You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kenalb

developers bias or not

58 comments in this topic

[DKK]
Players
163 posts
3,353 battles

i simply dont get how the russian ships appear to be indistructible, just had a battle where i had 126 hits and 52 from main guns on smolensk, and he hit like 6 or 7times  all hit at my stern he dident get any damage at all from 126 secondary and 52 hits from main guns, but i was destroyed, i do not get that, i have studied the weakpoints of the smolensk and it is as bad armourd as the Hood, so how was this possible i ask. remind that thise hits was recorded by the game so it was not bad aiming on my part i reported it ofcourse

is it because the game are russian/polish?  

i was driving the Bismarck in her most  badass setup. never showing broadside hence the hits in my stern,

someone please explain this.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3

[COMFY]
Players
256 posts
2,745 battles

So you hit a Smolensk 52 hits with your Bismarck Main Guns without dealing Damage ?

I need to see that replay !

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
161 posts
6 hours ago, Flock_Undead said:

So you hit a Smolensk 52 hits with your Bismarck Main Guns without dealing Damage ?

I need to see that replay !

I doubt you will see any replay because he's either the unluckiest player ever on WoWS *edit*

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
28,207 posts
14,924 battles
5 minutes ago, kenalb said:

i simply dont get how the russian ships appear to be indistructible, just had a battle where i had 126 hits and 52 from main guns on smolensk, and he hit like 6 or 7times  all hit at my stern he dident get any damage at all from 126 secondary and 52 hits from main guns, but i was destroyed, i do not get that, i have studied the weakpoints of the smolensk and it is as bad armourd as the Hood, so how was this possible i ask. remind that thise hits was recorded by the game so it was not bad aiming on my part i reported it ofcourse

i was driving the Bismarck in her most  badass setup. never showing broadside hence the hits in my stern,

Smolensk is literally a paper ship. When you cannot crumble paper, it is not the problem of the paper...

But please show us the relplay :Smile_great:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,102 posts
9,497 battles
8 minutes ago, kenalb said:

I wanna definetely see that replay

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
275 posts
11,231 battles
7 minutes ago, kenalb said:

I don't think pols has anything to do with that.

but im pretty sure you are the one who needs to learn game mechanics.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,361 posts
25,043 battles

Translation: Probably he shot 52 main gun shells at Smolensk, of which he only 6 or 7 hit, doing low amount of damage, either overpens or spaced armor  hits. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
2,649 posts
11,390 battles
19 minutes ago, _Robertas_ said:

I don't think pols has anything to do with that.

but im pretty sure you are the one who needs to learn game mechanics.

You're probably correct.  A very serious case of l2p issue. I think OP progressed too fast down the german BB line

1.thumb.png.7a663e4452fab57d408fb01c2f27647e.png

2.thumb.png.205a4c2050f12feff40e08911c4159c6.png

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,174 posts
6,418 battles

Ive bounced 3 full salvos against a Smolensk in my Montana. So it can be done. Smolensk is actualy not as badly armored as you think if you angle. She has a 30 mm plate over her belt armor + middle section of the deck ,which requires 430 mm or higher guns to overmatch. So if you angle you can bounce BB shells quiet reliably. Unless they hit the bow or stern.

• Cool 3

[DKK]
Players
163 posts
3,353 battles

I didnt abanbon anything just reading your replies thats all, and atleast one were not a *edit* bully and provided me with the answer,  i am so sorry that i didnt post the replay,  didnt think of that, but even if i did you would come up with som lame excuse to bully me,  but i really dont care.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
2,800 posts
7,247 battles

Look, if you would post the replay of that specific game, the comunity here could have a look and point out why it ended like that for you, give you a few tips where to improve etc, explayn things and generaly tell you the things you may have missed. 

• Cool 2

[DKK]
Players
163 posts
3,353 battles
47 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Smolensk is literally a paper ship. When you cannot crumble paper, it is not the problem of the paper...

But please show us the relplay :Smile_great:

hehe as i said, hence my question why did it seem indistructible.?   and your are quite right if i cant crumble paper...

[DKK]
Players
163 posts
3,353 battles
4 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Look, if you would post the replay of that specific game, the comunity here could have a look and point out why it ended like that for you, give you a few tips where to improve etc, explayn things and generaly tell you the things you may have missed. 

see that is a answer i can use,  thank you. 

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
320 posts
8,857 battles

Arguing over replays and stats aside, lots of Russian ships are magic - we all know that. 

There's two elements at play - firstly, the biggest market is RU server, so there's an understandable tendency to make them a bit better than the other nations. Same applies in Tanks. Nobody plays Warplanes, but if we did, I expect the Yaks and Migs to be magic there too. 

