You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zuihou_Kai

★AA exploit! Sector reinforcement sniping☆

78 comments in this topic

[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,538 battles

Shhhh it's a secret 

Press sector reinforcement key and immediately disable AA again. Combine with MAA and you can kill a single plane with every "snipe" without being detected. 

Players who received these snipes described it as being hit by invisible flak. 

Have fun ♡☆

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[PANEU]
Players
1,023 posts
3,083 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, Yoshanai sagte:

Shhhh it's a secret 

Press sector reinforcement key and immediately disable AA again. Combine with MAA and you can kill a single plane with every "snipe" without being detected. 

Have fun ♡☆

Isn't it there since 8.7 or am I mistaken? Happens early tho as most players doesn't know this.... 

[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,538 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Aixin sagte:

Isn't it there since 8.7 or am I mistaken? Happens early tho as most players doesn't know this.... 

After more than 1.5k CV games since rework I haven't experienced it used against me once. 

[PANEU]
Players
1,023 posts
3,083 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Yoshanai sagte:

After more than 1.5k CV games since rework I haven't experienced it used against me once. 

I experienced it twice actually. Didn't helped him tho. There was only one place where he could have been so he died. :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,979 posts
12,007 battles
18 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Shhhh it's a secret 

Have fun ♡☆

What exactly am I supposed to see? He did some minor damage to the squad and then nothing?

12 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Maybe because it requires 4 captain points invested in MAA which is generally considered the worst skill in the game by far since they nerfed AA.

• Cool 3

[UKMD]
Players
139 posts
3,307 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Horin728 sagte:

Yea this is known... It is annoying, but not 'game breaking'

some poeple may not know about this, so this post might help them

in fact, many DDs don't even knoe to turn off their AA

[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,538 battles
Vor 1 Minute, OldschoolGaming_YouTube sagte:

What exactly am I supposed to see? He did some minor damage to the squad and then nothing?

Maybe because it requires 4 captain points invested in MAA which is generally considered the worst skill in the game by far since they nerfed AA.

You dont need to invest points. Just dmg the CVs rockets like this in every game will annoy them to death. 

It turns a plane yellow and takes 1/3rd of its hp. With MAA it kills one outright. As a CV player myself this is annoying as hell. 

It's not a one hit kill move what did you expect lol

Players
131 posts
5,214 battles
3 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

You dont need to invest points. Just dmg the CVs rockets like this in every game will annoy them to death. 

It turns a plane yellow and takes 1/3rd of its hp. With MAA it kills one outright. As a CV player myself this is annoying as hell. 

Not powerful enough then, needs buff. /s

More seriously, shouldn't you get spotted as soon as the AA guns fire?

[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,538 battles
Gerade eben, Belmassa sagte:

Not powerful enough then, needs buff. /s

More seriously, shouldn't you get spotted as soon as the AA guns fire?

Check the video. There is a delay to spotting happening. Just enable and disable AA instantly. U get the dmg done. But you aren't spotted. 

• Cool 3

Players
131 posts
5,214 battles
Just now, Yoshanai said:

Check the video. There is a delay to spotting happening. Just enable and disable AA instantly. U get the dmg done. But you aren't spotted. 

Yes I watched the video and that surprised me. I didn't know about this delay.

That makes me wonder if this glitch can be exploited further by turning the AA off and on again repeatidely.

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,538 battles
Gerade eben, Belmassa sagte:

Yes I watched the video and that surprised me. I didn't know about this delay.

That makes me wonder if this glitch can be exploited further by turning the AA off and on again repeatidely.

No. AA needs time before it starts ticking. The sector applies on button press but AA starts shooting only after you get spotted. 

• Cool 2

Players
131 posts
5,214 battles
Just now, Yoshanai said:

No. AA needs time before it starts ticking. The sector applies on button press but AA starts shooting only after you get spotted. 

Well, many thanks for the explanation. I just learned something new.

• Cool 2

[HANDS]
Players
273 posts
22,875 battles

I didnt know this :), i wonder if..."works like intended" but also we, devs, didnt know :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,139 posts
9,500 battles
2 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

1 minute ago, Belmassa said:

Well, many thanks for the explanation. I just learned something new.

Planes leaves AA range too, so most likely that. I believe if the planes would move towards you, you would have been spotted. Also you might have been spotted on minimap for the enemies.

[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,538 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, DFens_666 sagte:

Planes leaves AA range too, so most likely that. I believe if the planes would move towards you, you would have been spotted. Also you might have been spotted on minimap for the enemies.

