You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MementoMori_6030

Division...

35 comments in this topic

[LUZ1]
Players
878 posts
12,886 battles

Worst is when div members spawn on different flanks and spent the first 3 minutes changing flanks :cap_win:

Players
2,080 posts
16,264 battles

I personally hate it most when it's a 3 DD division, so naturally they're the only DD's on the team, and they all go together to the same cap leaving the other flank without spotting / capping / torp screening. They usually fail on the cap they go to, as well. Though I have seen some very speshul divs, such as a french DD divisioned with a CV, etc.. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,838 posts
17,744 battles

Well, I for one think it is only fair to seek the AA cover of your firendly CV because he is the one responsible for the fact that there are CVs in your game in the first place. /s

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[BBMM]
Players
6,376 posts
8,565 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Newman said:

some very speshul divs, such as a french DD divisioned with a CV

DD+CV is very good, we always do Sims + Ark Royal.

Very high WR even in weekends. :Smile_playing:

Players
2,080 posts
16,264 battles
1 minute ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Or Kidd or Friesland in a div with a CV, yes. A french DD in a div that guarantees CV's, though? 

• Cool 3

[BBMM]
Players
6,376 posts
8,565 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Newman said:

Or Kidd or Friesland in a div with a CV, yes. A french DD in a div that guarantees CV's, though? 

...will work if the DD is very good, the CV will spot for him. 

Sims is better wehn the other CV attacks, but only so much. 

Smoke will not save you and the AA is quite "only working on potato CV". 

French DDs are damn hard to hit when they use speedboost - so yes why not. 

Another troll-div: CV + accurate BB... BOOM BOOM. Die you cruisers!

Players
2,080 posts
16,264 battles
10 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

None of this holds true of the enemy CV knows what he's doing. I observed a unicum in a french DD get obliterated by an average Enterprise just a few battles ago. The french DD used his speed boost, tried to throttle dodge, utilize friendly smoke and AA, and basically every trick in the book. The CV kept on coming and he was still dead in 5 min. What you described works only if the potato enemy CV decides to ignore the french dd. Smoke can and often will save you as long as you're not the type of DD player that sits in the middle of a single puff of smoke and keeps shooting when there are planes inbound to make it easy for the CV. Holding guns and moving in smoke means the CV has to luck out to get a hit, and most often even if he does hit it'll be a glancing, low damage hit.

Divisioning up so you guarantee a CV game in a DD that literally doesn't even have smoke or any other defense is a very silly thing to do, illustrated by the fact that every time I've seen people do that, they were really bad players with all red stats.. And no, they're not hard to hit with rocket planes when using speed boost. Not at all.

• Cool 2

[BBMM]
Players
6,376 posts
8,565 battles
9 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

None of this holds true of the enemy CV knows what he's doing.

True, but I think at least 80% sucks heaps.

1I observed a unicum in a french DD get obliterated by an average Enterprise just a few battles ago. The french DD used his speed boost, tried to throttle dodge, utilize friendly smoke and AA, and basically every trick in the book. The CV kept on coming and he was still dead in 5 min.

Yes you get unlucky games. However, that CV musty have been kinda good (El2azer would have had him in 2 minutes) and well, it was Enty.

I doubt if it would have ended that way if it were a Kaga. 

What you described works only if the potato enemy CV decides to ignore the french dd.

Which means it works somewhere 50-80%... the thing is, is it worth it?

Smoke can and often will save you as long as you're not the type of DD player that sits in the middle of a single puff of smoke and keeps shooting when there are planes inbound to make it easy for the CV.

Well in my clan I am one of the few that can actually kill a DD in smoke.

Result: lots of dead DDs and zero karma. I talked to DD players that do not even realise they are "visible".

I also chatted to CV players that either can;t do it or do not even realise that when the DD shoots, you see his position...

AKA they think where the AA comes from is his position... 

Holding guns and moving in smoke means the CV has to luck out to get a hit, and most often even if he does hit it'll be a glancing, low damage hit.

Not with Ark Royal... and even on an average evening I kill 2, 3 DDs in smoke using torps... 

Divisioning up so you guarantee a CV game in a DD that literally doesn't even have smoke or any other defense is a very silly thing to do, illustrated by the fact that every time I've seen people do that, they were really bad players with all red stats.. And no, they're not hard to hit with rocket planes when using speed boost. Not at all.

