You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
albin322

soyuz............................

25 comments in this topic

[SV]
Players
1,098 posts
14,066 battles

im a decent bb player in this game and i know how to angle and how to make a ship work. exept 1 the soyuz how the hell do you play this ship i get more overpens in it then roma................. any sugestions ? 

[KTS]
Alpha Tester
1,004 posts
11,785 battles

it's the most broken bbs ati tier 9 bar the musashi ( and the contest is close) when well-angled you are a wall to almost anything but a cv or a Musashi/Yamato.

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,766 battles

Just aim and Russian bias will help you :Smile_trollface: It's a great ship. For me personal it's the highest winrate and highest avg damage/frags T9 BB i have.

• Cool 2

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,631 posts
13,495 battles

I just regrinded the russian BBs.

Soyuz will never be to my liking cause the trollish guns, but you can make them work at short to medium range (less than 12km, preferably closer)

She can work perfectly as an enabler. You rush towards some position, that will create an angle comparative to where your bbs usually go. You have broken armour, so it will take ages to dislodge you.

It is in essence of course also a terrible weakness of the ship: cause almost everyone these days is a mongrel, most bbs will not take advantage of the crossfire you enable, and just follow you like the sheep they are, or just run away alltogether, etc etc. That's why in the end I freexpd about half of the remaining grind.

[RAIN]
Community Contributor
1,218 posts
16,633 battles
16 minutes ago, Flavio1997 said:

it's the most broken bbs ati tier 9 bar the musashi ( and the contest is close) when well-angled you are a wall to almost anything but a cv or a Musashi/Yamato.

Since when :cap_hmm: ?

From my point of view, it's just the worst TIX BB.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,631 posts
13,495 battles
4 minutes ago, malimoo said:

Since when :cap_hmm: ?

From my point of view, it's just the worst TIX BB.

Would you say Freddy is much better in the current meta? I'd say the triplet freddy-lion-soyuz are all equally valid candidates for the worst t9 title (depending on one's preferences of course)

[RAIN]
Community Contributor
1,218 posts
16,633 battles
1 minute ago, Saiyko said:

Would you say Freddy is much better in the current meta? I'd say the triplet freddy-lion-soyuz are all equally valid candidates for the worst t9 title (depending on one's preferences of course)

Tbh , yeah.

I have no issue with fdg and lion

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,631 posts
13,495 battles
3 minutes ago, malimoo said:

Tbh , yeah.

I have no issue with fdg and lion

While it's been a while, I remember all their guns - especially Lion- as being extremely trollish. Soyuz guns at least became consistent closer range (I remember a Lion game where all shells just went everywhere at 6km or so) and she has her idiot armour going for her.

Maybe I'll reconsider if I take one of these lines as next regrind. Also, at the moment tier nine bbs shouldn't complain too much, given the broken tier nine matchmaking.

Players
3,531 posts
14,236 battles

Find corner of island. Set up fire pit. Unpack tent. Open vodka bottle. Laugh at all who try push you from this corner. Shout "remember Stalingrad!!" at opponents. Win game.

Simples. 

• Cool 6
  • Funny 7

[JRM]
Players
7,058 posts

Well I guess BBs come in 2 basic flavors - tankers and flankers, soyuz being member of the former its credo is exactly what Bear wrote...

Also since the 2 types are basically opposite in most aspects of play people liking one of those will most certainly hate the other moiety...

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
983 posts
21,819 battles

Only have Vladivostok. If I like this ship, will I like Soyuz? I mean is the tier 9 110% or so of the t8?

[SV]
Players
1,098 posts
14,066 battles
1 hour ago, Jvd2000 said:

Only have Vladivostok. If I like this ship, will I like Soyuz? I mean is the tier 9 110% or so of the t8?

bo you wont i love the vladivostok and make easy 100k plus dmg evry game dont matter if its against tier 10s. but with souyz i have difficulty just getting above 60-70 per game :(

[YEBOI]
Players
292 posts
8,621 battles
12 hours ago, albin322 said:

im a decent bb player in this game and i know how to angle and how to make a ship work. exept 1 the soyuz how the hell do you play this ship i get more overpens in it then roma................. any sugestions ? 

Overpens for days. That was my Soyuz grind in a nutshell.

Also the guns are trollish as hell. Sometimes you get God-tier dispersion, sometimes you straddle a GK at medium range. Sometimes you ricochet off a nose in Minotaur. Sometimes you citadel a Zao through the a$$. 

[SV]
Players
1,098 posts
14,066 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Newman said:

I remember having a pretty good time in the Soyuz. What are your typical engagement ranges? You want to be at mid range most of the time.

yea midrange, i mean i loved the vladivostok so around 17 km is just fine !

[ADRIA]
Players
277 posts
10,043 battles
1 minute ago, albin322 said:

yea midrange, i mean i loved the vladivostok so around 17 km is just fine !

17 km is not midrange.

• Bad 1

[SV]
Players
1,098 posts
14,066 battles
3 minutes ago, Gebe_ said:

17 km is not midrange.

ah sorry i mean anything from 13-17 is my ideal engagement ranges! 

• Cool 1

Players
2,080 posts
16,264 battles

Ru BB's get that magical dispersion below 12km, though I'd say she works fine up to 14. Beyond that you need some luck or it's the bounce-shatter-overpen minigame.

[SV]
Players
1,098 posts
14,066 battles
12 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

Ru BB's get that magical dispersion below 12km, though I'd say she works fine up to 14. Beyond that you need some luck or it's the bounce-shatter-overpen minigame.

not really the acuracy who is bothering me its the overpenn galore ! 

Players
2,080 posts
16,264 battles
1 minute ago, albin322 said:

not really the acuracy who is bothering me its the overpenn galore ! 

Which is tied to accuracy, vertical dispersion in particular. You hit higher than you intended and it's overpen city. There's a reason why Roma is such an overpen simulator - it has very fast shells which leads to really bad vertical dispersion. This directly results in more overpens.

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,766 battles
8 hours ago, novents said:

Sometimes you ricochet off a nose in Minotaur.

That's pretty hard to believe. Don't you overmatch it?

[UKMD]
Players
139 posts
3,307 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, TheBrut3 sagte:

Definitely

the only places on a Minotaur that can bounce 406 are the turrets and the citadel armor belt, even the conning tower only has 25mm

[SHAFT]
Players
11,116 posts
9,497 battles
43 minutes ago, TheBrut3 said:

9 hours ago, novents said:

Overpens for days. That was my Soyuz grind in a nutshell.

Also the guns are trollish as hell. Sometimes you get God-tier dispersion, sometimes you straddle a GK at medium range. Sometimes you ricochet off a nose in Minotaur. Sometimes you citadel a Zao through the a$$. 

I dont think its impossible to hit the citadel belt even if the Mino is showing close to full bow.

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,766 battles
19 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I dont think its impossible to hit the citadel belt even if the Mino is showing close to full bow.

True. But that's not the nose, that's the side.