Sign in to follow this  
PsychoClownfish

Not detected, still targeted. How?

9 comments in this topic

Players
32 posts

hmm is delay client-server no register corect and never never seen if you are detec for one good reason the server hava issue and wg never tell you ...

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,763 battles

Or people just blindfire you, while you move predictive/in a straight line. Easy to keep hitting, even while being 'dark'.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,155 posts
14,639 battles
4 hours ago, PsychoClownfish said:

What am I missing when I am not detected or located (at least so the game says) but I am still being accurately targeted. How is that possible?

There are a couple of common possibilities:

• Long shell flight times: something at range can fire at you while you're spotted and the shells not arrive until after you went dark again.
  • Blind fire: sometimes players will lob shells into an area where they think you are (especially just after you went dark); sometimes they get lucky/guess correctly.
  • Shooting at tracers: similar to blind fire, only you're aiming at the source of gunfire when a target is firing (most often if someone is in smoke).

Also, don't forget dispersion etc. a BB, say, can fire into an area blind and the sheer random nature of at least some of their rounds may well hit you square on the head!

Players
130 posts
7,096 battles

Thx for all the answers, unfortunately they don't solve the prolem. Here's what's happened to me at least twice. I am in a fast cruiser (Helena, Mogami, Myoko), I get focused, I turn and disengage. I break detection, but still get accurately targeted, and yes I keep swerving and turning. It's the same effect as being kept spotted by a DD, except then you KNOW you're being kept tracked. Sometimes it takes as many as 5 salvos before I am finally clear, like only then am I really no longer detected.

[CATS]
Players
28,167 posts
14,910 battles
1 hour ago, PsychoClownfish said:

Thx for all the answers, unfortunately they don't solve the prolem. Here's what's happened to me at least twice. I am in a fast cruiser (Helena, Mogami, Myoko), I get focused, I turn and disengage. I break detection, but still get accurately targeted, and yes I keep swerving and turning. It's the same effect as being kept spotted by a DD, except then you KNOW you're being kept tracked. Sometimes it takes as many as 5 salvos before I am finally clear, like only then am I really no longer detected.

Measure the time that passes.

Aimed salvos can hit you around 16s after you went dark. Add another 2s for someone trying to get lucky.

[AAO]
Players
1,596 posts
21,235 battles

Would you mind posting the replay ?

This would make it much easier to figure out what happens rather than having to just guess.

Players
130 posts
7,096 battles
On 1/24/2020 at 7:59 PM, rnat said:

Would you mind posting the replay ?

This would make it much easier to figure out what happens rather than having to just guess.

Next time it happens I will do that.

Sign in to follow this