No it isn't that. Ask @Toss_a_coin_to_your_CV

How he experienced it. He thought he flew into invisible flak while not spotting me and thought his UI glitched when I pulled it on him :D

Also no minimap spotting happening. We can try it and I can show u if you don't believe me :D

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,979 posts
12,007 battles
29 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

But this should be effective only if CV turns away right? So if he actually tries circle around and strike you,  your AA is of?! Also, this only applies to Kidd and maybe Freisland, right? Or is the damage same for a Yugumo?

Seems very situational, but I can be wrong.

[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,538 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, OldschoolGaming_YouTube sagte:

But this should be effective only if CV turns away right? So if he actually tries circle around and strike you,  your AA is of?! Also, this only applies to Kidd and maybe Freisland, right? Or is the damage same for a Yugumo?

Seems very situational, but I can be wrong.

The dmg is % based so even a yugumo can one-shot with MAA for a single plane. 

This technique should be used only if the cv doesn't know your position or if in long range aura. 

While the CV circles if he leaves the air detect range of the DD AA should always be disabled except for DBs and torps. Also you try not to apply sector reinforcements during a short rocket strike Slingshot because the dmg will be absorbed. 

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
3 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

The dmg is % based so even a yugumo can one-shot with MAA for a single plane.

Is a single plane worth the micromanagement? Do you use this method? I mean is it worth to do on a regular basis?

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,538 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, loppantorkel sagte:

Is a single plane worth the micromanagement? Do you use this method? I mean is it worth to do on a regular basis?

I use it whenever I can. 

It is probably not bothering avg CV's because they don't care about plane losses but if you do it to me for example I will probably rage. 

Every plane that gets dmg is likely to be lost if AA is entered. A plane loss on a Midway can mean 50seconds waiting time for it to come back. This can bite one in the rear late game. 

It's an inconvenience for the CV and no micro at all. You press O and P and no this is not a joke... 

• Cool 3

[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,059 battles

Planes getting shot down by AA..... exploit of the century or what! Shocking. How terrible.

Not. 

It's only because AA is so utterly useless that it is even noticeable. A CV player will always be able to get a strike in no matter how clumsily they hammer their heads into the keyboard - an additional plane loss caused by someone mashing buttons at the right moment is probably not going to change the dynamics all that much....

MAA is probably the worst skill in the game in terms of sheer points invested vs. benefits - so anyone who takes it needs all the help they can possibly get.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,538 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Gvozdika sagte:

Shocking. How terrible.

Lol. 

It's an exploit since this was not intended. It's not a big deal. Never made it out to be one. 

No idea why you feel the need to be overly dramatic like that. 

This exploit doesn't change much but annoys CV players and gives plane dmg to DDs which they get bonus rewards for. 

It's a fast and easy button press to execute. Just sharing it here. 

[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,059 battles
1 minute ago, Yoshanai said:

Lol. 

It's an exploit since this was not intended. It's not a big deal. Never made it out to be one. 

No idea why you feel the need to be overly dramatic like that. 

This exploit doesn't change much but annoys CV players and gives plane dmg to DDs which they get bonus rewards for. 

It's a fast and easy button press to execute. Just sharing it here. 

Not being dramatic at all nor was it intended to be anything other than honest irony.

I'm just pointing out that as far as exploits go it really doesn't impact the game in the same way that the Smolensk shell-tracer shenanigans do.... or that other balanced favourite - the 'slingshot past all their flak and bomb the AA cruiser' routine...

It wouldn't even be obvious if long-range AA could knock out planes at least once in a blue moon - but it can't - so stuff like this does get found and used by enterprising fellows. 

How many people do you reckon even run MAA - probably a tiny percentage?

Of those people running MAA (more likely DDs as you correctly state) they stand to gain far more from NOT shooting at planes until they absolutely have to - rather than sniping the odd aircraft with the risk of being spotted and/or zeroed by the CV. By that time it possibly doesn't make much impact that a flight of 8 planes are now rocketing the crap out of him rather than 9. 

[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,538 battles

The dmg is % based. You can deal more than 1k plane dmg by doing that button press which will put one plane at half health without any risk no matter what ship you are in (DD's) as long as the plane is in your long AA range. 

It's bonus dmg which can be annoying especially to Saipan players. 

The Slingshot is no exploit since WG admitted it to be intentional. 

Smolensk tracers are no exploit because they don't need special needs to Pop up. 

So this right here is an exploit. With MAA it really hurts.