Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

Sugestions for the best build for Bayern

26 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

Well...

The former Chanceler of Germany, Helmuth Kholer (:Smile_veryhappy:), is the commander of my Bayern (for a while now)

The ship is a very late bloomer for me.

The German cruiser line was the last line I grinded between the ones I have and the German BB line was frozen for at least one year.

But now Helmuth Kholer come from the back and was the first to reach the rank of Great Admiral, 19 points.

Who would know? Not me.

So I would like to know your suggestions

What is the best possible build for Bayern? Specifically for Bayern, tailor made for Bayern.

Thank you.

[THESO]
Players
4,412 posts

Whats to debate?

You want the captain for Kurfurst?

So build it for Kurfurst.

PT, EM, AR, SI, CE and FP as the base build. What you do with last 3 points is up to you.

Players
6,862 posts
11,272 battles
11 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Back then, when secondaries still had AP, Bayern could citadel cruisers, thus even a secondary build was viable. Ah those were the days, remember wreaking an Aoba close range with 3150 dmg hits - secondary citas :D

But yea, now that this is gone, this is the only 19 pt option if you want to keep Bayern with such a capt.

• Cool 1

[SMP]
Players
243 posts

If u want to have fun with BB's pls dont play germans.

Their guns are crap . Even standing targets 8 km away the most shots land in the water. Next thing is, only 8 shots in the air. Suxx too.

Go for americans or russia.

I wasted tons of money,time and stuff for the german BB's.

Its a dead tree.

Players
218 posts
13,263 battles

Are u planning to keep that captain in Bayern forever or put it in Kurfurst later? If only in Bayern tank build is ok. 

There is no point in grinding to GK unless you play it for the role its meant for and that is a brawler BB with secondaries.

Other BBs perform far better as snipers. GK is suited for close brawls.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,664 posts
44,145 battles
50 minutes ago, Endorphin187 said:

Their guns are crap . Even standing targets 8 km away the most shots land in the water. Next thing is, only 8 shots in the air. Suxx too.

Its a dead tree.

T5 König is excellent

[SHAD]
Players
2,985 posts
12,743 battles
59 minutes ago, Endorphin187 said:

Its a dead tree.

Have you tried them since the dispersion buff?

Their accuracy is fine  now.

I would go PT, AR, SI and CE  for the first 10 points. Then you can choose whether you are going secondary or tank and choose either Fire prevention or AFT.

secondary build is ok at tier 7 but very effective at T8. Most good players seem to go for a tank build at T9 and 10.

• Cool 1

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,174 posts
6,418 battles

I recently resetted the german BB line and Im at Bayern now, almost done. Running this line with a full tank build this time instead of a secondary build and I have much better results. And for those who think Bayerns dispersion and guns are fine. I implore you to watch this replay.

Bayern is extremely tanky but the guns are ridicolously inaccurate and imposible to depend on. So use your teammates for damage and use your ship for attracting their attention.

20200124_105232_PGSB106-Bayern_13_OC_new_dawn.wowsreplay

Modder
4,878 posts
22,509 battles

CE on Bayern at tier VI  ...eee. Full ahead, AFT +secondary module + FP. Those lousy guns are working only on short distances and she is very good protected BB

image.thumb.png.1a6f368887d242adb999ae3cd4467a66.png

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

Thank you All.

I wanted to double check with you all before I commit some more skill points and regret later.

@nambr9 @Rautainen_Biisoni

This captain will remain in Bayern. Like every captain I have, they will be dedicated to the ship where they are. No generic builds.

When and if I reach GK I will recruit a new captain and he will be specific to that ship. (e.g.) My Freddy's captain is a 4 pointer.

@Endorphin187

How wee are on opposite sides of the field, IMO Germans BBs are, so far, the only proper BB line, all the rest are meh.

For me, IJN BBs are trash, the others in a BB vs BB, are like a bunch of Pensacolas with few exceptions

The RUBB line are the ones that comes closer but German BBs are still better as a overall ship.

No US BBs, I'm at Wyomming and it sucks big time.

French BBs are OK.

@Floofz

I saw your replay, and didn't see anything wrong with it.

A bit aggressive in the beginning... but, it's like you said, and that's how you play a BB.

Sure, the guns are a bit wonky sometimes, you covered two caps, you took a lot of damage, no other BB line would allow you to do what you did and that's the trade off.

You did a great job. While you might enhance the Nurnberg ego, you made that Kirov crap his pants and even if his Hail Mary torps had work you already putted him out of the fight.

Sure, you could choose other BB, play in other way. Do higher damage numbers

But it was thanks to Bayern that you said

and that's how you play a BB.

@Odo_Toothless

How many kms have a Bayern with CE?

