Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Edinburgh_C16

how wg calculates the exp earned from battles?

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
117 posts
2,997 battles

how can this be possible? 1st battle results compared to 2nd battle? why did i get more exp in the 2nd battle, even if the dmg wasn't that good as the first? wtf is going on in this game?

wows1.jpg

wows2.jpg

wows3.jpg

wows4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,165 posts
9,348 battles

Show us the detailed stats with what you damaged. XP is % based, so doing a % of a ships HP is worth more than raw damage. Meaning you will get the same XP from dealing 50% damage to a cruiser or 50% to a BB.

 

That is my main guess here. Also did you swap out any economic flags or the like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
10,990 posts
9,445 battles

First battle: 1530 baseXP

2nd batte: 864 BaseXP

Everything after that is affected by YOU! signals, Camo, daily win bonus, (well in this case not as its both defeats, but otherwise possible) and premium acc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,086 posts
14,885 battles

You have MUCH less base XP in the second battle.

The explanation for a higher total XP in your second battle can be found in your XP modifiers.

Look at your results screen and you see what you used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
117 posts
2,997 battles
14 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Show us the detailed stats with what you damaged. XP is % based, so doing a % of a ships HP is worth more than raw damage. Meaning you will get the same XP from dealing 50% damage to a cruiser or 50% to a BB.

 

That is my main guess here. Also did you swap out any economic flags or the like?

in the first battle i used a This is your day Commander! camo and in the 2nd battle a frosty fir camo, didn't swap out any of the signals, just the camo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,589 posts
Just now, HMS_Edinburgh_C16 said:

in the first battle i used a This is your day Commander! camo and in the 2nd battle a frosty fir camo, didn't swap out any of the signals, just the camo

but as was said already: your first battle gave much more baseXP, so everything fine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
10,990 posts
9,445 battles
6 minutes ago, HMS_Edinburgh_C16 said:

in the first battle i used a This is your day Commander! camo and in the 2nd battle a frosty fir camo, didn't swap out any of the signals, just the camo

 

Maybe Premium account ran out

Maybe one of your signals ran out

And first Camo gives +250% Commander/FreeXP, while Frosty Fir gives XP/CommanderXP/FreeXP. so naturally, you get more normal XP when using the latter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,086 posts
14,885 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Edinburgh_C16 said:

in the first battle i used a This is your day Commander! camo and in the 2nd battle a frosty fir camo, didn't swap out any of the signals, just the camo

Unless you look at the detailed results screen, you will never know exactly why the numbers are different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
117 posts
2,997 battles
20 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

 

Maybe Premium account ran out

Maybe one of your signals ran out

And first Camo gives +250% Commander/FreeXP, while Frosty Fir gives XP/CommanderXP/FreeXP. so naturally, you get more normal XP when using the latter.

so let me understand, it doesn't matter if u do 1 dmg but u have mounted a good camo compared to a monster dmg game without a exp camo. the [edited]is this thinking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
10,990 posts
9,445 battles
1 minute ago, HMS_Edinburgh_C16 said:

so let me understand, it doesn't matter if u do 1 dmg but u have mounted a good camo compared to a monster dmg game without a exp camo. the [edited]is this thinking

 

No, not exactly. The more base XP you get (the 2nd and 4th screenshot you posted), the more you gain from camos/signals as they are percentage based.

F.e. if you get 100 base XP, and you have a camo with 100% Bonus, you get 200 XP. But if you get 1000 BaseXP, the same camo bumps it up to 2000 XP.

 

image.thumb.png.08706d6a1559d520fcc2efb1f98370cf.png

 

Thats what happens if you get high BaseXP and stack all signals + super camo + Premium acc + 200% daily win bonus in Narai. And thats still not the maximum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
372 posts
5,806 battles
21 hours ago, HMS_Edinburgh_C16 said:

how can this be possible? 1st battle results compared to 2nd battle? why did i get more exp in the 2nd battle, even if the dmg wasn't that good as the first? wtf is going on in this game?

wows1.jpg

wows2.jpg

wows3.jpg

wows4.jpg

Xp is based on % of damage, 

 

50% of dd (say 10k damage) is worth the same as 50% of BB damage (even if that’s 40k)

 

so in the second game you may have done more EFFECTIVE damage, and less on big targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
10,990 posts
9,445 battles
9 minutes ago, Rionnen_marksman said:

Xp is based on % of damage, 

 

50% of dd (say 10k damage) is worth the same as 50% of BB damage (even if that’s 40k)

 

so in the second game you may have done more EFFECTIVE damage, and less on big targets.

 

Dont confuse him more, he had 100k more damage and almost double the baseXP, which is worth much more than stacking signals/camos.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
4,215 posts
17,593 battles

Isn't XP also based on the tier of the ship you damage, so that damaging higher Tier ships gives more XP? Empirically that feels right...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
121 posts
7,990 battles
25 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Isn't XP also based on the tier of the ship you damage, so that damaging higher Tier ships gives more XP? Empirically that feels right...

that was my understanding too. so if your bottom tier (which sucks) the better you do against the higher tier is magnified

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
726 posts
14,694 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

Isn't XP also based on the tier of the ship you damage, so that damaging higher Tier ships gives more XP? Empirically that feels right...

Ye blowing up a full hp T10 DD in a T8 guarantees top 3 in the teamlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
372 posts
5,806 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

 

Dont confuse him more, he had 100k more damage and almost double the baseXP, which is worth much more than stacking signals/camos.

Which I suspect is why he’s confused he got LESS xp than the battle he did 100k LESS damage in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,086 posts
14,885 battles
2 hours ago, HMS_Edinburgh_C16 said:

so let me understand, it doesn't matter if u do 1 dmg but u have mounted a good camo compared to a monster dmg game without a exp camo. the [edited]is this thinking

No.

The better the game, the more XP you get.

If you get nothing, then the modifiers give you nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×