Maybe they think they're good... I'll ask my DD-divvy if we can try during the weekend.

Quite sure we'll end 1-2 on the teamlist... challenge confirmed.

I'm more curious how you get a Fuso (t6) and a Langley (t4) in a Div.

Didn't know it was possible... well you learn everyday, eh?

• Cool 1

[UA-NF]
Players
429 posts
7,431 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, Captain_Newman sagte:

I personally hate it most when it's a 3 DD division, so naturally they're the only DD's on the team, and they all go together to the same cap leaving the other flank without spotting / capping / torp screening. They usually fail on the cap they go to, as well. Though I have seen some very speshul divs, such as a french DD divisioned with a CV, etc.. 

when I see DD division on my side, my heart goes down. DD divisions are mostly noobs, and winrate is usually 30-40% if I get DD division.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,944 posts
19,635 battles
43 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Sims is T7 though ?

[BBMM]
Players
6,376 posts
8,565 battles
33 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Sims is T7 though ?

Yes but Ark Royal doesn't care :Smile_playing:

We often do it with T8 (Kaga, Lexi...) as well. 

Get T8 Cv and T9 DD or whatever. 

Spoiler

237830857_ART9winB.thumb.jpg.78780a234dbc014b6a6e7edec8cbba23.jpg1085063084_ArkRoyalinT91.thumb.jpg.5cdde7dcac2c0109534316159747eb05.jpg1919631494_ArkRoyalinT92.thumb.jpg.5c83e9c5d4e044fa085c35b0c0225529.jpg

[SCRUB]
Players
3,944 posts
19,635 battles
Just now, BLUB__BLUB said:

Yes but Ark Royal doesn't care :Smile_playing:

We often do it with T8 (Kaga, Lexi...) as well. 

Get T8 Cv and T9 DD or whatever. 

Reveal hidden contents

237830857_ART9winB.thumb.jpg.78780a234dbc014b6a6e7edec8cbba23.jpg1085063084_ArkRoyalinT91.thumb.jpg.5cdde7dcac2c0109534316159747eb05.jpg1919631494_ArkRoyalinT92.thumb.jpg.5c83e9c5d4e044fa085c35b0c0225529.jpg

But you're putting yourself at a disadvantage ? As you show, you got into a T9 battle with a T6 ship.

Players
3,290 posts
19,976 battles
7 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

...does not require you to spend the entire game within shouting distance of each other. Just saying. :Smile_facepalm:

div.jpg

How else are you going to use Discord??????????????????????????????

• Funny 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,376 posts
8,565 battles
45 minutes ago, lup3s said:

But you're putting yourself at a disadvantage ? As you show, you got into a T9 battle with a T6 ship.

Well yes, BUT unless it is ALL t9 and just us being T7 and T6, it doesn't really matter that much.

The difference between T8 and T9 MM is really small. A ship like Lion is not much more powerfull than Monarch, and so on.

The gap between T7 and T8 is much larger. For CV (the DD is T7 anyway and gets T9MM), there's still fires, torps will still hit, et cetera.

I know it is a "fail division" but hey... I haven't got a T7 CV, so it will just have to do... 

(also... what is the alternative... OK I could take Implacable... naaaahhhhhh!! I'd rather get T10 with Ark Royal or Furious, anyday!)

Oh and it is only 1/25 games we get T9... (some T9 ships... not almost pure T9...). Too bad really as I like the challenge. :Smile_playing: 

[MORIA]
Players
7,706 posts
38,336 battles
2 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

work if the DD is very good, the CV will spot for him.

Spot for him ? Maybe just the enemy DD. French have no smoke to use it and then tell the CV to spot. Sims/Friesland is another story. 

[MORIA]
Players
7,706 posts
38,336 battles
1 hour ago, lup3s said:

Told him about this a lot of times but he seems not to care that much. 

@BLUB__BLUB I'll tell you once again - you can't carry the game being a T6 on T9. Same sometimes there's such situation. 

[BBMM]
Players
6,376 posts
8,565 battles
Just now, MacArthur92 said:

Spot for him ? Maybe just the enemy DD. French have no smoke to use it and then tell the CV to spot. Sims/Friesland is another story. 

I mean the same way a DD spots BBs for other ships. I often go and spot BBs so he can torp them. 

Same as spotting other DDs for him, I spot them and keep them entertained - he comes in and deals the final blow.