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,038 battles

KM BB after dispersion buff are a lot less likely to derp at close ranges, even without dispersion mod

And I have always said that putting tank build on KM is okay, but if you are focusing main guns go for USN, RU, IJN lines, they are the better tools

secondaries and BB vs BB close range brawls is KM strong point 

PS the only boat I recommend putting dispersion mod on is gines, I have tried it both with and without and I have to say with 6 guns only to use having dispersion mod is better.

[THESO]
Players
4,412 posts
7 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

This captain will remain in Bayern. Like every captain I have, they will be dedicated to the ship where they are. No generic builds.

When and if I reach GK I will recruit a new captain and he will be specific to that ship. (e.g.) My Freddy's captain is a 4 pointer.

Well... I found Bayern to be a floating brick, so I sold it the moment I had enough XP for Gnaisenau.

Still If I would keep it for some weird reason with a dedicated captain I would go for the full tank build.

Good luck.

Players
696 posts
21 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

Normal tank build 

No point in anything else

hmm5.thumb.jpg.98b28c472eb84c82c3b6b3d6560a6c9e.jpg

This is pretty much how any BB in this game rolls, since 2ndary is mostly for memes and AA is useless. Reduced flooding and fire times backed by itchy DCP-finger makes it a pain in a DD and cruisers.

Players
218 posts
13,263 battles
12 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Always focus in getting 19 point captains on ships that you play a lot. If you always recruit a new captain to every ship it means you always have low point captains and this hurts your performance hard. This slows down your progress even more. Always focus only in getting 19 point captains and extra commander XP goes to those closest to 19 points. I have all T10s and lots of lower tiers too and only T10s and some others have 19 point captains. I have twice the amount of games you have so you see it takes quite some time to get 19 pointers. Putting a new captain to new ships is not a good way to go. Highest pointer captain goes through the line into new ships when you grind and then you add new captains to older ships. 

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
5 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Well... I found Bayern to be a floating brick, so I sold it the moment I had enough XP for Gnaisenau.

Still If I would keep it for some weird reason with a dedicated captain I would go for the full tank build.

Good luck.

A floating brick?

Usually my main gripe with Bayern was about the speed...until I reached the t8 cruisers....which are unwilling ships, all of them are slow to do everything. stop, accelerate or turning.

Gneisenau it's an outstanding ship but it's strengths can also be your doom. (mainly the speed).

So, Bayern as a German BB  it's much better than t8 cruisers and the speed can force you to pace yourself, forcing you to think more.

And as a T6 ships you will never encounter those Hyper HE spammers except for Bayard, but so far, I find they are rare to see in battle.

Bayern can pass for an unsuspected ship in the eyes of some Tirpitz, Bismarck and Gneisenau players, after all, it's just a T6 ship and the next thing they know, they can be sunk by it.

I could go on and on, but bear with me because I want to make  a point

All of this to say that Bayern while being a T6 has lots of things to offer, have lots of weakness to, mainly 25 mm bow and stern vs t8s BBs

but being a floating brick was never one of the weakness.

Try this. If you have credits and want to give another go

speed = 25 knots. 26.3 knots with the go faster flags.

turning circle = 620 m or 630 m (I can't remember which one)

rudder speed = can be down to 11.1 s ( because you can afford that, being a t6 you will never meet hyper HE spammers, except for Bayard, which is rare to see)

Pretty dam good, the best t6 BB if you ask me. May be lacking accurate guns but who needs them, when you have all the rest? 

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
39 minutes ago, Rautainen_Biisoni said:

Always focus in getting 19 point captains on ships that you play a lot. If you always recruit a new captain to every ship it means you always have low point captains and this hurts your performance hard. This slows down your progress even more. Always focus only in getting 19 point captains and extra commander XP goes to those closest to 19 points. I have all T10s and lots of lower tiers too and only T10s and some others have 19 point captains. I have twice the amount of games you have so you see it takes quite some time to get 19 pointers. Putting a new captain to new ships is not a good way to go. Highest pointer captain goes through the line into new ships when you grind and then you add new captains to older ships. 

I know.:Smile_smile:

I've been here 3 years or more and this is my first 19 points captain, but soon, very soon I will have 2 more. At least. .

the problem of what you say is..., which is the main road everyone is taking (other way to say nothing wrong with it)

not having a specific build for a ship you will not take the most of that ship, and that can hurt your performance like you said.

As a cruiser main I reached t8 and meh. Meanwhile I had two ships specialized and did see a difference.

And I mostly play t6 and t7, so my Highers captains will go there, they will be 4 captains and those 4 captains will do the rest.

Maybe in a year or so I can insta captains for higher tier ships.

[THESO]
Players
4,412 posts
40 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Try this. If you have credits and want to give another go

Thanks, but naah.

There are so many ships better than Bayern for me at T6 that I have and I hardly play any of them.

Atm I have to grind:

Mogami

Amalfi

Amagi

Monarch (coop only, because I hate the ship with passion)

Shokaku

Jutland

Chung Mu

Not to mention all the legendary modules I don't have :/

And so little time on my hands :/

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,766 battles
12 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Chung Mu