Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Vivi_Ornitier

Will steel ships be always avaible?

38 comments in this topic

Players
144 posts
3,059 battles

Over the last months I didn't really care about accumulating steel, and I actually used around 10k to get both Georgia and Salem. Wasn't really interested in the steel ships.

But now I'm thinking... will they be removed anytime? They all have been around for quite a while. 

I wouldn't like to lose the chance of buying stalingrad since it's extremely useful for CB and rankeds. So, has wg ever stated if steel ships are permanent or not? 

[JRM]
Players
7,088 posts

Doubtfoull TBH as the freexp/coal ships have been replaced as well in the past so its safe to assume steel onrs will as well, how long they will keep them around however is only known to WG

• Cool 1

Players
144 posts
3,059 battles
26 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Doubtfoull TBH as the freexp/coal ships have been replaced as well in the past so its safe to assume steel onrs will as well, how long they will keep them around however is only known to WG

And how many months does WG give to buy a ship once they announce it´ll be removed? Like musashi for example. Anyways I think I´ll start saving some steel.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Always .

Given the atrocious trackrecord of WG coming back on previous promises and "lines we would never cross": one does just not know. They could be here eternally, they could be removed in 3 months time.

• Cool 4

[JRM]
Players
7,088 posts
7 minutes ago, roco4 said:

And how many months does WG give to buy a ship once they announce it´ll be removed? Like musashi for example. Anyways I think I´ll start saving some steel.

Honestly IDR how much notice they gave for individual reward ships that were removed, i think it was something in the line of 6 or so months for Missouri and 3-4 for the Musashi and Kronstat, however some doubloon/premium shop premiums went away over night...

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
11,166 posts
9,530 battles

Currently i see no reason for WG to remove them. Steel ships cant be obtained from XMas crates or SCs.

But by removing FreXP/Coal ships, you can move them into XMas crates and monetize them. Also there is a difference between Missouri/Musashi/Kronshtadt. Those were never for sale for money. While all of the newer T9 FreeXP/Coal ships can just be bought (Alaska, Friesland, Azuma, JB, Georgia).

Maybe time of removing them is over?

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
Just now, DFens_666 said:

SCs

They can (via a detour), since there are supercontainers that drop 1500 steel.

[JRM]
Players
7,088 posts
5 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

They can (via a detour), since there are supercontainers that drop 1500 steel.

Ahh yes, the interesting thing is - I dont know anyone that got one of those for ages, last one I got was last Christmas (2018)

[SHAFT]
Players
11,166 posts
9,530 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Ahh yes, the interesting thing is I don know anyone that got one of those for ages, las one I git was last Christmas (2018)

Had one on 20th febuary last year. Not sure if that was the first or 2nd (got 2x steel so far).

But i think there has been some changes in Container drops anyway.

Port slots got mostly removed as it seems. But at one point last year, i got one from a failed TYL. Captain slots have been removed completely? Didnt get any in years id say.

Also couple of days ago, i got credits from a failed TYL, i couldnt recall that ever happening.

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles

I don't think they will remove any of the tier X reward ships, because there is always the option to nerf them, if they overperform. The devs kept that door open very deliberately, by making it clear that these ships are not regular premiums, and there must be a reason for that.

I think the tier 9 coal and free XP ships are here to stay. Musashi was considered a bit OP, Missouri was bad for the in-game economy, so in the end, Kronshtadt is the only ship that was ever removed just because (and I also think she will be back in the armory at some point).

That leaves the sub tier X steel ships (Flint, Black, Neustrashimy), that enjoy full premium benefits and are immune to the nerf-hammer, but which are available on such a small scale, that I don't think it's worth the salt the devs would get for removing them.

Pure speculation of course, but personally, I think it's currently more likely to see some balancing of the tier X reward ships (perhaps Smolensk?), than an outright removal of any ship.

And even then, I think the steel ships will be touched last.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,166 posts
9,530 battles
1 minute ago, genosse said:

About the tier 9 coal and free XP ships, I am not so sure. Musashi was considered a bit OP, Missoury was bad for the in-game economy, so in the end that leaves the Kronshtadt as the only ship that was ever removed just because (and I also think she will be back in the armory at some point).

Probably always good to have atleast 1 hightiership of each class in the XMas crates which cant be obtained otherwise.

(Missour, Musashi, Benham, Kronshtadt, Enterprise)

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Probably always good to have atleast 1 hightiership of each class in the XMas crates which cant be obtained otherwise.

