Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kasseopea

Is there even a remote release date on the Submarines?

13 comments in this topic

Question

Players
54 posts
842 battles

Kinda getting pissy about them. I've been waiting to start with the game properly for multiple YEARS now, but really wanted to play submarines, so I've waited. We have 2020 now and the things are STILL not done. Is anybody knowing where they will finally be released???

12 answers to this question

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts
1 minute ago, Kasseopea said:

Kinda getting pissy about them. I've been waiting to start with the game properly for multiple YEARS now, but really wanted to play submarines, so I've waited. We have 2020 now and the things are STILL not done. Is anybody knowing where they will finally be released???

No.

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,174 posts
9,423 battles

There has been no official release date yet, and honestly I hope it never will be. With the recent moves made by WG and the CV rework close in memory I have little faith that the subs will come out remotely ok.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
28,207 posts
14,924 battles
10 minutes ago, Kasseopea said:

Submarines are not here for a reason. They just do not fit the game.

WG is trying to hammer subs into a shape that fits the game, but not sure if the result can be called subs.

There is a good chance that subs will stay in their own game mode and will not join random battles.

• Cool 1

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
13 minutes ago, Kasseopea said:

Be grateful that they aren't rushing it, we don't want the CV rework fiasco repeating with the submarines yet again, do we?

Players
54 posts
842 battles
12 minutes ago, Filipin00 said:

Be grateful that they aren't rushing it, we don't want the CV rework fiasco repeating with the submarines yet again, do we?

Wouldn't call it a fiasco. After some adjusting, i've been doing fairly well on my Ryujo and now Shokaku. Plus - i'd rather have *something* than nothing for another 15 years, just because some people are concerned with "balance" in a game where the Kremlin exists.

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
28,207 posts
14,924 battles
7 minutes ago, Kasseopea said:

Wouldn't call it a fiasco. After some adjusting, i've been doing fairly well on my Ryujo and now Shokaku. Plus - i'd rather have *something* than nothing for another 15 years, just because some people are concerned with "balance" in a game where the Kremlin exists.

Oh, ok, if you see it like that, then you would not mind WG introducing Star Destroyers?

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,708 posts
14,194 battles

WG intends to release subs to the live server in an exclusive game mode some time this year, pressumably with a view to introduce them to regular game modes beyond that.

Players
54 posts
842 battles
23 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Oh, ok, if you see it like that, then you would not mind WG introducing Star Destroyers?

I see how subarines and planet-wiping death machines are completely and utterly the same and no exaggeration was made.

2 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

WG intends to release subs to the live server in an exclusive game mode some time this year, pressumably with a view to introduce them to regular game modes beyond that.

Hmm, aight. No real point to playing the exclusive mode though. It's like playing CV only mode.

[CATS]
Players
28,207 posts
14,924 battles
1 minute ago, Kasseopea said:

I see how subarines and planet-wiping death machines are completely and utterly the same and no exaggeration was made.

You were the one proposing that people being concerned about balance should be ignored.

Now Star Destroyers are too much for you.

In other words, you ARE one of those people.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,708 posts
14,194 battles
18 minutes ago, Kasseopea said:

Hmm, aight. No real point to playing the exclusive mode though. It's like playing CV only mode.

I believe the exclusive mode includes surface ships as a sort of test for the public of both SS play and surface ASW, but purposefully separated from randoms and other game modes.

Players
54 posts
842 battles
2 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

I believe the exclusive mode includes surface ships as a sort of test for the public of both SS play and surface ASW, but purposefully separated from randoms and other game modes.

Ah, alright. That could be fun then. Let's hope they don't push it to autumn or sth X_x

[SVZ44]
Players
5 posts

On 1/26/2020 at 2:45 PM, ColonelPete said:

My submarine is going to murderize your star destroyer

Sign in to follow this