Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KarlStrasse

Clowns...

17 comments in this topic

Players
6,862 posts
11,272 battles

- Learn how to make proper screenshots. The game has a build in tool. And even with your cellphone the result is questionable.

- Learn where to shoot. From the result, its obvious, you dont.

- With <400 games you have no business playing a T9 BB anyway. You lack captain skills and experiance.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,139 posts
9,500 battles

Has nothing to do with german BBs - you need to learn about armor, gun caliber, overmatch... and so on.

• Cool 12

Players
66 posts
7,203 battles

The quality of the comments you have received is directly proportionate to the effort you made to make this thread, Pretty half-arsed really. Make an effort next time and your responses might improve.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 2

Beta Tester
2,800 posts
7,247 battles
Just now, FlamingHooligan said:

The quality of the comments you have received is directly proportionate to the effort you made to make this thread, Pretty half-arsed really. Make an effort next time and your responses might improve.

:Smile_great:

Exactly this, then people say the forum is a place of trolls and grievers etc, but they dont look at why that may be, surely it has nothing to do with theyr threads or whining or just playn bad posting.

OP you have less than 500 battles, you picked the german BB line witch is knowin for theyr wonky guns, and i suspect you were at the back, shooting at the max range your ship has and on top you need 1k + battles before you'r targeting gets better.

Now if you would have asked the comunity here to help you improve in a nice manner, you would get help and a tonn of that, but you'r opening post is soo high quality. (lol nope) you'r gonna get the correct responce to match you'r own post.

Now stop eating broken cookies!

• Cool 9

[SM0KE]
Players
6,188 posts
14,684 battles
1 hour ago, KarlStrasse said:

Fix this crap- German BB useless

I'm not seeing a question: if you want help, suggest actually asking a question, preferably not of the "I didn't learn the game properly yet, but I still demand the game be changed for me!" variety.

This forum is very good at helping newbies (sub-400 battles is a newbie), but only when they ask sensible questions.

• Cool 7

[4_0_4]
Players
7,802 posts
14,340 battles

375 and 72 of those battles are on a T9 tree ship.

Amazing. No wonder the HT quality is so bad.

@KarlStrasse If you aim to high, you'll overpen the superstructure.

If you shoot at angled ships, your shells will bounce.

I'd recommend you to use the "detailed ribbon" option, so you can see what happened with your hits.

• Cool 9

[PIKES]
Players
430 posts
10,204 battles

Try to check the "hit" ribbon (place the mouse over those ribbons, the one with x24 for example)  to see how many really penetrate, how many don't etc. It seems you was trying to kill the Goritzia. Using AP aiming to the middle near the main turrets near the border line level could be you citadels, etc. You must explain more about what was you doing, show mini-map etc, to receive better tips . The German BB line is powerful. GK, Bistmarks, Tirpitzs are formidable ships . The secondaries are a blast, the Tirpitzs torps .... Try to train in co-ops to be used with those BB's

[4_0_4]
Players
7,802 posts
14,340 battles
16 minutes ago, neorvo said:

It seems you was trying to kill the Goritzia.

Sure? That ship is green :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
84 posts
1,317 battles

Some prime memes in this here thread, very nice. To the OP, assuming this ain't bait, I can tell you what I learned as a relatively new player, mostly from watching YouTube videos and reading the forum:

- German BBs are a bit special in that the main guns aren't very accurate. This phenomenon is sometimes ironically referred to as 'German engineering'.

- German BBs used to have the best secondary armament, and even in the current state, a secondary build can be an option if it fits your playstyle (even though it isn't the optimal choice from what I gathered)

- German BBs from T7 on have what's called 'turtleback' armor. Essentially, this means you won't receive citadel hits from close range, although you still get cit'd from long range plunging fire.

Looking at these characteristics, it's clear what these ships are meant to be - close to medium range brawlers. That's what I deduce is their designated role, it's what WG had in mind when they designed the ships. When you play them as long range snipers, you don't play to the strengths of the German BB line, but to the weaknesses.

Now, obviously there is a predicament. If you stay back at long range, the ships will perform very poorly. If you rush in at the start of the match, you will get focused and die very quickly (this happens to me often). So you really need to watch out for good opportunities to go into medium range without overextending, and then commit to the brawl. It's all about smart tactical choices, about minimap awareness, and honestly, I myself mostly make the wrong choice due to a lack of experience, so I totally understand your frustration with the German BBs.

If you lost all confidence in the German BBs, I recommend you watch a few YouTube videos by good BB players, then you'll see there is a viable way to play them.

• Cool 4

[JRM]
Players
7,065 posts

@OP German BBs acctually recently got buff to the main guns and they are quite nice to play overall these days as they have top secondaries AND usable main battery...

Few things

1. IDK what build you use for the captains on those ships but i suggest you include the Expert Loader skill in them so you can switch ammo types faster (half time) when the guns are loaded with the ammo that is wrong for the shot...

2. You should be familiar with AP shell overmatch mechanic and thresholds as well as armor thickness on various parts of ships on tiers you will play, its not needed to know EVERY ship as most follow in class standards for different parts, when you encounter a ship you had particularly bad results shooting (overpens, shatters) look it up to see if it has some specific armor reinforcements that caused this

3. Playing german BB as snipers is still a waste of potential IMO, in general you should build them at least for secondary range as you can have at least some mileage from those nice secondaries BUT for starters I suggest you use a tank build until you train up a bit and stay mid ranges, Flamu has good builds for BBs in general something like: PT or PM -> EM -> SI -> FP -> CE -> AR -> EL -> JOAT or HA those work quite well and offer some extras in most situations

4. Learn how to get most out of your salvos, you wait for half a minute for those guns to reload (ok a bit less with some modules and AR kicking in) so make them shells count, look for targets that are about to present you the best shooting option (usually broadside) and make a proper lead adjustment to max the number of hits, proper target selection and some applied patience about it is the bread and butter of play in this game especially in Randoms and double true for BBs

5. When there are no good targets for your AP (broadsides) dont be shy to fire HE shells, they pen up to 1/6 of their caliber and HE shells fired form a battleship gun will do some damage to most ships upon impact (they do shatter at very thick armor such as main belts and turret faces) and can cause fires that rack up free damage

Do these and with some aiming practice I am confident you will be braking the triple digits in no time

• Cool 1

Players
3,292 posts
20,010 battles
9 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

The problem is when you see them on both sides and your team having more of them. 

In many battles the win or lose is determined by the amount of red potatoes on each side. Sometimes you get a wise DD to cap bases so you can win even with a hord of such players in your team. Or some detonations on enemy side. 

Oh ive lost battles with 4 solo cap ribbons and 130 k damage in my tier 8 dd sailing amongst tier 10 this week.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,731 posts
25,101 battles

... yeah.... i don't think he'll come back lol

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,290 posts
8,976 battles

Hello folks,

Right, really? Yes, this thread isn't constructive or positive in any way but this does NOT give people any reason to provoke, insult and publish posts with a lack of respect or care. But the way some of you have reacted here makes me think perhaps it's time to do more than slap wrists. I do expect such reactions now and again but this is just very disappointing. Locked.

Regards,

Minia

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1