Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Herbstnebel1975

All of a sudden i receive 4 FREE premium days in exchange for being...CANNONFODDER ?!?!?

16 comments in this topic

Players
124 posts
6,766 battles

Last Sunday I was happy to see I received 4 FREE days of premium but that happyness didn't last for long. Every battle I've played since that day was a BIG loss. There is a difference between a BIG loss and a loss that was a thrill till the end of the battle. More then half of my team are BOTS or play like bots, not matter what tier I choose. As of Monday I went offline immediatly after the first battle cause losing every time with a difference of 1-12 is not amusing, not if it happens battle after battle after battle after battle it is frustrating and you get the feeling that YOU as an average player with a free account is USED....ABUSED as cannonfodder for the elite-p(l)ayers of WG.

I hoped it would come to an end today but never the less...starting a battle in my favorite tier 4 Orion just within 6 minutes my time was wiped out completely while none of the enemy vessels were sunk. I was still busy take out a Myogi while 2 dd's attacked me from different sides and  the cruisers next to me just watched and did nothing. Even a bot supports more then that...

Please take your FREE premium back if this is what I get in exchange cause there is plenty of other fun to waste my time with.

For people that will answer this topic with the classic answers like, no you just need to learn to  play and blablablabla. Just ask yourself this question. Would it make a difference when I would switch position with a player from the enemy team ? Probably yes cause then I would have a lot of BORING victories but the funny thing is... this happens rarely :-) .   One average player in a bot team or even an average team can't make the difference between a win and a loss against a team with 4 or 5 good players.

Ok, I'm gona have some fun with another game now and I hope more players would do the same as me when treated the same way by WG.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,114 posts
22,996 battles

Good for you lad, no need to complain. Now, do it again!:cap_viking:

Perhaps just wait a teeny little bit until I manage to join the opposing team, Bwahahaha! :cap_rambo::Smile_trollface:

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
726 posts
14,694 battles

Yes that's the price you have to pay, nothing comes for free in this game :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
2,068 posts
16,171 battles

It is a well known fact that once you get free premium time, a fat executive in WG's offices, sitting in his huge leather armchair, smoking a cuban cigar, petting a white cat in his lap while sipping vodka from a bucket, personally makes sure you get bad teams so your excellent gameplay has no chance to shine through.

This is all done to frustrate you so you don't have time to realize Finland doesn't exist and was made up by Russia and Japan so they can fish in international waters.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 9

[CATS]
Players
28,086 posts
14,885 battles
25 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

Would it make a difference when I would switch position with a player from the enemy team ? Probably yes cause then I would have a lot of BORING victories but the funny thing is... this happens rarely :-) .  

When you switch places with the deciding player on the enemy team, there is a good chance you would get similar results.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
10,990 posts
9,445 battles
9 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

This is all done to frustrate you so you don't have time to realize Finland doesn't exist

giphy.gif

• Funny 3

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,463 posts
8,604 battles
32 minutes ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

Last Sunday I was happy to see I received 4 FREE days of premium but that happyness didn't last for long. Every battle I've played since that day was a BIG loss. There is a difference between a BIG loss and a loss that was a thrill till the end of the battle. More then half of my team are BOTS or play like bots, not matter what tier I choose. As of Monday I went offline immediatly after the first battle cause losing every time with a difference of 1-12 is not amusing, not if it happens battle after battle after battle after battle it is frustrating and you get the feeling that YOU as an average player with a free account is USED....ABUSED as cannonfodder for the elite-p(l)ayers of WG.

I hoped it would come to an end today but never the less...starting a battle in my favorite tier 4 Orion just within 6 minutes my time was wiped out completely while none of the enemy vessels were sunk. I was still busy take out a Myogi while 2 dd's attacked me from different sides and  the cruisers next to me just watched and did nothing. Even a bot supports more then that...

Please take your FREE premium back if this is what I get in exchange cause there is plenty of other fun to waste my time with.

