You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
dan_matt

70 comments in this topic

[LAWS]
Players
80 posts
6,022 battles

Karma..... it drives me insane.... why does it exist..... I play well I get karma, I play well, the other team mark me down..... I just played a game where I came top of my team by quite some way but I still lost 2 Karma points. I play a game that my team lose, but I come top of the losing team and I still lose points.... you tell someone who played badly to 'up there game' and you get marked down, should you not become immune to minus karma points if you are top of the team?? Just what is the point of it?Is there any benefit, can I just swear at everyone playing worse than me and not care???  WG, just get rid of it unless there is any point to it

• Boring 1

[LAWS]
Players
80 posts
6,022 battles

Oh I understand there are game where we all play play bad and deserve to lose Karma, my point is why does it even exist? My personal annoyance is that I have just played 4 games, won 3, came top or second top of  3 yet I lost more karma in the games I won than the game I lost?? + wtf unicum @Major_Damage225 lol

• Boring 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,444 posts
18,172 battles

Had a good game tonight. Talked to my team, we worked together and won. I gave compliments and got one myself. Fine.

Two games before that I ended up second on team in XP. Not talk in chatt, no team-damage. Got -1. I have no idea what I did "wrong".

That's the downside with this system. Since I don't know what I did "wrong" then I can't stop doing "it". Whatever "it" is. Just keep on playing as best you can and rejoyce over the compliment you get. If you get reported and you know why, fine. If you don't know why, just move on.

• Cool 1

[LAWS]
Players
80 posts
6,022 battles

It is a system that I do not understand why it exists, I could be a [edited] of a player and swear at everyone, lose, and still come out on top.There is no bonus for doing top 3 on a team (winning or losing)  but could still get screwed over by Karma. WG it needs an over haul, why do I care about something that has no bearing on the game?

• Boring 1

Players
131 posts
5,214 battles

As it has been said time and time again, this is mostly used to vent.

It's better for people to silently "report" you than to have them insult you in chat, regardless of the reason. If it manages to remove some salt from the game then the system is well worth it.

If anything, I'd recommend WG to add an option to hide the karma counter and karma notifications from the UI completely so as to help players ignore it for those that it frustrates or confuses.

• Cool 3

[NECRO]
Players
1,746 posts
Vor 3 Stunden, Major_Damage225 sagte:

Reasons for loosing Karma are known to be:

-You play bad

-You play good

-You'r a unicum

-You have a certain ship

-You play CV

-You play DD

-You play a BB

-You dont comunicate

-You do comunicate

-You torp a friendly

-You torp multiple enemys

-You play a battle

-You'r nickname

-You use radar

I could go on and on and on and on. 

:Smile_teethhappy:

-You are in the lineup

[JRM]
Players
7,053 posts
4 hours ago, dan_matt said:

Karma..... it drives me insane.... why does it exist..... I play well I get karma, I play well, the other team mark me down..... I just played a game where I came top of my team by quite some way but I still lost 2 Karma points. I play a game that my team lose, but I come top of the losing team and I still lose points.... you tell someone who played badly to 'up there game' and you get marked down, should you not become immune to minus karma points if you are top of the team?? Just what is the point of it?Is there any benefit, can I just swear at everyone playing worse than me and not care???  WG, just get rid of it unless there is any point to it

That number just a part of ego stroking system, if you have it at more then 0 for long time you are likely doing something wrong...

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
3,290 posts
19,976 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

That number just a part of ego stroking system, if you have it at more then 0 for long time you are likely doing something wrong...

Yeah like playing the game :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,053 posts
9 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Yeah like playing the game :cap_haloween:

In essence - yes, as already noted pretty much everything you do will get you reported while wery few actions will get you complimented in return and often the same actions will get you reported at the same time anyhow...

Players
1,884 posts
19,418 battles

I have always believed the karma system was a abandoned project where the plan had been to give rewards for getting high karma, however then it was realised people would try to rig it, so WG just gave up and left it as a meaningless number we can look at. 

