You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yedwy

Pan Asian additions - any good?

107 comments in this topic

[JRM]
Players
7,068 posts

So new Pan Asian ships hit the ship shop, most of us saw some reviews on them before and had met some during ST on the great blue...

So anyone planning to pick some up? If yes why?

Also if someone already picked some of them up how satisfied are you, do they live up to the expectations you had? Do the final stats meet with the preview ones etc...

• Cool 1

Players
2,081 posts
16,277 battles

I was wondering the same thing, small miracle someone hasn't started a thread on these before now.

From what I know about them...

Silly Wan.. whatever.  Some kind of weird Loyang / Ognevoi hybrid, as far as I understand it. Doesn't seem that special to me. Could be wrong on this.

Wukong: Cool name doesn't change the fact it's a Charles Martel that trades MBRB and speed boost for 12km deepwaters with a torp reload booster. Seems like a bad trade to me. If you want a deepwater variant of an otherwise strong t8 ship, the Irian is the ship you want - you get Kutuzov guns and 13.5km deepwaters with a booster, instead. I don't particularly think the tradeoffs the Wukong makes are worthwhile.

Bajie: Slightly more accurate Izumo with worse traverse and reload (32s). According to LWM, the increased sigma won't really be that noticeable in day-to-day use. I have to say, I kind of like the look of that camo, but still don't think it's worth paying for this ship since you can just get the Izumo for free.

I'd be interested to hear about actual user experiences, though - I do not own any of them.

• Cool 4

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,766 battles
19 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

So anyone planning to pick some up?

Nope.

• Cool 2

[-TAP-]
Players
350 posts
8,625 battles
26 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Not me - I really like the ognevoi, so the Siliwangi would potentially have been an interesting hydro variant, but I'm not going near anything with deepwater torpedoes now they're losing one of their main advantages. 

• Cool 6

[BATES]
Alpha Tester
3,081 posts
12,094 battles

Must admit I'm not even remotely interested in these ships, too much of the same. I suppose there will a lot who do like the shiny chinese stuff though.

• Cool 2

Players
2,081 posts
16,277 battles

Yea I'm not planning on getting any of them either. Deepwaters are about to lose their main advantage and significantly lose out on their value, which leaves out the Siliwangi and Wukong.

The Bajie I might have picked up if it was on offer for fxp or coal, but buying her outright for that price, or trying to get her out of lootboxes (which, unless very lucky, would likely make her even more expensive)? Just.. no.

• Cool 4

[JRM]
Players
7,068 posts

Well I was and in fact am still considering the Silawangi, however what bugs me about pulling the trigger are two things...

1. Is the ship usable to get some extra stuff by playing it (missions  extra loot boxes etc) and I dont mean the few directive tasks as the rewards as far as I see are miniscule

2. Is the ship in itself really worth it, it has Loyang hydro and Ognevoi hull with DWT meaning it will be underwhealming as a gunship and its basically the only DD vs DD weapon it has leawing the question what do you actually do to the.enemy DD once you catch him in the hydro, seems its primarily a team oriented dd idea but for randoms?

• Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,689 posts
19,842 battles

The collector in me screams "gib", but the upcoming nerf to DDs in General and WGs Profit making Policy say "nope".  

Still, would like to have the CNY capatins tho.

• Cool 7

[DONLY]
Players
141 posts
2,730 battles

I really struggle with me. I want to like them but I will not buy them until a good review from one of the CC come out. The BB looks good tho... secondary gimic, tiny bit better guns and looks pretty good.

But I wait... otherwise I will regret it. And can someone say what they will do to DWT? What will they nerf on the torps? Can someone pls explain it pls?

[SV]
Players
1,103 posts
14,085 battles

na not gonna pay for them, there are other ships i want more if im gonna put money into the game! 

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

This is how lazy WG have been with these "tweaked re-skins", with the ships Lunar camo removed the aircraft still have the original nations paint scheme applied, so the Bajie has Japanese aircraft markings and the Cruiser has the French markings. They couldn't even be bothered to change that tiny detail!

