You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Weekly Combat Missions: Lunar New Year

49 comments in this topic

Players
698 posts
10,263 battles

I predict an 88.8% chance of wasting money on lootboxes, and an 8.88% chance of getting anything good. As always, the first taste is free!

Year of the Rat will bring good fortune, to somebody.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[BAD-A]
Players
522 posts
8,284 battles
31 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

I predict an 88.8% chance of wasting money on lootboxes, and an 8.88% chance of getting anything good. As always, the first taste is free!

Isn't it the year of the pig incoming?

• Funny 1

Players
698 posts
10,263 battles
5 minutes ago, MyopicHedgehog said:

Isn't it the year of the pig incoming?

Outgoing. As per the article:

image.thumb.png.cb44e9b12b0f91e329a24353e257770e.png

Mind you I wasn't playing last year and missed the Pig flag. If WOWS and me are still in a relationship four years hence I can get a flag for my birth animal.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,946 posts
16,746 battles
35 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

Outgoing. As per the article:

image.thumb.png.cb44e9b12b0f91e329a24353e257770e.png

Mind you I wasn't playing last year and missed the Pig flag. If WOWS and me are still in a relationship four years hence I can get a flag for my birth animal.

You didn't miss the pig flag, it was never given out. I remember that the event was moved by a week due to CV rework and we never got any chance to get the year of the pig flag.

@MrConway@Sehales is there any chance we can get the year of the pig flag? We never got a chance to earn it last year.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,987 posts
5,478 battles
4 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

Discounts and gifts for the Lunar New Year!

Read it on the portal

Erm.

Question. Do I see this right ?

So the 2 Final Containers Guarantee  a Perma Camo OR a Premium Ship ?

What Ships are the Camos for by the way ?

• Funny 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
131 posts
4,539 battles
23 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Erm.

Question. Do I see this right ?

So the 2 Final Containers Guarantee  a Perma Camo OR a Premium Ship ?

What Ships are the Camos for by the way ?

Hello Sunleader, 

Yes, it is the Premium ship OR the Perma camo. 

There will be a dedicated article tomorrow on all things Lunar New Year, but I'll see if I can get the text regarding the container contents added to this publication. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[DAVY]
Players
4 posts
6,476 battles

Will Baije be obtainable via any other means, other than lootboxes?

e.g. freexp, coal, steel?

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
267 posts
9,955 battles
10 minutes ago, zestful said:

Will Baije be obtainable via any other means, other than lootboxes?

e.g. freexp, coal, steel?

Why should be if lootboxes brings biggest profit?

• Cool 2

[CR-S]
Players
670 posts
24,981 battles
42 minutes ago, _Robertas_ said:

Why should be if lootboxes surprise-mechanics brings biggest profit joy to the players?

:Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[SPWAR]
[SPWAR]
Players
107 posts
1,971 battles

well, after long time WG announce sales before r beginning! the second best thing for 2020 after the absent of HOHOHO horns!

...but it IS WG! the full detail will come AFTER the beginning of the event.

[CAPT]
Players
405 posts
11,594 battles
4 hours ago, DanSilverwing said:

I predict an 88.% chance of wasting money on lootboxes, and an 8.88% chance of getting anything good. As always, the first taste is free!

88.8% chance of wasting money on loot boxes? 0% is more like it as once burned is twice shy.:cap_old:

• Cool 1

[C4K3]
Players
89 posts
7,736 battles

Give them a chans. Lol; Let them cheat a little. they are russian. they like to cheat with no embarissment. Look at sports.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[COMA]
Players
162 posts
10,139 battles

After shayt and disrespectful PR dockyard event one could not expect anything more than lootboxes to milk even more $$$ from whales and slap in the face playerbase even harder. You are disgusting Wargaming and you all know that. You don't listen to the community which is paying your bills and you will regret that eventually, trust me on this. Meanwhile I will vote with my wallet so you won't see a freaking broken penny from me anymore, greedy soviets.

[THESO]
1,987 posts
5,478 battles
4 minutes ago, Todeskult said:

After shayt and disrespectful PR dockyard event one could not expect anything more than lootboxes to milk even more $$$ from whales and slap in the face playerbase even harder. You are disgusting Wargaming and you all know that. You don't listen to the community which is paying your bills and you will regret that eventually, trust me on this. Meanwhile I will vote with my wallet so you won't see a freaking broken penny from me anymore, greedy soviets.

Given the Offers on the Asian Server. It seems they will offer most stuff Directly as Ships instead of Lootboxes actually.

You can still get Lootboxes if you want. But I for my Part will do what I always do when I have the Choice. And just Buy the Stuff I want right away without relying on Lootboxes.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
1,987 posts
5,478 battles
3 minutes ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

So basically you have to spend a ton of money in the hope of getting the main prize which is the Izumo clone, is that right?

If they do the same as on Asia Server.

You will be able to just Buy the Izumo Vlone if you want it.

Albeit I am not sure why someone would want it.

The Wukong seems more Interesting.

• Cool 1

[COMA]
Players
162 posts
10,139 battles
52 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Given the Offers on the Asian Server. It seems they will offer most stuff Directly as Ships instead of Lootboxes actually.

You can still get Lootboxes if you want. But I for my Part will do what I always do when I have the Choice. And just Buy the Stuff I want right away without relying on Lootboxes.

Well, Asian server can be treated differently than the other ones (EU, NA). After all it's "Chinese New Year" event, so they can just allow players to buy what they actually want. If I do understood correctly forum posts so far on EU the only way to get the ships is to gamble with real money and/or doubloons. At least there is not  s single mention about the other way on WoWs portal news article here: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-events/missions-090-weekly-1/

Players
2,543 posts
58 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

If they do the same as on Asia Server.

You will be able to just Buy the Izumo Vlone if you want it.

Albeit I am not sure why someone would want it.

The Wukong seems more Interesting.

Hm just watched a vid on the Wukong, not for me I's afraid

Players
59 posts

Looks like they want hard cash for poor ships if I read the reviews right I can buy one of the Dragons for circa 27 gbp with a commo or add  a few ponds more and get the Atago T8 with a heal, mmm. It also seems the Chinese don't call their ships a Junk for nothing then :Smile_sceptic:

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,013 posts
3,146 battles
15 hours ago, Aragathor said:

You didn't miss the pig flag, it was never given out. I remember that the event was moved by a week due to CV rework and we never got any chance to get the year of the pig flag.

@MrConway@Sehales is there any chance we can get the year of the pig flag? We never got a chance to earn it last year.

Good question, we'll check :)

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,078 posts

The decision of handing out the 3 days of premium in separate containers, that can be opened at the player's discretion and own chosen time is a HUGE improvement over the "blue-shield" premium days that act directly upon receiving them. Keep that mechanic, and please expand further so that all "direct-acting" premium reward days are replaced by WG-containers.

• Cool 1

Players
367 posts

2h in coop and the Big Fireworks mission chain is done with Smolensk.

Nice ship to quickly do any mission/directive. a truely positive thing for the game. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1