Armory Maintenance - 30.11.2021 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

The Beginning is a Very Delicate Time

119 comments in this topic

[ROUGH]
Players
4,714 posts
13,654 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Blixies sagte:

, I don't want this game to die

Can you back this up? 

I see the game being healthy as ever. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 7

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
2 hours ago, Yoshanai said:

Can you back this up? 

I see the game being healthy as ever. 

I did back it up in the OP. I do not have any actual numbers, just a few real life examples.
Also, I am not talking about the stable playerbase, which might be as strong as ever.
I am, however, talking about newcomers and their experience, friend.

EDIT: Let me ask you this: Do you consider the enviroment of tier IV to be a good experince for the newbies?

• Cool 11

[ROUGH]
Players
4,714 posts
13,654 battles
Gerade eben, Blixies sagte:

I did back it up in the OP. I do not have any actual nubers, just a few real life examples.
Also, I am not talking about the stable playerbase, which might be as strong as ever.
I am, however, talking about newcomers and their experience, friend.

Okay fair enough. I won't disturb this any more then. Let's see where this discussion will go. Have a good one. 

• Boring 3

Players
3,890 posts
13,131 battles
24 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Zip

Mate...

The game is financially healthy.

That is all WG cares about.  The game isn't going to die.

This game attracts the new breed of Computer gamers and WG know this. 

WG don't care about experiences, only the money that comes in.  

Just on another thread currently ongoing, some one had 100 games then brought 2 premiums ships. 

So that's £60 easy money to them. Just like that, a free to play game and they made £60. Do you think they care about how he feels? About his experiences? not a jot.

So those 2 left the game, another 4 will step up.  The wheel keeps on turning. 

We care because we are the guys working at the coal face, but those in the ivory towers and bean counters don't give a toss. 

• Cool 7

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts
13 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Aren’t those things related? I mean, the more pleasant the experience is, the more money people are willing to throw into it?

• Cool 3

Players
3,890 posts
13,131 battles
12 minutes ago, Greyshark said:

Aren’t those things related? I mean, the more pleasant the experience is, the more money people are willing to throw into it?

No.

Just look at current events?

I rest my case. 

The bank books tells them that people who play this game are happy.  People don't think, they just buy. They download the game and most within the first 100 games buy a premium ship. The more fustrated they are, the more likely they are to buy a premium ship. 

The PR event again confirms that as long as their are suckers, they will make money hand over fist.

• Cool 5

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
18 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Mate...

This game attracts the new breed of Computer gamers and WG know this. 

Just on another thread currently ongoing, some one had 100 games then brought 2 premiums ships. 

So that's £60 easy money to them. Just like that, a free to play game and they made £60. Do you think they care about how he feels? About his experiences? not a jot.

So those 2 left the game, another 4 will step up.  The wheel keeps on turning. 

I get your point, it makes sense.
On the other hand the flow of new players who stay with the game means more money for WG too. I'm not asking them to be altruistic.
Improving the new player experience should mean higher profit for them too, unless there's someting I misunderstand about the whole concept.

• Cool 2

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
19 minuti fa, Redcap375 ha scritto:

Imagine wanting to see your game growing and increasing its playerbase...

Nah, better settle with the current 20-25k active players/die with new ones staying no more than 6 months, if we manage to sell some 40€ ships to some potato everything will be ok!

WG business model may be working well for their wallet, but it’s objectively pretty poor. 

• Cool 2

Players
3,890 posts
13,131 battles
1 minute ago, Bics93 said:

Imagine wanting to see your game growing and increasing its playerbase...

Nah, better settle with the current 20-25k active players/die with new ones staying no more than 6 months, if we manage to sell some 40€ ships to some potato everything will be ok!

WG business model may be working well for their wallet, but it’s objectively pretty poor. 

Related image

Always has been.

• Funny 3

[XTREM]
Players
2,309 posts
16,394 battles

I don't play low tiers much, if at all.

However, in the odd time I have played them post-rework - I'm thinking that if I was a brand new player and I didn't like warships so much, I would not have stuck around. 

Largely thanks to Hosho. And lots of them. Now, I'm not one of the CV haters, but things in low tier seemed kind of egregious to me. 

• Cool 3

[HAZEL]
Players
55 posts
7,470 battles

CVs are perfectly balanced. :^)

I love getting divebombed and losing 1/3rd of my HP which i can't repair because citadel damage.

You can't angle to prevent it nor does AA do a decent enough job. Ye, cool i killed 3 planes and did 20k plane damage which pretty much rewards you with nothing. :^) 

[-SBF-]
8,315 posts
15 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

No.

Just look at current events?

I rest my case. 

The bank books tells them that people who play this game are happy.  People don't think, they just buy. They download the game and most within the first 100 games buy a premium ship. The more fustrated they are, the more likely they are to buy a premium ship. 

So what you are saying, is that the more frustrated client is, the more money spends on the frustrating product? Wow, that’s very revolutionary marketing theory, usually at any marketing/managment classes teachers says otherwise... I must be very weird then, because I would never pay, especially on regular basis, for any product which is causing frustration to me.