It is sort of like a wolfpack. And yes I know Sims/Black/ Friesland are different... so are some Russians and that Akizuiki( or was it Akatsuki), usually.

Nevertheless I have not much trouble smacking Sims or the other ones... OK Friesland... ehh... gotta "make arrangements" for that one. 

Still, I find the French DDs usually a LOT harder to kill than others. IMO Sims is easier to kill than Vauquelin. But maybe it is the DD-player making the difference.

But we'll see, there's a challenge: try French DD + Cv and see how that goes. Will report back. 

1 minute ago, MacArthur92 said:

Told him about this a lot of times but he seems not to care that much. 

@BLUB__BLUB I'll tell you once again - you can't carry the game being a T6 on T9. Same sometimes there's such situation. 

I know, can't carry these potatoes... (hell I am a weekend player... sometimes I cannot even carry T5...).

But it's better with Ark Royal or Furious than using Implacable. If I'd assume your opinion, I'd have to delete Implacable...

Oh wait... just remembered... that is exactly what I am gonna do after I get Audacious... :cap_like:

[MORIA]
Players
7,706 posts
38,336 battles
1 minute ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

assume your opinion, I'd have to delete Implacable...

Oh wait... just remembered... that is exactly what I am gonna do after I get Audacious... :cap_like:

I'm having Indomitable and it's fine. I love the fast planes, it's 180 degrees different from AR. 

Implacable was irritating me then when I played it back in march 2019. Now? Idk maybe it's not so bad. 

[NECRO]
Players
1,748 posts
Vor 3 Stunden, BLUB__BLUB sagte:

I'm more curious how you get a Fuso (t6) and a Langley (t4) in a Div.

Didn't know it was possible... well you learn everyday, eh?

I was not in the stooges divi, god beware...

Players
3,437 posts
4 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

French DDs are damn hard to hit when they use speedboost - so yes why not. 

Another troll-div: CV + accurate BB... BOOM BOOM. Die you cruisers!

Did someone call for a potato CV guy, hey here I am:cap_like:

Players
3,437 posts
1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I mean the same way a DD spots BBs for other ships. I often go and spot BBs so he can torp them. 

Same as spotting other DDs for him, I spot them and keep them entertained - he comes in and deals the final blow.

It is sort of like a wolfpack. And yes I know Sims/Black/ Friesland are different... so are some Russians and that Akizuiki( or was it Akatsuki), usually.

Nevertheless I have not much trouble smacking Sims or the other ones... OK Friesland... ehh... gotta "make arrangements" for that one. 

Still, I find the French DDs usually a LOT harder to kill than others. IMO Sims is easier to kill than Vauquelin. But maybe it is the DD-player making the difference.

But we'll see, there's a challenge: try French DD + Cv and see how that goes. Will report back. 

I know, can't carry these potatoes... (hell I am a weekend player... sometimes I cannot even carry T5...).

But it's better with Ark Royal or Furious than using Implacable. If I'd assume your opinion, I'd have to delete Implacable...

I would say hold on to the Implacable, I have had quite a bit of a sea change of mind about her, sure she is no yankee gung ho warrior but I like her, over say the GZ, which I also like, would much rather the Implacable over say the Saipan.

[BBMM]
Players
6,376 posts
8,565 battles
4 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

I'm having Indomitable and it's fine. I love the fast planes, it's 180 degrees different from AR. 

Implacable was irritating me then when I played it back in march 2019. Now? Idk maybe it's not so bad. 

Implacable is my veryvery worst CV. I struggle to do 100k in it... for T8 I got Kaga (man that is a trollboat... sweet MF J-sus).

In fact, 35K is moire the usual. WHich is why I don't mind taking Ark Royal to T9 - better thant than Implacable.

Besides, my divvy doesn't have Black - so what we'd get is T7DD + T8CV and then we get T10... arghhh. 

2 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

I was not in the stooges divi, god beware...

I just wonder how they did it, it is TWO tiers difference.

2 hours ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Did someone call for a potato CV guy, hey here I am:cap_like:

You're not that bad. Just that you admit when you made a ff-up and others hide it.

2 hours ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

I would say hold on to the Implacable, I have had quite a bit of a sea change of mind about her, sure she is no yankee gung ho warrior but I like her, over say the GZ, which I also like, would much rather the Implacable over say the Saipan.

Someday might get buffed. I wonder what Audacious is like.