52 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
4,599 posts
4,410 battles

WG_SPB_WoWS_Preview_Public_test_0910_720x192.jpg

Captains! :cap_cool:

Round 2 schedule

Starts Thursday 30th January 17:30 CET (UTC+1)

Ends Monday 3rd February 16:30 CET (UTC+1)

Special Features of the Test

Heavy cruisers V Hawkins, VI Devonshire, VII Surrey, VIII Albemarle, IX Drake, and X Goliath won't be available in the Tech Tree for use during the Public Test.

Besides the standard combat missions that offer you rewards, the "Combat Missions" section has been complemented with additional combat missions for technical testing. Please note: these combat missions do not offer any rewards for their completion. You can tell them apart from other combat missions by the presence of the word "Test" in their titles.

Combat missions and rewards

f1c579cceebafd9b91156b03879471c3.png

One Wargaming container provides 1 day of Warships Premium Account.

You can test the new unique British Commander Andrew Cunningham during the Public Test. In order to do so, you need to complete the following combat missions:

1c8ccd4acf0908642b774e9fc579341e.png

Winter Season

Public Test 0.9.0 opened the Winter Season, which is scheduled to run across three updates.

Rewards

• Completing two personal missions will reward you with a season emblem.
  • Completing three personal missions will reward you with a unique flag, patch, and Premium Tier VI Ship container.
  • Those in possession of all four different season emblems will be rewarded with the unique Public Test Veteran emblem.

Personal combat mission No.2

• Play 20 battles.
  • Earn 30,000 base XP.
  • Earn 100 "Set on Fire", "Caused Flooding", "Hits to Citadel", or "Torpedo Hits" ribbons.

Reward on the live server: 100 Royal Tokens.

The mission can be completed only once, playing Tier VIII–X ships in Random and Ranked Battles.

After you complete this task, Personal Combat Mission No. 1 from the previous Public Test will become available. If you started completing the combat missions of the Winter Season during the Public Test of Update 0.9.0, your progress will have been saved.

Please note: you will not be able to receive any interim rewards for completing Personal Combat Mission No.1, but you will be able to obtain the final rewards of the Winter Season.

[ST-EU]
Players
156 posts
4,653 battles

I saw that one of the "minor" issues I pointed out during 0.9.0 PTS hasn't been addressed on live release, so I'll point it out again.

Some ships didn't receive the updated AA mounts that change the base colour to fit the camo the ship is equipped with, this time I put a colorful camo so the difference will be more evident.

The following are the affected AA mounts:

• Soviet 1x4 45mm SM-20-ZIF (Kremlin, Moskva, Grozovoi, Smolensk, Stalingrad...)

1706220230_WorldofWarships23_01_202021_39_23.thumb.png.1ec2ef3433b69ffa00411c7f5822baf7.png

• British 1x2 40mm STAAG (armored and open-top) and 1x6 40mm Bofors Mk. VI (Daring, Conqueror, Thunderer, Audacious...)

548461223_WorldofWarships23_01_202021_40_51.thumb.png.c3b78c8d36b386fec5017b63e81378ec.png

• German 55mm L/77 Gerät 58 (Hindenburg, Z-52...)

591696678_WorldofWarships23_01_202021_39_58.thumb.png.7edbe93110a488677d42be1542567ba1.png

I think these should get the same treatment as other ships of other nations, so the visual quality will be as gorgeous as expected

2126747001_WorldofWarships23_01_202021_52_40.thumb.png.1f7cd276c4e79a57212701c7de75d9c1.png

Edit: Those are the most visible affected ones, there may be others but they aren't as clear as these.

One last thing, I'd like to know if it's possible to update Kremlin's bridge 3D model and change it with Slava's one, cause Slava has a well modeled one with clear windows (like all newly added ships) while Kremlin has an odd-shaped one with a squashed texture on top of it.

• Kremlin:

254688745_WorldofWarships26_11_201915_53_08(2).thumb.png.d279dcb27e82e27df36f21c5d939ca6a.png

• Slava:

780742304_WorldofWarships26_11_201915_52_32(2).thumb.png.de5d4364c11d30fe62d7e6ae04d9dbaf.png

It's a pity that a ship still not (hopefully never :D) released has a better quality model than the tech tree "sister", considering they were put on testing not much time one after the other.

That's it, not game breaking things, but seeing the beauty of the 3D models it would be correct that the camos are up to the same level :cap_cool:

Edited by MarcoGn97
Added a line

Players
2,106 posts
9,538 battles

@YabbaCoe needs feedback?

Seems like there has been again changes in the lighting and again I'm not sure it's for the better.

It's what I've been telling to @Sehales and he acted surprised. When everyone else confirmed that, he went quiet and didn't comment anything further.

I'll provide you with screenshots next time I see it but I can tell you that from one game that I've played the lighting was too harsh and again - unrealistic.

To be more precise... the reflection of the sun onto the ship was way too bright overexposing the whole parts of the ship as I move my camera around. The unrealistic part? There was no sun at all. It was overcast and there was nowhere even bright spots on the sky let alone the sun itself. But somehow a harsh sunlight was hitting the ship in a very weird and ugly way.

I forgot to take screenshots but I'll make sure I do next time I encounter this and will post here.

[WG]
WG Staff
4,599 posts
4,410 battles
Před 9 hodinami Palubarac řekl/a:

@YabbaCoe needs feedback?

Seems like there has been again changes in the lighting and again I'm not sure it's for the better.

It's what I've been telling to @Sehales and he acted surprised. When everyone else confirmed that, he went quiet and didn't comment anything further.

I'll provide you with screenshots next time I see it but I can tell you that from one game that I've played the lighting was too harsh and again - unrealistic.

To be more precise... the reflection of the sun onto the ship was way too bright overexposing the whole parts of the ship as I move my camera around. The unrealistic part? There was no sun at all. It was overcast and there was nowhere even bright spots on the sky let alone the sun itself. But somehow a harsh sunlight was hitting the ship in a very weird and ugly way.

I forgot to take screenshots but I'll make sure I do next time I encounter this and will post here.

I know, that it can be frustrating for you to see unrealistic lighting. Just please, make sure not to forget about those screenshots, it is really important for us to also see, what is wrong. Thank you

[FA-PT]
Players
3 posts
11,363 battles

I really enjoyed playing Random battles 3x3 and 4x4.

The race armes I think is to force us to capture buffs which becomes less tactical and I noticed that the domain of the cruisers in this" mode".

Im a noob and I'm still in love for the game

Players
2,106 posts
9,538 battles
8 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

I know, that it can be frustrating for you to see unrealistic lighting. Just please, make sure not to forget about those screenshots, it is really important for us to also see, what is wrong. Thank you

I was just going to ask you why don't we have replays for the PTS as it would be much easier to report those things.

Then before asking, I checked the PTS folder and actually found the "replays" folder with all replies.

However, I was unable to open any of them, giving the following error:

error.jpg

Obviously, before posting this I tried to find information on WG website and forums and Google overall but found nothing.

Is there a way to open those files and if so how? Because if I'd be able to open them, I could show you the unrealistic lighting I've encountered straight away.

P.S. When I try to open a replay I get a critical error...

vvv.jpg

This is when trying to open via 'Game Client' (which is a default app) but I did try with the live server app and the public test app as well but same result.

Is there a way to watch a replay from the PTS or not?  @YabbaCoe

• Angry 1

Players
1,628 posts
4,330 battles

Replay works like always.

look at ping = -35 ms

Problem must be between computer and chair =)

Spoiler

shot-20_01.25_13_50.28-0293.thumb.jpg.2ba6f5a8884ec76280aa937a1895455e.jpgshot-20_01.25_13_51.31-0997.thumb.jpg.c6da4c9296f66a72bd158d5c9d3a025a.jpgshot-20_01.25_13_51.45-0049.thumb.jpg.29d1483dc67d37db4274d4788a58d1ee.jpgshot-20_01.25_13_52.32-0692.thumb.jpg.5bb126d7eb6dc47d3723a07d68deb298.jpgshot-20_01.25_13_53.17-0309.thumb.jpg.11fded9b8b65099d925948fed667ce15.jpg

Players
4,544 posts
7,604 battles

Erm...............

image.thumb.png.442293d9df2ce620485fcf32fc727f9f.png

That's like 1,000 games in a 4 day PT window, is that reasonable?  What's going on and what's the point of Test 1-2 if Test 1-1 is impossible?

[WG]
WG Staff
4,599 posts
4,410 battles
Před 19 hodinami Capra76 řekl/a:

Erm...............

image.thumb.png.442293d9df2ce620485fcf32fc727f9f.png

That's like 1,000 games in a 4 day PT window, is that reasonable?  What's going on and what's the point of Test 1-2 if Test 1-1 is impossible?

Please pay attention to what is written in this particular thread in description:

"Besides the standard combat missions that offer you rewards, the "Combat Missions" section has been complemented with additional combat missions for technical testing. Please note: these combat missions do not offer any rewards for their completion. You can tell them apart from other combat missions by the presence of the word "Test" in their titles."

It is also in the article: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/public-test-091/

• Cool 1

Players
4,544 posts
7,604 battles
1 minute ago, YabbaCoe said:

Please pay attention to what is written in this particular thread in description:

Okay, I won't bother posting any more bug reports etc then.

[WG]
WG Staff
4,599 posts
4,410 battles
Před 17 minutami Capra76 řekl/a:

Okay, I won't bother posting any more bug reports etc then.

Nonono, please keep posting about every bug you encounter during PT. We will report them further so they can be fixed. Just sometimes it can happen, that anybody can report some stuff, that is not a bug and the players just overlooked that. 

Sorry if you felt attacked by me, that definitely wasn't my intention.  

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,489 battles

I can't connect to public test server from yesterday :)

EDIT: I CAN however to connect to the "normal" game.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,616 posts
8 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

I can't connect to public test server from yesterday :)

Round 1 schedule

Starts Thu. 23 Jan. 17:30 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Thu. 23 Jan. 17:30
Ends Mon. 27 Jan. 20:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Mon. 27 Jan. 20:00

• Funny 1

[MSKD]
[MSKD]
Players
44 posts
19,250 battles

Hi there,

it would be nice if the caps would not appear always at the same place. It would be much more interesting if the capture area would always be in a different place on the map, so nobody knows before.

Greetings KL_Prien

• Cool 2

[ST-EU]
Players
156 posts
4,653 battles
20 ore fa, powerverde ha scritto:

I found a bug in this Test Server:

- There was nothing to test.

Huh, what about the new upgrades? Or the new map North Waters? 

Players
21 posts
2,047 battles

My Feedback is HE in this game are too much fire chance of BBs and his fire over time dmg is too high !

BBs player go not at front or move forward and than is this are a camp game nice BBs make too much overpens and Cruiser and DDs have no overpens they make dmg again and again with no overpens!

(I play a bit cruiser and DDs but must BBs and then see it again that have BBs too much overpens but cruiser let me burn again and again)

[LUSOS]
Players
341 posts
20,070 battles
On 1/28/2020 at 8:18 PM, MarcoGn97 said:

Huh, what about the new upgrades? Or the new map North Waters? 

New upgrades can only be tested in normal server, because PTS is full of YOLO kids who seems to only know the "W" key.
Map Northern Waters: I dont think i have played a single game in it.

Edit: 

1st game on part 2 was on this map hehe

• Boring 1

[SHAD]
Players
153 posts

UI looks much much crisper which I like, however I have noticed the ships do seem to look fatter than before or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Edit: some reason my aspect ratio was changed without me doing so.

[LUSOS]
Players
341 posts
20,070 battles
On 1/23/2020 at 10:05 AM, YabbaCoe said:

Winter Season

Public Test 0.9.0 opened the Winter Season, which is scheduled to run across three updates.

Rewards

• Completing two personal missions will reward you with a season emblem.
  • Completing three personal missions will reward you with a unique flag, patch, and Premium Tier VI Ship container.
  • Those in possession of all four different season emblems will be rewarded with the unique Public Test Veteran emblem.

After you complete this task, Personal Combat Mission No. 1 from the previous Public Test will become available. If you started completing the combat missions of the Winter Season during the Public Test of Update 0.9.0, your progress will have been saved.

Please note: you will not be able to receive any interim rewards for completing Personal Combat Mission No.1, but you will be able to obtain the final rewards of the Winter Season.

When are we having the 3rd personal mission? On a incoming 0.9.2 update?

Players
2,106 posts
9,538 battles

@YabbaCoe So my question regarding the replays from PTS has been completely ignored?

Was it too complicated? Because you did reply to others after my question even though I quoted and tagged you. 

[FOAM]
Beta Tester
130 posts
8,759 battles

if:

Special Features of the Test

Heavy cruisers V Hawkins, VI Devonshire, VII Surrey, VIII Albemarle, IX Drake, and X Goliath won't be available in the Tech Tree for use during the Public Test.

so why do they appear during the test? They are not in the techtree, do not have their normal players (not test, CC or other privileged) And suddenly the normal player said that he just appeared and took to the battle. Normal player - who has dozens of battles on the EU server behind him. Suddenly he plays them without the slightest reason.
They could be exchanged for doubloons - so the doubloons were exchanged for these ships (and other rags) - I received all due ones, where they are, as it was mentioned, that they can be obtained after the tests on the main account.

There are 6,000 doubloons bought for REAL MONEY in the back? You care so much about the outflow of players that you start to cheat them? Because it looks like overt cheating of players.

You start to ignore players, you start to cheat them - be careful because it can affect you very much on the overall view of the company.
All need is several dozen relatively rich players, in addition pissed off, some very good lawyers and you are swept along with the garbage to the trash of history.

And those who are personally responsible for this clear fraud can receive prison terms - these are not jokes when money and credibility are at stake. YOU, AS A REPRESENTATIVE OF COMPANY, are on the front line, so the first to be called before the law - and the company's anonymity policy will not help you. You are no longer anonymous and your home addresses are already known.

If you continue to make a cesspool of your mouth and hide behind the fact that "the company told you", it means that you are not worth making responsible decisions in your private lives. And the idea and money covered you with common sense and that YOU are for us - and WE pay you salaries from OUR money.
  If there were people in my company who would blame someone who pays them their wages - they would fly out on the beaten face with disciplinary punishments.

I am seriously pissed at Staff and Support .. you have us for nothing, so do not be surprised that WE will not respect you.