• Cool 1

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,080 battles
2 minutes ago, Greyshark said:

So what you are saying, is that the more frustrated client is, the more money spends on the frustrating product? Wow, that’s very revolutionary marketing theory, usually at any marketing/managment classes teachers says otherwise... I must be very weird then, because I would never pay, especially on regulat basis, for any product which is causing frustration to me.

WG is basically milking the game like crazy, and secondly they are russain, so May be different. Thirdly greed can blind people, and it does so often.

• Cool 2

Players
3,890 posts
13,131 battles
8 minutes ago, Greyshark said:

So what you are saying, is that the more frustrated client is, the more money spends on the frustrating product? Wow, that’s very revolutionary marketing theory, usually at any marketing/managment classes teachers says otherwise... I must be very weird then, because I would never pay, especially on regular basis, for any product which is causing frustration to me.

New player:

"Getting fed up of this bloody silver line ship, it's crap, i wanna win and have a ship that is strong" "can't stand this tier, i wanna skip and play a better tier" " getting fed up losing credits, new a premium ship or commo" 

They then go buy a Premium ship.

Job done.  Frustration = Money. 

:cap_tea:

Marketing/management classes? It's called the class of life.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
2 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

New player:

"Getting fed up of this bloody silver line ship, it's crap, i wanna win and have a ship that is strong" "can't stand this tier, i wanna skip and play a better tier"

This certainly wasn't the case with two of friends who tried the game.  Why would they invest into a game which treats them like a cannon fodder?

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
2,339 posts
14,629 battles

Nevertheless @Blixies has a point imo.

Especially at T4 the newbies get massacred by CVsealclubbers in a way that is not funny any more.

It does not help either that the number of lowtier games with 3 CV per side grow steadily.

I am so glad, my daughter is at 1000 battles now and we dont have to deal with T4 level of bs***tery. Sorry to say.

But I miss the times where we just had some innocent fun with a Bogatyr, Kuma or Katori, just for the sake of it. Impossible now because of the high numbers of CVs.

• Cool 10

Players
3,890 posts
13,131 battles
1 minute ago, Blixies said:

This certainly wasn't the case with two of friends who tried the game.  Why would they invest into a game which treats them like a cannon fodder?

Because the next 4 will.

And the books say it will.

[-SBF-]
8,315 posts
7 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

New player:

"Getting fed up of this bloody silver line ship, it's crap, i wanna win and have a ship that is strong" "can't stand this tier, i wanna skip and play a better tier" " getting fed up losing credits, new a premium ship or commo" 

Marketing/management classes? It's called the class of life.

The game doesn’t live of money coming from new players buying one premium ship and then quit, it exists and grows because of people who pays on regular basis.

Well, seems you know very little about life then.

9 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

WG is basically milking the game like crazy, and secondly they are russain, so May be different. Thirdly greed can blind people, and it does so often.

WG isn’t a Russian company.

Players
3,890 posts
13,131 battles
Just now, The_Pillager said:

Nevertheless @Blixies has a point imo.

Especially at T4 the newbies get massacred by CVsealclubbers in a way that is not funny any more.

It does not help either that the number of lowtier games with 3 CV per side grow steadily.

I am so glad, my daughter is at 1000 battles now and we dont have to deal with T4 level of bs***tery. Sorry to say.

But I miss the times where we just had some innocent fun with a Bogatyr, Kuma or Katori, just for the sake of it. Impossible now because of the high numbers of CVs.

He has a massive point and a moral point.

but that does not factor into WG thinking.  We have to come to peace with that or you will just frustrate yourself.

But those players got through this apparent "crap" and hence why we have 45% WR at tier 10.

But the system works for WG, else they wouldn't be doing it. 

• Cool 1

Players
10,857 posts
12,512 battles
2 minutes ago, Greyshark said:

Started in Belarus, moved to Cyprus for tax evasion. Lesta on other hand, studio responsible for game development is in St. Petersburg, Russia:cap_cool:

• Cool 4

[-SBF-]
8,315 posts
Just now, Panocek said:

Started in Belarus, moved to Cyprus for tax evasion. Lesta on other hand, studio responsible for game development is in St. Petersburg, Russia:cap_cool:

You wouldn’t call Volkswagen a Mexican company just because some of it’s cars are produced in Mexico, would you?

Players
3,890 posts
13,131 battles

The game doesn’t live of money coming from new players buying one premium ship and then quit, it exists and grows because of people who pays on regular basis.

I know more about life than you and your siblings ever will.  No disrespect intended.

Ok pal, no worries.  You have your own opinion just like mine.

Sorry, you said something about knowing little about life?

Bless him

• Cool 1

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,080 battles

People these days don’t pay for a good game anymore, or even try to improve at the said game.

they just throw credit card at it as hard as possible or any problems that they come across.

I mean , PR fiasco

now there is a lot of PRs according to stats at least(someone on reddit posted it) and at this point it’s clear they now only listen to spreadsheets.

[-SBF-]
8,315 posts
Just now, Redcap375 said:

I know more about life than you and your siblings ever will.  No disrespect intended.

Sorry, you said something about knowing little about life?

bless him

Your theories about frustrating clients willing to pay more shows that you know a lot indeed. My respect sir.