Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OldschoolGaming_YouTube

Any news on when we can expect the Benham?

42 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
1,968 posts
11,983 battles

@MrConway @Crysantos @WG_Lumberjack

 

Is there any news on when we can expect to see the Benham for sale ingame? Its been half a year since the event and considering all the threads, me and many with me are quite pissed of that you choosed to put the event for this ship in the summer holiday period which pretty much ment that you had to scrap your holiday with your family to be able to grind this ship. I have been a DD main from CBT and Shima was my first T10 I grinded so I was as same as many others really looking forward to this ship. But since I have a familly and we had a holiday abroad planned I really didnt have a chance. 

 

It would also be usefull to know what kind of way/currency you are planning to make it available in? Right now many are just stockpiling everything to make sure they have it when it gets released and that must be counter effektive for you.

 

 

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles

It has been put in the rare ships pool during Christmas gambl... “sales”, so it probably won’t never be sold.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
246 posts
12,466 battles

I got it from the christmas boxes but for sale i don't think it will be sold for money. It was in the rare part of the box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
19,982 battles

I too would be interested in obtaining the Benham. I am prepared to wait as it does appear to be a very unique ship.

 

Like @OldschoolGaming_YouTubeI was on holiday with my family through the event period, failing to obtain even the Hill. As such I am interested in when the Benham becomes available again, having obtained the Hill at Christmas.

 

My interest in her is down to her uniqueness rather than any desire to complete anything.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
4,251 posts
17,751 battles

Never, I hope. It is a little OP (and the fact it's vulnerable to CVs is not an adequate offset). 

 

Another multi torp US DD would be great, but better balancing is needed. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,075 posts
16,264 battles

When they say "it will probably be available in the future by other means", 99% of the time that means christmas lootboxes. Since she's been placed in the "rare" category of the captain's log, it's almost certain she will always be a rare lootbox drop now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,663 posts
1 hour ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

It would also be usefull to know what kind of way/currency you are planning to make it available in?

imho steel should be the resource for all those "grind ships" like Benham, Hill, PR, ...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,114 posts
12,622 battles

It will be nerfed hard with the upcoming torpedo module 3 change though. 

Reload from 65s to 80s- still very fast but well. 

Thats a huge mistake imo, now gunships do get a buff in that slot while CVs and torp DDs dont :fish_palm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
733 posts
12,716 battles

As I do own one I have to admit I do not care if it will be available.

I am willing to support the claim that it should be available and that it should be nerfed.

I can promise WG I will not pickup the pitchfork or torch even if they decide to give it to everyone for free.

 

I do not think I can do more to support OP case.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,290 posts
19,967 battles

I support this, it would be my last purchase ever from this weird and obscure company. I've never seen a company decide to what I can or can not buy from them for my money. It's like they don't want it. That's what you can get when doing business with crack dealers when they are on crack themselves.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,347 posts
3,869 battles
1 hour ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

@MrConway @Crysantos @WG_Lumberjack

 

 Is there any news on when we can expect to see the Benham for sale ingame? Its been half a year since the event and considering all the threads, me and many with me are quite pissed of that you choosed to put the event for this ship in the summer holiday period which pretty much ment that you had to scrap your holiday with your family to be able to grind this ship. I have been a DD main from CBT and Shima was my first T10 I grinded so I was as same as many others really looking forward to this ship. But since I have a familly and we had a holiday abroad planned I really didnt have a chance. 

 

It would also be usefull to know what kind of way/currency you are planning to make it available in? Right now many are just stockpiling everything to make sure they have it when it gets released and that must be counter effektive for you.

  

 

 

There are no plans for a release for sale right now, but this may change in the future.

 

Unfortunately I don't have any other information to share right now.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
598 posts
3,444 battles

I got one after spending an inordinate amount of money playing roulette where the odds were firmly stacked in the houses favour! 

 

But I did get one.. 

 

 

Eventually..... 

 

Now they are Nerfing it ROFL.. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BATES]
Alpha Tester
3,077 posts
12,073 battles

Got it in a xmas container and it's become my favourite DD, although quite weak against rockets from even lower tier cv's, but it's a lovely lovely little ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,290 posts
19,967 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

 

There are no plans for a release for sale right now, but this may change in the future.

 

Unfortunately I don't have any other information to share right now.

Thank you for your answer. Not what I'd like to hear, but it's what I expected already when you answered last year. Lootbox or bust. Also, any word on the community's tinfoil hat about the Xmas lootboxes ship drop chanced being heavily skewed in favor of lower tier ships that aren't in a players collection over higher tier and rare ones? Or is that info casino-classified :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SV]
Players
1,098 posts
14,040 battles
3 hours ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

@MrConway @Crysantos @WG_Lumberjack

 

Is there any news on when we can expect to see the Benham for sale ingame? Its been half a year since the event and considering all the threads, me and many with me are quite pissed of that you choosed to put the event for this ship in the summer holiday period which pretty much ment that you had to scrap your holiday with your family to be able to grind this ship. I have been a DD main from CBT and Shima was my first T10 I grinded so I was as same as many others really looking forward to this ship. But since I have a familly and we had a holiday abroad planned I really didnt have a chance. 

 

It would also be usefull to know what kind of way/currency you are planning to make it available in? Right now many are just stockpiling everything to make sure they have it when it gets released and that must be counter effektive for you.

 

 

ner cause its only mine and never yours :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BATES]
Alpha Tester
3,077 posts
12,073 battles
2 hours ago, GraySlayer said:

Now they are Nerfing it ROFL.. 

Are they nerfing it directly or as part of wider changes? - I'm a little out of the loop in terms of development changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,301 posts
19,600 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

Unfortunately I don't have any other information to share right now.

If I could bother you to give me different information :Smile_child:... How to get that Scharnhorst badge ingame? :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,075 posts
16,264 battles
8 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

Are they nerfing it directly or as part of wider changes? - I'm a little out of the loop in terms of deelopment changes.

 

Indirectly - they are introducing a Potato Protection System module...

 

sorry. 

 

Torpedo Protection System. I get the names mixed up. What it does is, if you have it equipped, is that it overrides your torp stealth to a fixed value of 1.8km (and stacks with vigilance). So, the stealthier torps your boat has, the harder it gets nerfed.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OMPG]
Beta Tester
378 posts
6,685 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Newman said:

 

Indirectly - they are introducing a Potato Protection System module...

 

sorry. 

 

Torpedo Protection System. I get the names mixed up. What it does is, if you have it equipped, is that it overrides your torp stealth to a fixed value of 1.8km (and stacks with vigilance). So, the stealthier torps your boat has, the harder it gets nerfed.

This game is getting dumber by the minute. Please name one good thing WG has done to this game in a year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,301 posts
19,600 battles
2 minutes ago, TohtoriP said:

Please name one good thing WG has done to this game in a year?

When they go on vacation, nothing is being done for at least a week. That's a good thing, right? :cap_hmm:

  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×