The second element is more nuanced - Russia didn't have any navy, not least because it didn't particularly need one, but mainly because it simply didn't have the industrial capability to build one for the period we're dealing. That didn't stop them designing things though, which are the ships we get in game. Problem here is that a lot of those blueprints were total fantasy because a) no experience building them, b) no operational experience determining design, c) need for designer to stay out of Gulag by showcasing glorious glory of Soviet gloriousnessness.

Thus, we get things like the Kremlin which sit low in the water, have massive laser accurate guns, ALL the armour, some MOAR ARMOUR!!1!, turn on a dime, accelerate like they're rocket propelled, and are immune to anything that might hit them. 

As for the Smol - it's magic, because Russia. However, it's also not really a Cruiser - it's really a big DD. Chuck HE at it if you want to hurt it. 

• Cool 6

Players
2,649 posts
11,390 battles
5 hours ago, kenalb said:

I didnt abanbon anything just reading your replies thats all, and atleast one were not a *edit* bully and provided me with the answer,  i am so sorry that i didnt post the replay,  didnt think of that, but even if i did you would come up with som lame excuse to bully me,  but i really dont care.

If you start  your post talking about biasness  without proper evidence then what else do you expect. Everyone agreeing with you that there is biasness and WG actually added a forcefield to the smolensk to bounce off shots from your guns? I don't really think alot of people will blame you for lack of game knowledge but if you're gonna be a [edited] when going about it then yes its a reciprocal effect.

• Cool 4

[MORIA]
Players
7,705 posts
38,320 battles
On 1/26/2020 at 6:26 PM, kenalb said:

because the game are russian/polish? 

Polish? No, it's Belarusian company. 

It couldn't be Polish game with Błyskawica so powerceeped...

Conspiracy Cat 22072019101802.jpg

• Funny 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,705 posts
38,320 battles
5 hours ago, kenalb said:

I didnt abanbon anything just reading your replies thats all, and atleast one were not a *edit* bully and provided me with the answer,  i am so sorry that i didnt post the replay,  didnt think of that, but even if i did you would come up with som lame excuse to bully me,  but i really dont care.

Well then look at Smolensk armour. Has 30mm deck. Which means it can bounce even 406mm. This ship will be easy to destroy of they change it's armor to Minotaur level. 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,663 battles
24 minutes ago, kenalb said:

see that is a answer i can use,  thank you. 

So where's the replay, friend? :Smile_playing: 

• Cool 1

[QARTV]
Players
455 posts
9,767 battles

I have seen this again and again and again and again. There is something deeply wrong when game calculates damage against Russian ships and US ship(but mostly Russian), those two are by far most likely to have luck far beyond usual RNG idiocy. 

Times i have seen BB AP salvos fly in to that fffffffff Smolensk and it receiving unrealistically low damage are just countless. Sure some ships can get lucky SOMETIMES, like yesterday some fricking Mino survived 24 shells from my GK in range of about 5 - 8 kms, but with Russian ships this happens regularly.

Kremlin sometimes feels like you are just shooting at island, he will not burn, he has no citadels, he takes no module damage, he just sails on and kills. 

But we all know that this game has become just disgusting and WGs spitting in players face, when WHOLE FING COMMUNITY tells them that Smolensk and Kremlin are too OP, has just intensified and intensified. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
4,391 posts

Stop harassing the poor guy :)

He just encountered the magical WG overpen mechanics vs totally unbroken ship called Smolensk.

giphy.gif

• Cool 5

[CATS]
Players
28,207 posts
14,924 battles
23 minutes ago, _Dunc_ said:

Arguing over replays and stats aside, lots of Russian ships are magic - we all know that.

They follow the game rules as any other ship. That is no magic.

WG just needs to adjust some numbers a bit on some ships and everything is fine.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,361 posts
25,043 battles
24 minutes ago, _Dunc_ said:

There's two elements at play - firstly, the biggest market is RU server, so there's an understandable tendency to make them a bit better than the other nations. Same applies in Tanks. Nobody plays Warplanes, but if we did, I expect the Yaks and Migs to be magic there too. 

I think for WoWs the biggest server is EU. 

• Funny 2

[THESO]
Players
4,391 posts
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

They follow the game rules as any other ship. That is no magic.

WG just needs to adjust some numbers a bit on some ships and everything is fine.

Apparently that is a no-go on Soviet ships.

Easy on French for instance ... but Soviet ships? ..... nah .. unless you want to piss off Russian player base.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
28,207 posts
14,924 battles
Just now, nambr9 said:

Apparently that is a no-go on Soviet ships.

Easy on French for instance ... but Soviet ships? ..... nah .. unless you want to piss off Russian player base.

Khaba is french?