True, that might very well be the case. At the moment, I try to give the devs the benefit of the doubt, though.

I have to spit my poison in well adjusted amounts, or it stops being effective. ;) 

[JRM]
Players
7,088 posts

@genosse I seriously doubt they will ever nerf any of the T10 steel monsters selectively, oh they might do some "systemic change" such as it was done with burn duration or CE changes but they need people to want those things so they play the competitive mods and nerfing them randomly will hardly achieve that...

• Cool 1

Players
10,223 posts
12,008 battles

Missouri, Musashi, Kronshtadt were announced roughly three months in advance. Enterprise on other hand, was removed overnight from sale.

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles
10 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

@genosse I seriously doubt they will ever nerf any of the T10 steel monsters selectively, oh they might do some "systemic change" such as it was done with burn duration or CE changes but they need people to want those things so they play the competitive mods and nerfing them randomly will hardly achieve that...

Yeah, I think the steel boats are pretty much safe. I am thinking of the tier X coal ships, that are only a time investment, and don't require you to play a specific mode or to be actually good at the game.

In any case, the decision will probably not made lightly, and the scenario you described is much more realistic imho.

[HOO]
Players
1,976 posts
3,802 battles
48 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Ahh yes, the interesting thing is - I dont know anyone that got one of those for ages, last one I got was last Christmas (2018)

I got one about 6 mths ago. Must have used up all my luck though. It's been 100 flag bundles and a camo in the 3 or 4 I've earned since.

[JRM]
Players
7,088 posts
8 minutes ago, genosse said:

Yeah, I think the steel boats are pretty much safe. I am thinking of the tier X coal ships, that are only a time investment, and don't require you to play a specific mode or to be actually good at the game.

In any case, the decision will probably not made lightly, and the scenario you described is much more realistic imho.

In all honesty all that Smolensk needs to have done to her is to have the range module for slot 6 disabled (same as khaba, also same should be done for some other ships such as kleber and ijn gunboats) deck armor cut down to 25-27mm and extra smoke and heal charge given as compensation

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles
7 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

In all honesty all that Smolensk needs to have done to her is to have the range module for slot 6 disabled (same as khaba, also same should be done for some other ships such as kleber and ijn gunboats) deck armor cut down zo 25-27mm and extra smoke and heal charge given as compensation

I used to rage about Smolensk in the forums, but now that so many bad players are driving her, I don't see much of a problem with her, either. Only small adjustments are neccessary (if at all), like you said. It was a classic case of getting carried away after getting burned up one time too often - quite embarassing, really.

The moment I wrecked 2 Smolensk in the span of a minute in my Salem, I though to myself: "Oh well, guess the ship isn't so great after all."

And all was well again - my life returned to normal. ;)

• Cool 3

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,766 battles
56 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Got a steel SC last weekend.

And bought the Bourgogne with 53 steel left after :cat_cool:

• Cool 4

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles
1 minute ago, TheBrut3 said:

Got a steel SC last weekend.

Now I am envious. Saving up for Stalingrad (I don't have any steel ship at the moment), and I know that I have to endure at least one more ranked season to get her.

Suddenly, I feel so very tired ...

[HOO]
Players
1,976 posts
3,802 battles
31 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Indeed and just look at the number of 'new' Belfast's and Missouri's recorded over the festive period ....

• We warmly welcome the totally balanced 237 new Belfasts to the playerbase.

• No worries, though. There's only 214 new Missouris

Players
3,102 posts
17,564 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Got two steelcrates last anniversary plus another from a regular SC out of some 40 SCs total. Enough to let me buy a Somers:)

[SV]
Players
1,107 posts
14,156 battles

after this event i bough borgounge, with cupon so i still have 10k steel left already have stalingrad. now im waiting to se what resource yashima and småland ends upp to be, im swedish my mother comes from småland så that ship is a must! 

[SV]
Players
1,107 posts
14,156 battles
2 hours ago, roco4 said:

Over the last months I didn't really care about accumulating steel, and I actually used around 10k to get both Georgia and Salem. Wasn't really interested in the steel ships.

But now I'm thinking... will they be removed anytime? They all have been around for quite a while. 

I wouldn't like to lose the chance of buying stalingrad since it's extremely useful for CB and rankeds. So, has wg ever stated if steel ships are permanent or not? 

man seriously ? sorry thats so dumb coal is so easy to get but steel is a horrendus to acumelate. big mistake you did there your gonna regret it for sure! 

Sign in to follow this