Sign in to follow this  
oosel

please give me a reason to play worcestor

15 comments in this topic

[VH]
Players
174 posts
16,925 battles

why play this ship over mino or Smolensk every game im just hammered as soon as im detected and then moaned at for always seeking island cover in it because its made of paper...……..its super squishy and doesn't actually do that much in terms of raw dpm

• Funny 1

[CKBK]
Players
298 posts
12,922 battles

It gets 32mm pen with ifhe, lower citadel than des moines, 3rd best fires per min of all cruisers on t10, huge he dpm. It has great utility. Its not a ship for everyone. 

• Cool 3

[CKBK]
Players
298 posts
12,922 battles

It gets 32mm pen with ifhe, lower citadel than des moines, 3rd best fires per min of all cruisers on t10, huge he dpm. It has great utility. Its not a ship for everyone. 

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,175 posts
9,431 battles

Low detection, radar, hydro, great DPM, can island hug, good enough in open waters and a trollish citadel.

It's one of the best teamplayers in the game and can easily defend or contest caps. Juat don't rush ahead and you will be fine.

[-VB-]
Players
1,576 posts
16,497 battles

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20200118/eu_week/average_ship.html

Am 23.1.2020 um 17:49, oosel sagte:

why play this ship over mino or Smolensk

You are not alone, i dont like the Worcester too as many others. Mino, DesMoines, Smolensk are the choices of the community. Worcester only 7500x played, Smolensk 44000x:cap_cool:

[N0RSE]
Players
195 posts
15,346 battles

Worcester is a swiss army knife, so many tools available 😁 It's more a ship the team can rely on, compared to Smolensk that is basically just a dmg dealer. 

• Cool 1

[VH]
Players
174 posts
16,925 battles

I think that's my issue ive been mostly salem and shima/gearing so im used to being up front where as this ship just get deleted if you even think about being at the front yet im getting moaned at for hiding behind islands when I do hang back

[N0RSE]
Players
195 posts
15,346 battles
2 hours ago, oosel said:

I think that's my issue ive been mostly salem and shima/gearing so im used to being up front where as this ship just get deleted if you even think about being at the front yet im getting moaned at for hiding behind islands when I do hang back

Get close to a cap, sit behind island and support your dd with radar and firing over island. When you know what you are up against, you can consider rushing in to help capping. But don't do it if a t10 BB will be able firing at you

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
On 1/23/2020 at 6:35 PM, Sargento_YO said:

because it's the cruiser with the best AA?

LOL, cruiser AA.

What is this? 2018? A CV that struggles against Smolensk basically has a hard time dealing with most T10 cruisers. CVs that just slingshot drop you deny this negligible advantage outright. Worcester is no better off than a Yoshino that has the range to just use fighter plane.

Players
1,423 posts
8,749 battles
10 hours ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

LOL, cruiser AA.

What is this? 2018? A CV that struggles against Smolensk basically has a hard time dealing with most T10 cruisers. CVs that just slingshot drop you deny this negligible advantage outright. Worcester is no better off than a Yoshino that has the range to just use fighter plane.

in the RTS mode Worchester could build up to 3000 damage per second of AA, that frigging thing maked me quit playing tier X cvs making huge no fly zones around it. I'm assuming nowadays it's more or less the same (like Atlanta, I shred alot of planes with that thing)

• Funny 1

[AMOK]
Players
1,965 posts
8,654 battles

In addition to mentioned obvious strenghts of Wooster: (not speaking about Smolensk as its filthy to play this biased pile of sh*t and i heared its boring :) its a decission between AP and HE, between not so team dependend and all for the team, between sustainable ap damage with the risk of bounces and repairable he damage which forces use of damacon permanently but has the chance of dot addition. Both are very high risk and high reward ships and it depends on your personal playstyle. Both have a high skill ceiling imho.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
3 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

in the RTS mode Worchester could build up to 3000 damage per second of AA, that frigging thing maked me quit playing tier X cvs making huge no fly zones around it. I'm assuming nowadays it's more or less the same (like Atlanta, I shred alot of planes with that thing)

AA is impotent af, with mostly just unskilled people losing their planes to it. CV captains that know what they are doing can just bomb you through all your AA. So, yeah, if you still play Worcester for AA, then you are just playing for an illusion that is at best being upheld by a bunch of morons suiciding planes on your flak clouds. But those same people would kill themselves just the same if you were any other T10 cruiser.

Atlanta is same. Bad players die to it. Good players rocket you down, dodging your flak and laughing at the crap dps values and the silly amount of damage you do when considering the garbage hp pool of the Atlanta.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,126 posts
9,500 battles

In terms of game impact, imo only Radar Mino is better, but most people wont attempt to do it.

1. Radar Mino

2. Wooster

3. SMoke Mino/Smolensk

Sign in to follow this