Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sehales

ST, Patrol Fighters consumable, Loop and Bering Sea maps

65 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
6,227 posts
2,049 battles

There will be a closed test session for aircraft carriers in the Clan Battles format.

The 'Patrol Fighters' consumable available to carrier-based plane squadrons will have the following changes applied to it:

  • Spotting range lowered from 20 to 5 km;
  • Time until the fighters begin chasing an enemy plane squadron reduced from 5 to 1 second;
  • Action radius increased from 3.5 to 6 km;
  • Time for fighters to appear after the consumable is activated increased from 6 to 15 seconds;
  • Fighters' detectability range was increased from 7.5 to 12 km;
  • Action time of the consumable was increased from 60 to 90 s;
  • The consumable's number of charges was increased from 3 to 6.

 

These settings will create a more intense interaction between aircraft carriers of opposing teams and will improve the cooperation between the aircraft carrier and its allied ships. Also the Patrol Fighters' ability to perform reconnaissance will be lowered due to a reduced spotting range. 

Testing will let us collect the necessary data to evaluate and determine our next steps. 

 

Besides that, the maps Bering Sea and Loop have been updated after the last test and will be tested again.

 

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

  • Cool 6
  • Bad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,417 posts
20,468 battles

This is the biggest nerf to CV fighters imaginable.

Even more proof that you have no idea what you're doing when it comes to CVs.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,682 posts
14,147 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

This is the biggest nerf to CV fighters imaginable.

Even more proof that you have no idea what you're doing when it comes to CVs.

You should elaborate further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,417 posts
20,468 battles
10 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

You should elaborate further.

 

By increasing the range you're also increasing the patrol radius beyond friendly AA.

By cutting down the aggro time it makes it incredibly easy to just cancel out enemy fighters with your own even if they happen to be above friendly AA.

The long spawning time makes them useless at reacting to an enemy strike.

 

In short? Fighters are even more useless now when it comes to air interception. The spotting nerf also makes them more useless at spotting. Might as well remove them altogether at this point.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
3,386 posts
15,483 battles
8 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

By increasing the range you're also increasing the patrol radius beyond friendly AA.

By cutting down the aggro time it makes it incredibly easy to just cancel out enemy fighters with your own even if they happen to be above friendly AA.

 

In short? Fighters are even more useless now when it comes to air interception. The spotting nerf also makes them more useless at spotting. Might as well remove them altogether at this point.

 

 

Yes.

Fighters would actually need to be more resistant to AA and they would need to ignore enemy fighters, to be useful for air interception at all.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

By increasing the range you're also increasing the patrol radius beyond friendly AA.

By cutting down the aggro time it makes it incredibly easy to just cancel out enemy fighters with your own even if they happen to be above friendly AA.

 

In short? Fighters are even more useless now when it comes to air interception. The spotting nerf also makes them more useless at spotting. Might as well remove them altogether at this point.

Do you have any ideas what a good change to the fighter consumable would look like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,417 posts
20,468 battles
1 minute ago, loppantorkel said:

Do you have any ideas what a good change to the fighter consumable would look like?

 

Removing them?

Yes, I'm entirely serious.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Removing them?

Yes, I'm entirely serious.

That would remove a problem but I suspect that WG doesn't want to remove all but the damage dealing element of cvs. They seem pretty one dimensional as it is now. Fighters or whatever a replacement would be, is an attempt to at least give an option to cooperate with the team. There aren't that many interactions besides spotting, else.

 

I wouldn't mind seeing cvs in a better place in the game, but I really can't give suggestions regarding this class or counters to it. I know too little of it and just don't like it in the current form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CKBK]
Beta Tester
12 posts
17,954 battles

This is just WG desperatly trying to get CV's into clan battles, so they can ruin that game mode as well.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,417 posts
20,468 battles
6 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

That would remove a problem but I suspect that WG doesn't want to remove all but the damage dealing element of cvs. They seem pretty one dimensional as it is now.

 

I mean, that was kinda the point of the rework, no?

Fighters provide CVs with even better spotting capabilities as well as the ability to potentially cheese the catapult fighter of surface ships. By removing them CV spotting would be dialed way back while providing a small buff to air defense. Their ability to provide air denial won't be missed because they were completely useless at it anyway.

 

Thus removing CV fighters would objectively improve the rework by a tiny bit.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ST-EU]
Players
156 posts
4,653 battles

Let me fix that for you:

 

ST, removal of CVs from the game. 

 

This would be a change supported by everybody.

  • Cool 7
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,682 posts
14,147 battles

The changes are clearly intended to emphasise their use for defense at the cost of their ability to spot.

 

The 15 second delay between activating the consumable and the fighters arriving to attack, even with the 1s reaction time change, seems mostly counterproductive in making them more effective anti-air.