For people that will answer this topic with the classic answers like, no you just need to learn to  play and blablablabla. Just ask yourself this question. Would it make a difference when I would switch position with a player from the enemy team ? Probably yes cause then I would have a lot of BORING victories but the funny thing is... this happens rarely :-) .   One average player in a bot team or even an average team can't make the difference between a win and a loss against a team with 4 or 5 good players.

Ok, I'm gona have some fun with another game now and I hope more players would do the same as me when treated the same way by WG.

Nope. This one is your Fault. You just made a common Mistake......

Yesterday the 3rd Directive Came out.

And on the First Day of a new Directive or other Event. There is always a Sudden Oversupply of Yolo Potatoes that have a Race to cram as many Matches into 20 Minutes as they Possibly can. And many of them are so good at it that they can manage 5 or more....

On the First Day of a Directive you only have 2 Choices. Either you Play in a Triple Division so you can Guarantee at least 2 Capable Teammates. Or you Play something where you dont care about Losing.

Otherwise even if your not a Potato the result will end up looking like this....

2040647720_BearbeitungsBild-Kopie(2).thumb.jpg.364f8dfbbd92db9a70c48c5c2b6d8691.jpg

shot-20_01_28_15_28.17-0847.thumb.jpg.fc3339d9a020e62c41af85b24b6a3b77.jpgshot-20_01_28_15_28.20-0899.thumb.jpg.456eb1fd7b5df0bd04c5c62183ed8d4d.jpgshot-20_01_28_15_28_28-0517.thumb.jpg.85361adc0c7d14203e8bb7307d7e13be.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[XTREM]
Players
4,150 posts
11,514 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, Sunleader sagte:

Nope. This one is your Fault. You just made a common Mistake......

Yesterday the 3rd Directive Came out.

And on the First Day of a new Directive or other Event. There is always a Sudden Oversupply of Yolo Potatoes that have a Race to cram as many Matches into 20 Minutes as they Possibly can. And many of them are so good at it that they can manage 5 or more....

On the First Day of a Directive you only have 2 Choices. Either you Play in a Triple Division so you can Guarantee at least 2 Capable Teammates. Or you Play something where you dont care about Losing.

Otherwise even if your not a Potato the result will end up looking like this....

2040647720_BearbeitungsBild-Kopie(2).thumb.jpg.364f8dfbbd92db9a70c48c5c2b6d8691.jpg

shot-20_01_28_15_28.17-0847.thumb.jpg.fc3339d9a020e62c41af85b24b6a3b77.jpgshot-20_01_28_15_28.20-0899.thumb.jpg.456eb1fd7b5df0bd04c5c62183ed8d4d.jpgshot-20_01_28_15_28_28-0517.thumb.jpg.85361adc0c7d14203e8bb7307d7e13be.jpg

This is such a sad set of Screenshots CV op pls nerf. 

I feel really sorry for you. 

You experienced what I did when I got that one Enterprise game with 7 kills in a loss.. 

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,114 posts
22,996 battles
5 hours ago, Herbstnebel1975 said:

You'd better join my team and enjoy the losses but maybe with a good player like you we can make the difference :-D

Losing streaks happen, unfortunate fact of life and truly a nuisance. Just going through a bit of a rough patch myself BUT it could always be worse. last May I had 3 weeks with something like 30% winrate all-together eventhough I was breaking my own all-time HP Damage records the whole time. VERY frustrating I must admit, but it can't be helped. Statistically speaking, it's bound to happen from time-to-time. When you think about it, thousands (or tens of thousands) of games played daily, 1 player's dozen games a day is not even a significant number however well or poorly they went.:cap_old:

One-sided games are really a bore I agree but they can't really be avoided, best we can do ourselves is try to make sure we don't make things even worse. It is relatively easy to see, whether our team is likely to lose or win just by observing your team mates movement and positioning during the first few minutes of the game - Even before we have seen the enemy or a single shot has been fired.:cap_look:

Bad signs generally would be (just examples, there are many, manymore):

- A massive Lemming-train forming to one flank only (make sure to go the other way and pray hard).

