Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Viplanet

Minimap: Last know location

57 comments in this topic

[TBGS]
Players
11 posts

Hello

I asking for some help, I need to know how to turn off the last know ships location on minimap. On minimap gear setting, I haven't that option, and I would like turn off this option. I know many like, but many don't like this option On. For a quick reading of the map it simply confuses its visualization, and makes the minimap too confusing and populated with very subjective information to be important. Of course there are advantages to having the last location turned on, but please leave that option on the user's side. If you can help me, thank you in advance!

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[TBGS]
Players
11 posts

No option at all on minimap settings.

@Karatsu, Information can be of value, and everyone can define that value. But the option on the user's side is more valuable, and each one chooses whether or not they want to have it. Than to be forced to have. Options are always good.

Thanks!

783516744_DesktopScreenshot2020_01.24-10_31_00_35.thumb.png.83e1e7bc7b5e978c281dcc15ae95d974.png

• Bad 1

[-TAP-]
Players
350 posts
8,594 battles

I can't check it at the moment, but I believe it's in the overall game settings, rather than the minimap settings when in a battle.  That said, it's incredibly useful information to have, so it's very hard to see what reason there is to disable it.

• Cool 7

Players
2,074 posts
16,206 battles

Having last known location on being necessary for quality gameplay isn't a matter of opinion, it's a fact. Same goes for enlarging the mini map and keeping ship names turned on. This aids your situational awareness, nobody can keep track of 12 ships all the time and this provides a visual aid so you know where an important target / high threat was last seen, and where he was heading. Not using this will result in worse games. Same goes for stock consumables - using them will lead to worse games, which in turn give less credits and xp. If this is your way of saving credits, it's pointless and doesn't work.

Unless you're a coop only player, it is highly recommended to keep using last known location as well as the other stuff mentioned above. Get used to it, and use the information it provides, you'll become a better player for it.

• Cool 11

[TBGS]
Players
11 posts

@Pandafaust As I said in my initial post, and so that there are no doubts and I recognize that it can be useful for many situations, but also as I said, I would like it to be an option, not an obligation, to be on the client's side. More people want the same thing, and I still haven't seen a concrete answer to my question even by people with a very relevant game history. It is some state secret to explain to those who need to know, or there is a chance to turn off / on or not. :Smile_Default:

Thanks

• Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[TBGS]
Players
11 posts

@Captain_Newman

I only want to know about last location thing, enlarging minimap and ships names and so on, is cool to have, no doubt. As can be cool to many have last location ships position, but! Exist always someone that don't like the last location ships on minimap, like me, many out there don't like too, so, if exist a option for that, the choose is always from client side, and do not affect the entire players. is a o p t i o n! Or could be... let the player choose how to play in this matter. And IMO it is not necessary, but a relevant help for some. But, not for all. The settings are for that purpose, to personalize the game experience, and what we are talking about does not have or should not be a general rule, just because some like it. I think that with all that has been said, this point has already been clarified.

Thanks anyway, cheers

• Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[I-J-N]
Players
5,484 posts
11 minutes ago, Viplanet said:

@Pandafaust As I said in my initial post, and so that there are no doubts and I recognize that it can be useful for many situations, but also as I said, I would like it to be an option, not an obligation, to be on the client's side. More people want the same thing, and I still haven't seen a concrete answer to my question even by people with a very relevant game history. It is some state secret to explain to those who need to know, or there is a chance to turn off / on or not. :Smile_Default:

Thanks

If you find the minimap confusing, try making it bigger. You will need all the information provided by the minimap. You can prioritize information relevant to your ship by turning on or off detection and/or various weapon range radius settings.

• Cool 1

[-TAP-]
Players
350 posts
8,594 battles
21 minutes ago, Pandafaust said:

I believe it's in the overall game settings

@Viplanet have you checked these settings yet? I can't screenshot it as I'm at work, but I believe it's in there based on having walked my brother through what he needed to enable when he (re)installed the game recently.

[TBGS]
Players
11 posts
Just now, Pandafaust said:

@Viplanet have you checked these settings yet? I can't screenshot it as I'm at work, but I believe it's in there based on having walked my brother through what he needed to enable when he (re)installed the game recently.

I put a screenshot above, showing that I can't see that option on minimap settings. maybe trying reinstal the game is the best way to go. I will try.

• Bad 1

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
733 posts
12,697 battles

Why I have the feeling that best option for OP is to actually make only first step of the reinstalling process?

OP you shown minimap settings, the other person was talking about general settings (when you press ESC you have option to choose settings).

I personally hope you cannot change it and it will push you out of this game.

There is something in the way you write that gets the worst out of me.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[I-J-N]
Players
5,484 posts
3 minutes ago, Viplanet said:

I put a screenshot above, showing that I can't see that option on minimap settings. maybe trying reinstal the game is the best way to go. I will try.

The screenshot is correct. Those are the minimap settings available. Under controls, all you can do is choose some minimap related key settings. AFAIK, what you want is not available in the game settings, and for a good reason as others have tried to tell you. We are slightly puzzled why you want to have an option that would negatively impact your game experience.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,035 posts

I noticed that this (once awailable at the minimap menu) oprion is gone as well but as it seems to be "stuck on" and I always kept it on didnt think much of it, seems they made it petmant at some previous patch?

• Bad 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles

Wow, is this guy asking how to gimp himself making his gameplay experience objectively worse? 

This may be a new record for this forum :Smile_medal:

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,484 posts
Players
1,910 posts
Just now, Bics93 said:

Wow, is this guy asking how to gimp himself making his gameplay experience objectively worse? 

This may be a new record for this forum :Smile_medal:

Yep. This^^

Hope you never end up on my team OP. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
372 posts
5,816 battles
15 minutes ago, Viplanet said:

Press esc, go to settings, then I think it’s under the UI settings.

[TBGS]
Players
11 posts

Players
2,074 posts
16,206 battles
17 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

I noticed that this (once awailable at the minimap menu) oprion is gone as well but as it seems to be "stuck on" and I always kept it on didnt think much of it, seems they made it petmant at some previous patch?

I honestly hope it's on purpose. 

[I-J-N]
Players
5,484 posts
9 minutes ago, Viplanet said:

@Karasu, I will check out that asap. Thanks for trying help me for some way.

Only the 2019 thread is relevant any more though. It seems some people genuinely want this option. Remember, if you find a mod that gives you this option, only download a mod that is known to be legal.

Does WOWS have an official mod station or a hub? Or can you trust all the mods that are posted in the mod section of this forum?

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this