You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
dunbine

Is Yamato still good?

72 comments in this topic

[MAS-X]
Players
431 posts
10,613 battles

I have enough coal for the Thunderer, and enough free xp for the Yamato (i have also unlocked the HSF camo) but i am not sure about purchasing this two BB.

Yamato is the oldest Tier X battleship of the game (together with Montana) and in the past was one of the most feared ships of the game. But now, with all the battleships that were added, like the Kremlin or the Ohio, i wonder if is still effective.

Everyone says that the Thunderer is a very good ship, but i don't like its double guns turrets and with that coal i could purchase a cruiser (even the ***** Smolensk)

So my question is: The old Yamato is still a good ship compared to the Thunderer and the other tier X battleships?

[P7S]
Players
186 posts
4 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

We had a thread asking the exact same half a year ago. Nothing changed. 

It's still good

I like how you can say this with straight face :cap_like:

yamato.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 7

[XTREM]
Players
4,197 posts
11,538 battles
Gerade eben, Vbeest sagte:

I like how you can say this with straight face :cap_like:

yamato.jpg

These bad stats are there because it has "a few" more battles and is one of the oldest ships in the game. The stats of the new ships will normalise with increasing battles as well

• Cool 4

[P7S]
Players
186 posts
1 minute ago, Yoshanai said:

These bad stats are there because it has "a few" more battles and is one of the oldest ships in the game. The stats of the new ships will normalise with increasing battles as well

Sure.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

Players
2,649 posts
11,390 battles

Yamato is still good. It has exceptional guns with a very strong punch, exceptional accuracy and pretty good armour. Pretty much your all rounded BB without any true gimmicks.

Also dont bother with the stats for Yamato that Vbeest is showing. What Yoshanai said is correct. Just look at the amount of Yamato games that have been played. If you really want to known if its still good (Hint, it is. Im grinding the last leg of its LM now) then just go find some videos on youtube and have a look.

Then again you need to know how to play it in order for it to be good. If you are gonna sit bow on, be it 27km or 15km then it will not be a good ship for you. 

• Cool 5

[XTREM]
Players
4,197 posts
11,538 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, pra3y sagte:

What Yoshanai said is correct.

This is the first time someone says this about me. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles

It seems someone here can’t read statistics :cap_book:

What others said: Yamato is still good: 32mm overmatch is wonderful and her biggerst drawback, her vulnerable broadside, should’t be a problem if you know how to position on the map... 

[MAS-X]
Players
431 posts
10,613 battles
8 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Yamato is still good. It has exceptional guns with a very strong punch, exceptional accuracy and pretty good armour. Pretty much your all rounded BB without any true gimmicks.

31 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

We had a thread asking the exact same half a year ago. Nothing changed. 

It's still good

I did not followed much this forum in the past, and did not know about that thread. Thanks for the answer, guess i will spend my free xp on the Yamato then ;)

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,197 posts
11,538 battles
Gerade eben, dunbine sagte:

I did not followed much this forum in the past, and did not know about that thread. Thanks for the answer, guess i will spend my free xp on the Yamato then ;)

Be careful with free xp spending. There are new free xp ships on the way. 

[MAS-X]
Players
431 posts
10,613 battles
13 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

What ships? :Smile_amazed:

[SWAMP]
Players
582 posts
3,433 battles
1 hour ago, Yoshanai said:

Was thinking about saving myself, but with the legendary modules being moved to the NTC in a few weeks, Im considering blowing all 900.000 just to unlock the module missions before its too late.

Players
1,738 posts

I am not a lover of it, although I do think ever one should own one, just for the history and the lessons it teaches you.

Personal I would rename it to:-  ほとんど役に立たない

I would not blow my last stars and coins on it.

image.thumb.png.ef628c9939dff34593765e0d1dd722f1.png

Players
70 posts

I think Yamato alongside with Musashi and Izumo is just a great fire ball. Especially Musashi. I honestly never seen Musashi in a game that is not burning with at least 1-2 fires, sometime 3 or 4. Since there are so many HE ultra spam ships like Smolensk,  playing a big battleship is so frustrating. You just burn out in one minute. The gameplay is so much unbalanced.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[SEES]
Players
36 posts
2,862 battles
9 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Might be decent if you can stand to play it. Does anyone really, honestly, enjoy playing it?

Me. It's one of my favorite ships since getting it.

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,952 posts
12,885 battles

Yamato is one of my most played ship, still using daily, its the best T10 BB in my opinion, even for competitive. 

(Its also my profile pic and currently i am ordering a cobi yamato model, but i think its not relevant to the topic 😁

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
159 posts

In the current meta, i wouldnt say its good. It's nice to have that big boom, and it's a laugh to nuke stuff every now and then ( when it doesn't overpen ). But honestly, it's not that good now in my opinion. 

• Bad 1

Players
3,095 posts
17,541 battles
3 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

Might be decent if you can stand to play it. Does anyone really, honestly, enjoy playing it?

I dont play mine. Then again, I dont enjoy any BBs.

From a fun perspective:

Why play Yamato when you can sealclub T7 with Musashi? :Smile-_tongue:

Likewise Ohio with secondaries is everything the GK could be if the main guns behaved themselves. 

• Cool 1

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,038 battles
4 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

I do play it, and enjoy it. Hits hard, bow meme other BBs that is not Kermlin or GK, and rape RN and french BB(10k salvo everywhere on them) she is simple in terms of how she is designed, yet difficult to play well, only the ones that is deemed worthy of sailing her will do well. The citadel size points back to the good old days where if you show broadside to a BB, you explode, no questions asked. The highly accurate guns demand that you need to have good knowledge of the game itself, since if you don’t, you will get punished. Also she is still the only t10 BB to exist in steel. And finally, the best looking battleship, or even the best looking warship to ever sail the seas in my opinion 

a side note is that for me she makes up over 50% of the detonations as of now for some reason. if I remember correctly I detonated 3 times before I got her, 2 of them I’m dead anyway and 1 true full HP deto  before the hp rule thing. Since I got her, I went boom 4 times in Yamato, all more or less the same way, 2 torps to bow/stern, then boom.

Beta Tester
440 posts
11,250 battles
4 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

I do

is there anything wrong with it?

[KAKE]
Players
2,729 posts
6,707 battles

She's alright.

Dunno, I think the main issue with the Yamasashi sisters is that they are far from potato-proof. Their gunnery (particularly Yammy's) is fantastic, and they can be stupidly tanky if you stay at the right range and angle correctly. But they can also get spanked to kingdom come in a heartbeat if you show too much skirt, and if you misjudge your positioning you're unlikely to get out of there with more than a symbolic amount of health left, because there are supertankers that are more maneuverable.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,290 posts
8,976 battles

Hello,

Yamato is fine. She requires no nerf or buff, her performance is good. The reason she remains pretty much untouched is she follows a very simple and basic recipe. While having great firepower which can also overmatch 32mm of armour and is accurate, she can be heavily punished when put in even the most minor of bad positions due to her unusual citadel. If you have the experience and skill to position her well at a distance in which you can still reliably hit targets you will do well, but if you don't you will quickly find yourself with the fishies.

8 hours ago, Vbeest said:

Sure.

@Yoshanai is correct, if you want accurate data of where Yamato's placement is today then you need to use recent data. Using data from 4-5 years ago is not a reliable source considering all the game and meta changes over the years. ColonelPete's data is a far better source of information.

8 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Regards,

Minia

• Cool 2