You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Port slots sale - question on what was the lowest price for it ever?

22 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,639 posts
16,688 battles

Hi all,

Port slots sale - question on what was the lowest price for it ever?

Right now we have "Lunar New Year" event:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-events/lunar-new-year-2020/

Festive Discounts and Gifts

Start: Fri. 24 Jan. 06:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Fri. 24 Jan. 06:00
End: Fri. 31 Jan. 06:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Fri. 31 Jan. 06:00

• −50% to the cost of Port slots in doubloons

But I was wondering if that was the lowest price we ever had?

Does anyone remember, possibly, of even lower price?

BTW, when I did a search in Google:

site:worldofwarships.eu/en/news/ "cost of Port slots in doubloons"

the lowest I got was 50% (i.e. same as it is now) but on Reddit I found out that someone somewhere had even better deal:

Port Slot = 75 Doubloons

I sincerely must say that I don't remember that on EU (especially 1 year ago)...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,951 posts
12,862 battles

Free? For all the grindable t5-t6 ships we got in the last few years. I have 60+ not used port slots. 

• Cool 4

[CAIN]
Players
4,674 posts
19,810 battles

I can't remember PS being cheaper then  50%.

I have ~90-ish left and ships i don't have yet are the RN CAs, so it'll be a while before i Need to buy some. 

Players
6,058 posts
12,082 battles
18 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Yep, im pretty sure its was 75 dubs once before. That was a 75% discount.

Twice.

It was 75% off xmas 2018 and xmas 2017

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,166 posts
14,655 battles

There's been at least one 75 doubloons promo since I've been playing FWIW...

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,639 posts
16,688 battles

Hi all,

23 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Yep, im pretty sure its was 75 dubs once before. That was a 75% discount.

5 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Twice.

It was 75% off xmas 2018 and xmas 2017

Darn... I can't remember that at all... BTW,  I didn't find that in "News" section as well...

In any case we didn't get 75% OFF this year... now it is 50% OFF...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,763 battles

I think 75 was lowest indeed.

Beginners shouldn't overbuy them, you get a lot for free throughout the years.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

I can remember a 75 dubs pricetag as well.

I also seem to remember one with 66 or 70 % off announced wich came down to 100 dubs for a slot in the game.

Have not bought any for quite a while now. With up to three slots per month for completing daily missions, as well as potential rewards from containers and sometimes from missions, I never seem to run out.

Beta Tester
2,800 posts
7,242 battles

There was that time that they were 75dubs per slot, i got a tonn of them that time, and still have 44 spare ones, wating to fill them up. :Smile_smile:

[ONE2]
Players
3,114 posts
23,078 battles

Played this game for more than 3 years now, never needed to buy a port slot yet... :cap_hmm:

But now that I think of it, I used to get lots of those and reserve captain slots and Spotting Aircraft mods in containers earlier on. I think they've fixed that now since I have not received any of those in a while. Mayhap that'll become necessary at some point, if ever I manage to get so many new ships... :cap_old:

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,639 posts
16,688 battles

Hi all,

1 hour ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Played this game for more than 3 years now, never needed to buy a port slot yet... :cap_hmm:

Neither have I... I have around 150 ships in port and 20 free port slots... :Smile_honoring:

BTW this year (2020) I have a goal to re-buy each and every ships in lines I already grinded from Tier V to Tier IX if I already don't have it (i.e. fill all tiers)... so... I was thinking that I might need some additional port slots and that's why I asked... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

Players
2,074 posts
16,219 battles

Lowest price I've ever seen was on every christmas patch except for the last one - 75% off equals 75 doubloons each. I doubt we'll see that again, since it didn't happen this christmas. 

[H_FAN]
Players
2,659 posts
44,023 battles

with the port slots in daily missions it just piles up 330 ships and 46 slots for ships to come.

Players
1,879 posts
8,193 battles

I think the logic was that you can get free slots via missions, but the discount is only 50%, not 75% as it used to be.

Players
6,058 posts
12,082 battles
On 1/24/2020 at 4:51 PM, PassTheSalt said:

they gave us free ones via missions instead which was nice as i was hoping to buy another 30 for 75 per

Yes, and now you have to play for 10 months and get all 3 of the daily mission reward thingies instead of just buying 30 slots for a whopping 2250 doubloons :Smile-_tongue:

[UA-NF]
Players
427 posts
7,385 battles

75 doublons on last Cristmas. They are at 150 doublons now so if you need port slots, I'd buy now. Cause chances are good, next discount gonna be either on some update in summer or on next Cristmas. And upgrade removal price is 5 doublons only right now. I removed upgrades from dozen of ships I don't use anymore.

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,487 posts

I actually bought a few spare ones when they were 75 doubloons. Having done that, and remembering how good that price was, has kind of made me reluctant to buy them at full price. Half price? It's not bad, but I wouldn't buy any more than I think I actually need. Luckily for me, I don't need any more for a while. :Smile_Default:

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
8 minutes ago, Perekotypole said:

And upgrade removal price is 5 doublons only right now. I removed upgrades from dozen of ships I don't use anymore.

Or you could have waited till the next patch, when we get to dismount upgrades for free for a week.

[THESO]
Players
1,267 posts
16,464 battles

The lowest discount was -75%, effectively 75 doubloons over the 2018 Christmas holidays. I bought around 30 of them back then, mainly to get my collection up for events like snowflakes. Players who claim to never have bought one played the game a lot back when you still used to get slots from containers.

One doesn't need port slots for every ship one plays. Snowflakes for T5 - T7 ships are not worth that. And many of the players with more than 100 ships in port struggle to collect all snowflakes anyway. But you should be able to keep at least all T8-T10 ships, the mid-tier ships you have perma camos for, and your favorite low and mid-tier ships for some future CB/Ranked sprints.