You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Horin728

Official WG guide seems ever so slightly off

20 comments in this topic

Players
545 posts
6,522 battles

So I recently got a friend to try out WoWs and showed him the official guide on eu website and oh boy was I suprised.

Take a look at the CV parts of the official guides, I have to admit I had a really good laugh and then felt sorry that the RTS is gone... 

WG actually thinking players are capable of controlling multiple things at once? Oh no no no we can't have that, players are too stupid to do that, aren't they.

image.png.d845f88983b2fbc3943ec296aa200591.png

Or that fighters are an useful tool for scouting... Well try that ingame I dare you... And TBs as major damage dealers? A Midway aerial torp that does less damage than yammy overpen would like a word with you. 

image.thumb.png.3f4af57d5ab620e81d90f2d316a81713.png

But hey, since WG is teaching new players how to play RTS, it must mean that is coming back, eh? Surely? Hopefully? :Smile_trollface:

Mentioned parts can be found here:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/guides/crash_course/battle_hud/

and 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/guides/crash_course/controls/

Basically shows that even a year after the "glorious CV rework" (that IMO effed up CVs horribly) WG has not updated the new player expirience and made it even more confusing  for newcomers.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
19,982 battles
10 minutes ago, Horin728 said:

WG has not updated the new player expirience 

This is a pity.

Regardless of what we as individuals think or feel about the carrier rework, the material for new players and people who are trying to get to know the game better so that they can play better need up-to-date, accurate and helpful information.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
545 posts
6,522 battles
22 minutes ago, MagicMooby said:

If you think that's bad just watch the ingame tutorial videos

Are they anywhere online? I'd love to have all of this in one place/topic ;) 

[WG]
WG Staff
4,595 posts
4,410 battles
Před 3 hodinami Horin728 řekl/a:

So I recently got a friend to try out WoWs and showed him the official guide on eu website and oh boy was I suprised.

Take a look at the CV parts of the official guides, I have to admit I had a really good laugh and then felt sorry that the RTS is gone... 

WG actually thinking players are capable of controlling multiple things at once? Oh no no no we can't have that, players are too stupid to do that, aren't they.

image.png.d845f88983b2fbc3943ec296aa200591.png

Or that fighters are an useful tool for scouting... Well try that ingame I dare you... And TBs as major damage dealers? A Midway aerial torp that does less damage than yammy overpen would like a word with you. 

image.thumb.png.3f4af57d5ab620e81d90f2d316a81713.png

But hey, since WG is teaching new players how to play RTS, it must mean that is coming back, eh? Surely? Hopefully? :Smile_trollface:

Mentioned parts can be found here:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/guides/crash_course/battle_hud/

and 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/guides/crash_course/controls/

Basically shows that even a year after the "glorious CV rework" (that IMO effed up CVs horribly) WG has not updated the new player expirience and made it even more confusing  for newcomers.

Hello. That is not good, to be honest. I remember I saw plans for updating this and maybe for rework of this entire "training" part of our portal. Apparently it was postponed and maybe forgotten. 

I poked our Content guys to take a look on that. 

Sorry for those outdated guides.

• Cool 10

Players
372 posts
5,801 battles
37 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Hello. That is not good, to be honest. I remember I saw plans for updating this and maybe for rework of this entire "training" part of our portal. Apparently it was postponed and maybe forgotten. 

I poked our Content guys to take a look on that. 

Sorry for those outdated guides.

Should be given priority, or removed and linked to guides on YouTube. 

it’s been near on a year.

an entire YEAR.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
41 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Apparently it was postponed and maybe forgotten. 

Ah yes, churning out lootboxes and abusive "events" are more important. It was silly of us to forget that. Excuse us for that.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
2,066 posts
16,151 battles

Y'know, WG, if you find it simpler to just revert to the pre-rework scheme to save yourselves some work on updating these guides, I'd be ok with that...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,412 posts
20,468 battles

Meh, if you take a look on the "known issues" support page there are still bugs listed from RTS as well.

Players
3,280 posts
19,937 battles
29 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Ah yes, churning out lootboxes and abusive "events" are more important. It was silly of us to forget that. Excuse us for that.

giphy.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[UKMD]
Players
139 posts
3,306 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Horin728 sagte:

Are they anywhere online? I'd love to have all of this in one place/topic ;) 

I checked the youtube channel but couldn't find them, they are basically just a terrible (and terribly outdated) version of WG "How to" series on youtube

just checked them in game, the videos are called "Naval Academy" so you might be able to find them under that name

[ARYA]
Players
619 posts
16,150 battles
5 hours ago, Cambera_1 said:

This is a pity.

Regardless of what we as individuals think or feel about the carrier rework, the material for new players and people who are trying to get to know the game better so that they can play better need up-to-date, accurate and helpful information.

WeeGee is busy making new ships to farm money from current players.They don't have time for new comers

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
19,982 battles
2 minutes ago, Atorpad said:

They don't have time for new comers

If they don't then the game will die...

It might take a while but it will...

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,827 posts
17,662 battles
2 hours ago, MrFingers said:

[insertgenericanswer]"The guys who are doing dem tutorials are other guys than those doing the events..."[/insertgenericanswer]

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
142 posts

I just jump in, sorry... so what could be a good guide (on youtube or elsewhere) to learn playing CVs?

I am not a CV player (either now or before reee-work), but I got Ark Royal in some container and could use her in Operations.

Thanks

[ARYA]
Players
619 posts
16,150 battles
4 hours ago, Cambera_1 said:

If they don't then the game will die...

It might take a while but it will...

It will die eventually they know it. All they are trying to do is to suck more money out of it 

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff
4,595 posts
4,410 battles
Před 32 minutami Horin728 řekl/a:

@YabbaCoe Did you get any info? ;) 

Thanks

Not yet. It was acknowledged, but any changes with this requires plenty work, maybe even rework of entire "Training" part of the portal. And this takes a lot of time.

So I didn't receive any exact information about that. That is why I can promise you anything now. We will see in the future.

But again, thank you for pointing this out.