Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
koliber_1984

What upgrades for CVs?

4 comments in this topic

[BASIC]
Players
631 posts
20,810 battles

I'm talking about upgrades in slots 3 & 4? What are your picks for Japanese, Ameircan and British ones? Just curious.

[XTREM]
Players
1,885 posts
14,428 battles

For slot 4, I take Bombers mod. 2 for extra bomber HP. Torp. bomber mod. 2 is kinda not needed I think, since they come with heal to help with survivability(exception being low tier CVs, I think?) The bombers get more use out of it imo. The other option is boosting Rocket plane HP... meh. No.

Slot 3 has no useful mods really, as of this writing. Depending on the CV, I usually take AA guns mod or Secondary Battery mod for something like Graf Zeppelin. Either way, you get more fireworks :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
415 posts
2,249 battles

For low tier (aka 4) the Rocket fighter time extender in module slot 3 can be really useful while trying to learn CV as the low speed of the planes can make you run out of time on an attack run if the target starts running away. After that as Miragetank90 (nice name btw :Smile_Default:) states module slot 3 becomes something of a dead duck as non of the upgrades are really useful and as such your better off sticking AA or Secondary modules there as they help (slightly) to keep your CV hull alive.

As for module 4, well your best bet for American and Japanese CV's is to stick Bomber mod. 2 as your DB's will be in the enemy AA for longest as they need to do the whole climb to release altitude thing. British CV's can really stick whatever the hell they want in that slot as the LB's are mostly a RNG cluster f*** (except Ark Royal and Indomitable) but having the extra health does help in making the drop (even if you end up killing more fish than ships). However on the same note that extra health can make getting a much more reliable torp drop a tad easier so it's really up to you which you prefer.

In the end it doesn't make too much of a difference as AA that would shred your planes is still going to shred them whether you have the module equipped or not and AA that won't...  well... won't.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,445 posts
20,553 battles

For slot 3 just take the extra AA. You want to drop as close as possible, so any extra aiming time is completely wasted. Any CV that is dumb enough to try to snipe you probably is also dumb enough to fly into flak and you will rarely, if ever use your secondaries.

For slot 4, that depends entirely on the CV.

For T8+ IJN CVs boosting your DB HP should be a priority since these are your primary damage dealers and they have the longest respawn time. For Ryujo buffing your TB health should be better as your AP bombs are a bit lackluster in performance.

For Ranger and Lexington TB health should actually be your priority since these are your most effective weapon. Boosting DBs on Lexington is not be a bad option either if you prefer to use those instead. On Midway rocket health in combination with TiTs is actually a very good choice as these are your most versatile weapons by far. Most high tier AA only allows for 2 drops with your DBs regardless of whether you have the HP mod or not. TB health may also be worth looking into ever since Midway TBs got buffed. Pick according to personal preference.

If you really want to play RN CVs, just go with TB health all the way as these will be your primary option against everything bar DDs.

• Cool 7

Sign in to follow this