• Funny 5

Players
372 posts
5,825 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

So new Pan Asian ships hit the ship shop, most of us saw some reviews on them before and had met some during ST on the great blue...

Also if someone already picked some of them up how satisfied are you, do they live up to the expectations you had? Do the final stats meet with the preview ones etc...

Saw a baiji (or however it’s spelt) this morning.

its AA is trash. Like, trashy trash. Dunno about anything else, wasn’t particularly impressed by the Wukong’s AA either.

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,984 posts
28,643 battles

One note, while Bajie and Wukong are re-skin of ships available in the game, Silivangi is actually a new ship. It is not Ognovei class but belongs to Smelyi or Skoryy class destroyer. In game Ognevoi is not really competently historically correct as top hull is planed or WG imagined upgrade, not sure. Smelyi class is based on Ongevoi class but they are not the same.  

• Cool 2

[FAF]
[FAF]
Players
481 posts
17,819 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Dont waste your time on them WG is destroying deep water torpedos

[JRM]
Players
7,068 posts
18 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

And can someone say what they will do to DWT? What will they nerf on the torps? Can someone pls explain it pls?

They wont do anything to DWT themselves, what they do (sheduled for the next patch AFAIK) is rework the ship upgrades and (IIRC) that (so far pretty usless next to CSM) Target aquisition modification in slot 5 gets the addition of making ALL torps detectable at a fixed distance of 1.8 (IIRC) km and even worse it stacks with Vigilance captain skill, meaning you get ALL torps wisible as far out as 2.3km or so...

• Cool 1

Players
2,081 posts
16,277 battles
4 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

They wont do anything to DWT themselves, what they do (sheduled for the next patch AFAIK) is rework the ship upgrades and (IIRC) that (so far pretty usless next to CSM) Target aquisition modification in slot 5 gets the addition of making ALL torps detectable at a fixed distance of 1.8 (IIRC) km and even worse it stacks with Vigilance captain skill, meaning you get ALL torps wisible as far out as 2.3km or so...

That module will be real popular with the straight lining BB mains, otherwise known as your main source of damage when playing deep water torp boats. The deepwater tradeoff was always - you get a limited target selection, but the torps are really stealthy. After the module starts being used in large numbers, as I have no doubt it will be, all you will get is a limited target selection with no up side. I really don't think it's worth it.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
7,068 posts

Agreed, likely its more sensible to go for french and paneuro lines at this time, and maybe the 8km shima fish as their speed makes them nearly impossible to dodge even when you see them

• Cool 3

Players
2,081 posts
16,277 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Agreed, likely its more sensible to go for french and paneuro lines at this time, and maybe the 8km shima fish as their speed makes them nearly impossible to dodge even when you see them

Shima will remain just as popular as it was before, if not more - it will be least affected by that module (torp stealth is trash to begin with, so it only really feels it if the target is packing vigilance on top of that module).

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
7,068 posts

I mean I get its not exactly Ogni clone with Hydro and DWT in purest sense, but it is one more or less, which in itself isnt so bad as I always kinda liked Ogni, I get that torps might end up "challenged" and thats something that will hit us all soon and will have to be dealt with globally at some point, what bugs me is "added value" of the ship, I mean - any kind of competitive play (place for a team oriented dd) seems to only run on T10 these days, in randoms - why gimp yourself bringing a T8 when you can get a T9/10 DD as you will have most of your matches in 8-10 bracket... I saw the (p)review Flamu made and am sure its a decent enough of a boat, but is it worth the cost?

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
733 posts
12,732 battles

Well it depends on many things but SillyBote I may buy just because of the name (and I already have to many DD's).

But I am not spending any more money on WG this month, so we will see.

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
10,057 battles
1 hour ago, Jethro_Grey said:

The collector in me screams "gib", but the upcoming nerf to DDs in General and WGs Profit making Policy say "nope".  

Still, would like to have the CNY capatins tho.

This.

Exhausted by the pace and frequency of premiums, and these seem bad (Silly might be ok).

Pass.

• Cool 3

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,223 battles
2 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Not me. I'm still wondering WTF a Pan-Asian nation is doing in this game.