 

They should probably take this train of thought and take it a step further, entirely remove the patrol fighters ability to spot surface ships and make them even more responsive at providing air cover. With the larger area and the longer duration and additional charges CVs would have a lot more potential to actually protect their team from the enemy CV. But does that lead us towards an issue we had with the older CV meta where a teams best defense against the enemy CV was their own CV?

 

Also, remove the aircraft "sixth sense", its a very powerful location tool that can be used to triangulate enemy ship location, I don't know why aircraft still have this. Like, just do this regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
2 hours ago, Sehales said:

There will be a closed test session for aircraft carriers in the Clan Battles format.

The 'Patrol Fighters' consumable available to carrier-based plane squadrons will have the following changes applied to it:

  • Spotting range lowered from 20 to 5 km;
  • Time until the fighters begin chasing an enemy plane squadron reduced from 5 to 1 second;
  • Action radius increased from 3.5 to 6 km;
  • Time for fighters to appear after the consumable is activated increased from 6 to 15 seconds;
  • Fighters' detectability range was increased from 7.5 to 12 km;
  • Action time of the consumable was increased from 60 to 90 s;
  • The consumable's number of charges was increased from 3 to 6.

 

These settings will create a more intense interaction between aircraft carriers of opposing teams and will improve the cooperation between the aircraft carrier and its allied ships. Also the Patrol Fighters' ability to perform reconnaissance will be lowered due to a reduced spotting range. 

 

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

Why just clan battles? Apply it for randoms and co-op as well. :cap_win:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,192 posts
11,985 battles
1 hour ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

The 15 second delay between activating the consumable and the fighters arriving to attack, even with the 1s reaction time change, seems mostly counterproductive in making them more effective anti-air.

If you set deployment time to 1s and reaction time to 1s, it will turn CV to CV interaction into "quickest fingers at the West", who can press T faster.

 

Also it makes Enterprise with tier 12 Combat Air Patrol even more balans.

1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Removing them?

Yes, I'm entirely serious.

-remove strike squadron 3d spotting (minimap only)

-remove fighters

-add "spotter plane" as dedicated spotting utensil with global cooldown, so you can't quite spam it like with CAP?

 

Spotter plane could have twofold effect - give forward spotting and improve accuracy/range for friendlies when they are less than x km from it, giving actual "support" feature. On flip side, I can already see "noob cv y u no gib mi spotter":Smile_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,407 posts
10,983 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

This is the biggest nerf to CV fighters imaginable.

Even more proof that you have no idea what you're doing when it comes to CVs.

Um, they are nerfed as spotter and heavily buffed as defensive tool, or do I miss something?

 

Action raidus 6km means they cover a diamenter of 12 km? THat's huge and with 1s reaction time, they will almost instantly approach the enemy aircrafts. I'm not sure how that shall work, just start a squad, place them on one side, than another squad, and place them on the other side, they are constantly covered with fighters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,192 posts
11,985 battles
1 minute ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Um, they are nerfed as spotter and heavily buffed as defensive tool, or do I miss something?

 

Action raidus 6km means they cover a diamenter of 12 km? THat's huge and with 1s reaction time, they will almost instantly approach the enemy aircrafts. I'm not sure how that shall work, just start a squad, place them on one side, than another squad, and place them on the other side, they are constantly covered with fighters

You can drop your own fighters, wait 15s, bait enemy fighters towards your own, come back for what was supposed to be under fighter protection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,407 posts
10,983 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

You can drop your own fighters, wait 15s, bait enemy fighters towards your own, come back for what was supposed to be under fighter protection

That would work, though it costs time and at the end nothing is won beside a trade of fighter vs fighter. That would always give the enemy CV a 15s time advantage, if you always have to drop fighters. Do that 6 times and you have a 90s time disadvantage

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,192 posts
11,985 battles
Just now, Pikkozoikum said:

That would work, though it costs time and at the end nothing is won beside a trade of fighter vs fighter. That would always give the enemy CV a 15s time advantage, if you always have to drop fighters. Do that 6 times and you have a 90s time disadvantage

 

Assuming you simply don't go and slap someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,417 posts
20,468 battles
9 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Um, they are nerfed as spotter and heavily buffed as defensive tool, or do I miss something?

 

Fighters can aggro other fighters even while the other fighter isn't active yet.

They also now have higher range = less AA exposure.

 

Aka they're completely useless for air interception now since you can always just despawn them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,407 posts
10,983 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

Assuming you simply don't go and slap someone else.

then you lose time for approaching and turning to another flank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,407 posts
10,983 battles
23 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Fighters can aggro other fighters even while the other fighter isn't active yet.

You have to fly into the circle for that? 1s in the circle -> Fighters attack squad, while other fighters take 15s until they start approach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,417 posts
20,468 battles
20 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

You have to fly into the circle for that?

 

No you don't. The faster aggro time more than compensates the lack of overlap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×