YabbaCoe

0.9.1 PTS - Ranked Battles

6 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
4,662 posts
4,418 battles

Captains! :cap_rambo:

In the new Season, battles will be fought playing Tier X ships of all types, in a 7 vs. 7 format and utilizing the updated Arms Race mode.

Arms Race is a game mode in which special buff areas appear on the map. If you manage to enter an area and capture it before the enemy does, your entire team will receive a bonus to their combat characteristics until the end of the battle. When you capture another area with the same buff, its efficiency increases further.

At a certain point in time after the start of a battle, a Key Area will appear in the center of the map. Its diameter will shrink over time and the team that captures it will be able to quickly gain a point advantage and ultimately win.

We've reworked the bonuses that come with buffs. Now, they will also apply to carrier squadrons and provide:

• Increased ship speed and a faster rudder-shift time; reduced aircraft engine boost cooldown.
  • Continuous restoration of HP as a percentage of the maximum HP pool for ships and aircraft.
  • Faster reload time of the main battery and torpedo armament; faster aircraft restoration time on a carrier's deck.
  • Faster reload time of ship and squadron consumables.

WG_SPB_WoWs_Screenshots_Publictest_091_ArmRace_EN_1920x1080.jpg

[Z3NIT]
Players
701 posts

Don't know if arm race mechanics works for Ranked.

I played twice and in both no DDs, so just a land of death for cruisers...:Smile_trollface:

Players
144 posts
29,098 battles

Today I was playing with cruisers ... very difficult but I was having fun anyway.
Then they began to enter in the ranked battles, the aircraft carriers, and lo and behold, it became absurd and stressful to play! Zero strategy, only camping.
Continually spotted by planes and targeted by battleships that devastate cruisers at the first shot by shooting from the opposite side of the map.
With CVs it is impossible to approach to support DDs in the cap or launch areas.

In addition, the CVs planes are practically invulnerable even to heavy AA-built ships and as usual they become absurdly OP already from mid-game onwards, when the AA defenses were easily destroyed !!!
In addition to the planes, the aircraft carriers themselves are super resistant to cruisers, immune to AP and small caliber HE, and even from fires; with repair practically always available, doing fire damage is a pure utopia.

ex: I managed to make 15 fires at an aircraft carrier, but in the end I only got 5000 fire damage, ridiculous !!!
I would like to ask your warship "experts / consultants" if they ever tried to put out a fire on an aircraft carrier loaded with aviation gasoline, which ignited or exploded only if you looked at it badly? :Smile_trollface:

I continue to thank the WG for ruining the game with the stupid (and full arcade) CVs rework, in all modes!:Smile_sad:
Dear WG, this is my personal opinion, this is my feedback, (shared by many players). If you are interested then well, otherwise do as you have already done, ignore them!
But then do not cry if you continue to lose players and to monetize you are forced to invent "scam" events for the naive.
Sorry if I seem unpleasant, but knowing that with your arrogant and unpopular decisions you are trying in every way to make me hate the game I loved so much, it should make you understand my reaction.

[WG]
WG Staff
4,662 posts
4,418 battles
Před 11 hodinami Silver_Leviathan řekl/a:

Today I was playing with cruisers ... very difficult but I was having fun anyway.
Then they began to enter in the ranked battles, the aircraft carriers, and lo and behold, it became absurd and stressful to play! Zero strategy, only camping.
Continually spotted by planes and targeted by battleships that devastate cruisers at the first shot by shooting from the opposite side of the map.
With CVs it is impossible to approach to support DDs in the cap or launch areas.

In addition, the CVs planes are practically invulnerable even to heavy AA-built ships and as usual they become absurdly OP already from mid-game onwards, when the AA defenses were easily destroyed !!!
In addition to the planes, the aircraft carriers themselves are super resistant to cruisers, immune to AP and small caliber HE, and even from fires; with repair practically always available, doing fire damage is a pure utopia.

ex: I managed to make 15 fires at an aircraft carrier, but in the end I only got 5000 fire damage, ridiculous !!!
I would like to ask your warship "experts / consultants" if they ever tried to put out a fire on an aircraft carrier loaded with aviation gasoline, which ignited or exploded only if you looked at it badly? :Smile_trollface:

I continue to thank the WG for ruining the game with the stupid (and full arcade) CVs rework, in all modes!:Smile_sad:
Dear WG, this is my personal opinion, this is my feedback, (shared by many players). If you are interested then well, otherwise do as you have already done, ignore them!
But then do not cry if you continue to lose players and to monetize you are forced to invent "scam" events for the naive.
Sorry if I seem unpleasant, but knowing that with your arrogant and unpopular decisions you are trying in every way to make me hate the game I loved so much, it should make you understand my reaction.

Thank you for your feedback! 

I am quite curious about those 15 fires at CV dealing just 5k damage. Do you have a replay of that battle?

[LUSOS]
Players
342 posts
20,178 battles

I loved this ranked mixed with Arms race. 

Campers are penalised, agressive players getting most of the buffs will see the benefits in mid battle.
It definatelly looks like a naval battle instead of a hide and seek game.

Nice job!

[ST-EU]
Players
156 posts
4,655 battles

I think this is how the improvements to Arms Race work, but is it normal that now people who get the buffs for the team (cap them) only get 1 charge of it instead of 2 like it was previously?

Nothing game breaking, but it was a good incentive for people to go capping them or to use DDs in this game mode, now it's a bit dumbed down.