- People going to the opposite flank (this means they will be late to affect the situation there and the flank they spawned in will likely collapse and lose the game - Again head over there to plug those gaps and balance the team).

- BB's sitting in the back and not moving to support.

- DD's Yolo-rushing without support.

- DD's going for the flanks and ignoring caps, when in Domination mode.

- DD's milling about next to or behind BB's and not spotting enemy DD.

- Cruisers not moving towards caps in support of own DD's.

- Radar ships trying to flank instead of spotting caps.

- Colorado trying to flank is a No-No.

- Anyone firing up Hydro, when still 20km away from the nearest enemy.

- Etc Etc Etc. The list is endless - Basically anything that could be considered outrageously or even slightly stupid.

So if you discover yourself in a suspect team that seems likely to get massacred, try to position yourself into the weaker flank (yes, in imminent danger) because that is exactly where you will be needed the most and MAYBE able to make a difference. Play carefully and do not take too many risks (but still, stay active, do not hide or run unless absolutely forced to do so - Fighting retreat is always a good option) if you notice that there's no backup and at the least you can get some results for yourself to save face, if nothing else. I call this "the Guerilla mode" - Just harassing heck out of the opposing team as much as possible, if you can't actually "stand and fight" and sometimes it will allow you to turn things around a bit. No reason to expect miracles though, so just do your best and try to enjoy your own awesome results instead. If something goes horribly wrong and you get blapped prematurely... Oh well Sith happens, so just get another pint and try again.:cap_tea:

Occasionally playing a Coop or 2 to calm the nerves may also work and switching tiers is a good idea, if you find that MM gets you stuck with the same Potato team every time (observe the names, if they are the same horrible pelayers every time then maybe it is time to change tiers and get rid of them).:cap_yes:

If it really starts to get on your nerves, just take a break from the game and find you calm center. If you're p*ssed-off, you'll just play even worse yourself. Sometimes it pays to just chill a while before continuing. Oh yeah, and find some good mates to play in division with, the therapeutic value of good banter sure helps, if only to better complain about the mounting losses but anyways. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 5

Players
131 posts
5,214 battles
26 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Losing streaks happen, unfortunate fact of life and truly a nuisance. Just going through a bit of a rough patch myself BUT it could always be worse. last may I had 3 weeks with something like 30% winrate all-together eventhough I was breaking my own all-time HP Damage records the whole time. VERY frustrating I must admit, but it can't be helped. Statistically speaking, it's bound to happen from time-to-time. When you think about it, thousands (or tens of thousands) of games played daily, 1 player's dozen games a day is not even a significant number however well or poorly they went.:cap_old:

One-sided games are really a bore I agree but they can't really be avoided, best we can do ourselves is try to make sure we don't make things even worse. It is relatively easy to see, whether our team is likely to lose or win just by observing your team mates movement and positioning during the first few minutes of the game - Even before we have seen the enemy or a single shot has been fired.:cap_look:

So if you discover yourself in a suspect team that seems likely to get massacred, try to position yourself into the weaker flank (yes, in imminent danger) because that is exactly where you will be needed the most and MAYBE able to make a difference. Play carefully and do not take too many risks (but still, stay active, do not hide or run unless absolutely forced to do so - Fighting retreat is always a good option), if you notice that there's no backup and at the least you can get some results for yourself to save face, if nothing else. i call this "the Guerilla mode" - Just harassing heck out of the opposing team as much as possible, if you can't actually "stand and fight" and sometimes it will allow you to turn things around a bit. No reason to expect miracles though, so just do your best and try to enjoy your own awesome results instead. If something goes horribly wrong and you get blapped prematurely... Oh well Sith happens, so just get another pint and try again.:cap_tea:

Occasionally playing a Coop or 2 to calm the nerves may also work and switching tiers is a good idea, if you find that MM gets you stuck with the same Potato team every time (observe the names, if they are the same horrible pelayers every time then maybe it is time to chance tiers and get rid of them).:cap_yes:

If it really starts to get on your nerves, just take a break from the game and find you calm center. If you're p*ssed-off, you'll just play even worse yourself. Sometimes it pays to just chill a while before continuing. Oh yeah, and find some good mates to play in division with, the therapeutic value of good banter sure helps, if only to better complain about the mounting losses but anyways. :Smile_trollface:

Lots of good advices especially the one in bold.

