by the team that is camping in the first minute of the game. Instead of the BBs pushing the cap to help me they hide. 

All games are 2minutes for me. 

Nope.

Camping teams that give no support or are way to distant (> 6 km) to give effective support are annoying. But no reason for you to die in a DD.

You need to improve your situational awareness and ability to read your team. For a DD being able to judge your team before you commit is a crucial skill. 

• Funny 1

[-TAP-]
[-TAP-]
Beta Tester
104 posts
11,869 battles

Load up WOT then; battles are gimped into lasting about 3 minutes there and look at how much fun that is......:cap_cool:

• Cool 2

[PIKES]
Players
430 posts
10,016 battles
3 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

There are cases your option is impossible to do by the DD player  After overextended / detected while taking the decision looking the minimap location, you only has about 20 seconds live. In that time, you have little space to regreat , to turn off your guns trying to improve conceilament, specially if you have 2 or more enemies aiming you.

About changing time of random, I voted by mistake in 12 min. I didn't know the time is 20 min . I don't remember to survive more than 5 min playing DD in random (40% WR only 300 battles), but the same in co-op (more than 3000 battles, playing 75% of time with DD), I mean, most of the time I survive with DD, but the battle last less than 5min.  In Co-ops is where time could be enlarged or change the ending criteria. Most of cases, the battle ends prematurely, most of team rushing kill the last bot, like a piñata party when the last bot enemy is the CV. I asked, please let me cap A or B etc, but nobody cares. :Smile_sceptic:

Edit: 75 % of time playing with DD in co-ops. My win rate in co-ops is ok.

[PIKES]
Players
430 posts
10,016 battles
1 hour ago, Camperdown said:

Nope.

Camping teams that give no support or are way to distant (> 6 km) to give effective support are annoying. But no reason for you to die in a DD.

You need to improve your situational awareness and ability to read your team. For a DD being able to judge your team before you commit is a crucial skill. 

What if difficult is how both DD and support teammates coordinates, and that duty both are responsible. The DD will try to find a good place to spot enemies. The BB pay attention where is DD spotting to kill far enemies, while CL/CB is trying to kill enemy DD, CV planes or other ships trying flanking . The DD then try to finishing hurt ships and/or cap while BB and CL/CB secure the sector. But who is in charge? Who decides the main strategy?

The problem then is coordination/communication and this is hard to solve in this Babel world. The guessing method using the Mini-map is useful but must be combined with some chat, voice messages etc, and that is only possible with well trained teams in divisions/clan etc.  For the casual player that is a dream. Most of the time both sides say the problem is DD or is BB, but really is DDBB team work problem.

Players
3,081 posts
17,441 battles
3 hours ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

missing vote option "leave as is".

Most battles are already 5-10 minute stomps. The most enjoyable ones are the few close ones that last full 20 minutes.

If you dont have time for a game, dont play Random. Play Coop, since those games usually last all of 5-6 minutes. And if you dont like playing coop, well, there's your answer to why battle time shouldn't be so short.

• Cool 1

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
733 posts
12,690 battles
51 minutes ago, neorvo said:

more than 3000 battles, 75% with DD

Anything below 95% WR in co-op means you are not good.

I was not aware that you can actually get below 90% WR in co-op.

I would recommend not giving pointers to others for how to play this game for time being.

EDIT: or I have misunderstood what you wanted to say?

Edited by Sir_Grzegorz
  • Cool 1

[PIKES]
Players
430 posts
10,016 battles
4 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Anything below 95% WR in co-op means you are not good.

I was not aware that you can actually get below 90% WR in co-op.

I would recommend not giving pointers to others for how to play this game for time being.

EDIT: or I have misunderstood what you wanted to say?

75 % of battles using DD  My win rate in Co-ops is around  97 % . I will edit again that phrase . Thanks for your attention.

Players
6,818 posts
11,220 battles
3 hours ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

THEN - DONT - PLAY.

btw: your vote is *************

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,799 posts
7,242 battles

How about WG makes battlest last 20 minutes? 

Since from what im hearing battles last already less than that? 

Speedy matches are coop, like 3mins speedy. 

:cap_book: