Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sunleader

You think Savage Mode Shrinking Map would work in Randoms ?

23 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,490 posts
8,666 battles

I mean. I would actually like to have it by now.

Lately I have a Feeling that there is too many Free T-Shirt Giveaways on Islands. Otherwise I have no Idea why Literally all the BBs on my Team have to Dock at the same Island for Half the Game :)

I think if we had the Shrinking Map from Savage Mode. This might really Improve Gameplay Flow :)

Force People Forward a bit more :)

This might Fix alot of very Long Games Consisting effectively of a Team that has lost 10 Minutes ago just Camping somewhere in the Rear trying to hide from the Enemy Team which is now in the Desperate Situation of somehow trying to Kill the Enemy Ships before they Win by Points and get no Exp for the Win cause 80% of the Enemy Team is still Alive :P

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[ALYEN]
Players
1,868 posts
3,916 battles

Savage mode was DDs only or do I remember wrong ? Those are the ships with the least range ... so it would not work in Randoms with current BB ranges ... and CVs ...

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,226 posts
17,691 battles

Splendid idea. Add power up zones, spaceship models and some anime stylings, too. Then you can have done with it all and change the name of the game to "World of Generic Combat". Much easier then all of that tedious balancing malarky and dull old history. 

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,950 posts
12,853 battles

My Kurfürst is pleased. 

Wasnt it the battle royale shrinking fire circle thing with the filthy ships you are thinking of? 

I would like it as a temporary gamemode, 3-4 times a year, some ships just wouldnt work in this mode. 

[CAIN]
Players
4,670 posts
19,799 battles

Would only work if it's limited to class vs class fights, i.e. BBs vs BBs, DDs vs DDs, other wise it would break balance so hard. 

That is not something that should be done in randoms at all, leave it to Special Events. 

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,885 posts
14,428 battles

Inclement weather - i.e. Cyclones and thunderstorms already improve the ''gameplay flow'' by forcing different actions and pushing players into different situations, despite the complaints from some. 

In addition, these at least make sense within the confines of a naval-themed combat game. 

A shrinking map doesn't. To me, this would only be acceptable and fun in special modes, like April fools, etc. 

• Cool 1

[UKMD]
Players
139 posts
3,306 battles

A game mode like this woud be horrible for CVs or CL/CAs and it would throw all kinds of balance under the bus since it it so focused on close quarters combat

I think this mode only worked because all the ships were sepcifically adjusted for it otherwise people would just find the best ship for the job and play only that

just look at the 1v1 ranked sprint

it was fun but 70% of my enemies were Tirpitz/Bismarck/Massachusetts

I do hope we get more special game modes for events, the space battles one with a defending team and a respawning attacking team was super fun but the ships would need to be specifically selected for such a game mode

[CKBK]
Players
298 posts
12,901 battles
1 hour ago, Sunleader said:

Lately I have a Feeling that there is too many Free T-Shirt Giveaways on Islands. Otherwise I have no Idea why Literally all the BBs on my Team have to Dock at the same Island for Half the Game :)

I think if we had the Shrinking Map from Savage Mode. This might really Improve Gameplay Flow :)

This might Fix alot of very Long Games Consisting effectively of a Team that has lost 10 Minutes ago just Camping somewhere in the Rear trying to hide from the Enemy Team which is now in the Desperate Situation of somehow trying to Kill the Enemy Ships before they Win by Points and get no Exp for the Win cause 80% of the Enemy Team is still Alive :P

It would work but it would not change a thing. The average player would either still camp or just die even faster. No matter what you do the playerbase will always find a way to play worse and to lose. 

This game needs to actually start teaching players some more basics and limit the high tier premiums you can buy as a new player. How ro do this is another topic. 

[BATES]
Alpha Tester
3,074 posts
12,053 battles

I have a better idea. How about the map selectively shrinks for some classes, i.e. only for BB players. So for DD's and cruisers who are usually in the frontline taking all the damage, the map would only shrink for BB's - We don't need to see whats going on on their map, for us it would be normal, but BB's would be increasingly squeezed together and forced to tank damage instead of sitting at windowlicker range at the back firing with maximum dispersion while the rest of their team dies.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,670 posts
19,799 battles
6 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

I have a better idea. How about the map selectively shrinks for some classes, i.e. only for BB players. So for DD's and cruisers who are usually in the frontline taking all the damage, the map would only shrink for BB's - We don't need to see whats going on on their map, for us it would be normal, but BB's would be increasingly squeezed together and forced to tank damage instead of sitting at windowlicker range at the back firing with maximum dispersion while the rest of their team dies.

Hm.

Only if the map shrinks for CVs at a much faster rate, Maybe 5 to 10 times faster.

• Cool 3

Players
1,876 posts
19,377 battles

I'm all for encouraging more aggressive gameplay but I'm not sure this is the solution. This is because if a team has pushed ahead grabbed the caps and built up a substantial points lead but taken a lot of damage, then a shrinking map would punish them as they would then be in close quarters with an enemy on near to full health. 

[BATES]
Alpha Tester
3,074 posts
12,053 battles
3 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Hm.

Only if the map shrinks for CVs at a much faster rate, Maybe 5 to 10 times faster.

Yes, why did I not think of this?

[JRM]
Players
7,024 posts

As long as the camp farming damage is rewarded equally or more then acctual objective play we will have it in game, period.

[PIKES]
Players
430 posts
10,087 battles

Something else that can be done in randoms is to give some interest or attention to levels T3 and T4 as beginning levels in missions/campaigns. Most of compaings and interessing stuff are offered for T5 and beyong (Yamamoto or American missions) but there is only one which offers missions for T4  . Perhaps this could help to attract more players willing to improve in randoms beginning from T3, but with some fun obtaining some deserved rewards. What I found more challenging when playing randoms is how to get the battlefield feeling to play as a team before I am being killed by the red ones, or blamed from the green ones

[KAKE]
Players
2,727 posts
6,701 battles

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

• Funny 2

[SHAFT]
Players
11,065 posts
9,475 battles
3 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Apes together... dumb? :cap_haloween:

BB lemmingtrain mentality has manifested itself over time. You wont get that out of their heads. One of the reason, i hate playing BB lately. No matter what you are trying to do, your own BBs will ruin it for you. Get crossfire? Nope, they follow you like sheep, and enemies can just keep angling against all of you.

I think we are past the point of salvation. It "works" for them, i.e. they dont die as easily. If they have something infront of them, it gives them safety from torps and HE spam.

[JRM]
Players
7,024 posts
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

BB lemmingtrain mentality has manifested itself over time. You wont get that out of their heads. One of the reason, i hate playing BB lately. No matter what you are trying to do, your own BBs will ruin it for you. Get crossfire? Nope, they follow you like sheep, and enemies can just keep angling against all of you.

I think we are past the point of salvation. It "works" for them, i.e. they dont die as easily. If they have something infront of them, it gives them safety from torps and HE spam.

Yep, only solution use french or georgia and steam off so fast they cant possibly follow... :cap_haloween:

Players
643 posts
14,718 battles
5 hours ago, Sunleader said:

This concept was tried in another game that came out last year. Battle royale with ships. Ignoring all the collecting gear mechanics of that and focusing on just bbs, there is a rather large problem that this type of play will cause. BBS are too slow and or not agile enough to be competitive in a shrinking zone environment. Then, of course, there is a big issue with DDs and concealment.

Short of some mechanics changes to CA v DD interactions and some changes to BB handling Im not really seeing this as viable, which is kinda a shame as I love the concept.

[-GGS-]
Players
496 posts
11,128 battles

In general I like the idea. The only problem would be that it would heavily favor some ships... Look what ships did well in 1v1.

Players
643 posts
14,718 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Can you blame them? I mean no one likes being victimized.

Sign in to follow this