To play well you need to take the game seriously but at the same time you need to take a step back from your short-term winrate.

Whenever you lose and contemplate the end screen, think about the game you just had and evaluate how well you played given the situation. If you are satisfied with your performance then you can tell yourself "well, wasn't my fault, I did my part" and move on. If you remember mistakes you have done, even tiny ones, keep them in mind to help improve your performance - that will help you get something positive out of the game.

I find this helps deal with losing streaks.

Just last night I had my first games with the Udaloi. 5 losses, 2 wins. I finished top of my team in most games and learned some tricks from my mistakes. Overall I found the Udaloi fun to play and I'm hopeful for the games to come. I am annoyed at the current sub-30% winrate of the Udaloi but I know it's only temporary.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,114 posts
22,996 battles
38 minutes ago, Belmassa said:

Lots of good advices especially the one in bold.

To play well you need to take the game seriously but at the same time you need to take a step back from your short-term winrate.

Whenever you lose and contemplate the end screen, think about the game you just had and evaluate how well you played given the situation. If you are satisfied with your performance then you can tell yourself "well, wasn't my fault, I did my part" and move on. If you remember mistakes you have done, even tiny ones, keep them in mind to help improve your performance - that will help you get something positive out of the game.

I find this helps deal with losing streaks.

Just last night I had my first games with the Udaloi. 5 losses, 2 wins. I finished top of my team in most games and learned some tricks from my mistakes. Overall I found the Udaloi fun to play and I'm hopeful for the games to come. I am annoyed at the current sub-30% winrate of the Udaloi but I know it's only temporary.

Absolutely true. I even watch replays on occasion just to check. Also it is distressingly often, that I have found myself to be the main cause of our team's loss - Even if I was the top player or something, because of 1 or several slip-ups on my part somewhere along the way. :Smile_facepalm:

For example, I was in the Italian tier 4 Cruiser guissano... Did fairly well scoring Krakens and 2 caps BUT I STILL F*CKED UP and manged to cost our team the win. Because I had a choice, cap B and kill the enemy CV, which was a 1 shot kill on the other side of the island from me, easy pray (we were behind in points and only 2 enemy ships remaining) OR go chase down the enemy DD, which was in 1/2 HP on which I had scored some hits just before and who was close enough so I could have spotted and killed him with a few more hits, he also seemed like a noob, so easy kill. So I left the DD to our 2 CV's assuming that they could easily blap him (despite of the fact that neither had really performed well earlier in the game) and who were initially in no danger themselves since he was some 17-18km away from them.:cap_old:

Well I took the option A, capped and went after the CV, which then got killed by our Bayern from 15km away before I got the chance (should have seen that coming too), who had just finished capping C. I turned around, only to find that both our CV's were actually running from the DD while still getting themselves blasted to bits without scoring much any hits on the enemy DD in return. Time left... 30 seconds and the game ended with us losing by 20 points. :Smile-angry:

Should have gone after the DD, we would have won after killing both remaining enemy ships, even without the cap (I also forgot to check the time left).:Smile-_tongue:Totally potatoed that one, sigh!:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,436 posts
10,292 battles
3 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Either you Play in a Triple Division so you can Guarantee at least 2 Capable Teammates. 

true, but its also better to simply never play alone at all

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,183 posts
11,250 battles

Although this topic will be locked because of non-constructive nature,

If you still feel about talking "how MM puts bad teammates on your team on purpose"

Please use the sticky MM discussion thread around the top of the first page of gameplay.

have a g'day!

• Bad 1