Personally I found it quite amusing last night when I was reported twice in one battle for killing an enemy Smolensk/ Midway division in my Daring ( I got 2 other kills but they didn't consider it cheating) because how dare I have a good game supported by my teammates. 

• Cool 2

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,763 battles

My karma is between 0 and 10 pretty much all the time, I don't see a problem. It's not like you get a super OP ship once you reach 100 karma.

• Cool 3

Players
598 posts
3,444 battles

Telling someone in chat they are not playing correctly is like walking up to a random stranger in the street and commenting on their driving skills.

Dont cus in chat and igonre your karma score as it is meaningless..

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,192 posts
11,285 battles
8 hours ago, dan_matt said:

Karma does nothing..

You don't get anything speshul when you get complimented,

you don't lose anything when you get negative karma,

people don't see your karma...

it cannot go down below zero regardless of how much salt you collect..

why do you care about it?

• Cool 5

[PIKES]
Players
430 posts
10,171 battles

That Karma thing I was thinking it was a binary number: 0 Normal Karma ; 1 Good Karma until today. So after a year playing this game I realize it can be over 1 and why is never below 0. :Smile_sad:

• Funny 4

[BATES]
Alpha Tester
3,077 posts
12,078 battles
8 hours ago, dan_matt said:

Oh I understand there are game where we all play play bad and deserve to lose Karma, my point is why does it even exist? My personal annoyance is that I have just played 4 games, won 3, came top or second top of  3 yet I lost more karma in the games I won than the game I lost?? + wtf unicum @Major_Damage225 lol

The system likely exists for a variety of reasons:

• Some people are obsessed with chasing meaningless points like this, hoarders?
  • Some people may see it as another way to measure their worth, to themselves and others, bragging rights
  • The possible real reason is WG probably wanted to reduce the number of support tickets they were receiving for relatively minor indiscretions, so created a (meaningless) punitive system which alleviated this pressure while also giving (imaginery) power to the players to punish offenders and therefore satisy their need for justice.

I live from chat ban to chat ban, some deserved because if I'm going to be banned for nothing, sometimes I may as well tell someone what I think of them or their playstyle...not right, but i'm being punished for nothing a lot of the time so to hell with it. I'm working on my attitude as we speak.

• Cool 3

Players
1,884 posts
19,418 battles

Karma does serve one useful function it's a vent for angry people who resent being killed. You go back to port and -1 karma you don't care and move on, it avoids lots of post battle chat messages that then get sent as support tickets that WG then are forced to deal with. 

Players
889 posts
18,138 battles
5 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Mine is at ~670.. damn, I must be playing this game wrong..

• Funny 1

Players
5 posts
3,257 battles

As said before it's just there so people can vent...it means absolutely nothing and is just about pointless.

Even if you go mad and team kill a few people or type in chat where your team mates are to the enemy what's going to happen... your name turns pink for 2 or 3 games. 

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,663 battles
5 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Interesting coping mechanism you have there. 

• Funny 2

Players
2,075 posts
16,264 battles

Seriously, who cares? 

Yesterday I got reported by a potato lexington because he spent the entire game not using his rocket planes to hunt DD's (ofc the enemy CV had no issues doing exactly that). I literally typed this in chat.

"CV. Pretty please with sugar on top. Please use rocket planes to hunt DD's."

I kid you not. That was it. No "uninstall noob" or anything like that. Just politely asking him to to use rockets on DD's.

His response? "STFU newman I have fat tims". I then explained that they're called Tiny Tims and they absolutely shred DD's. His only response to that was to report me. Game was a loss, I had 4 kills, one of them a DD, and pretty much got the other killed as well, top scored and had double the base xp of that.. "fine gentleman".

The only thing he did that game was steal my kraken by dropping a ship I brought down to like 1k hp and had him on permafire, and report me. Ultimately, does his behavior or report say anything about me? Nope. He just demonstrated to a pool of 23 people what an absolute w****r he is. Report him back, move on.

Karma is irrelevant, though I must admit the ability to report your entire team can be nice sometimes. I do hope that the next time I see that CV player he's on the enemy team.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3