Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Dreadnought achievement

41 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
4,413 posts

Dreadnought

Receive damage exceeding 120% of your ship's normal HP from 4 or more enemy ships and survive the battle. Can be obtained once per battle.

should be changed to something else ... for instance:

Dreadnought

Receive damage exceeding 150% of your ship's normal HP from 4 or more enemy ships. Can be obtained once per battle.

Explanation...

People should be encouraged to fight not to run away.

Even if its merely a puny achievement that gives 5 signals (good ones imho), things like this MUST NOT encourage cowardly play.

I'have seen way to many battles thrown, because team simply turned around and "survived .. khm threw" the game, because it is encouraged by design. 

"Don't wanna die, because that is expensive in T10" is not the only reason for people to flee the battle.

• Cool 6

[UKMD]
Players
139 posts
3,307 battles

I'd rather have my teammates disengage to use their heals than to have them charge forward into enemy fire and die while the repair party is still on cooldown

besides I don't think players are making decisions based on the Dreadnought achievement anyways so this change wouldn't do anything

• Cool 2

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,876 posts
9,059 battles

Thinking that players "run away" because there is a possible achievement (from said player didn't even remotely know how it works) is funny, even for your standards...

• Cool 4

[1FA]
Players
353 posts
17,537 battles
10 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

"Don't wanna die, because that is expensive in T10" is not the only reason for people to flee the battle.

IIRC the increased cost for getting damaged or sunk was removed from the game years ago, exactly for this reason. Now the cost is fixed.

• Cool 4

[UNTO]
Beta Tester
113 posts
8,861 battles

The requirement to survive the battle is there for a reason. Everyone can play a piñata (and many actually do), but to tank damage for your team without being a burden by getting yourself killed, that's what should be rewarded.

• Cool 11

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,766 battles
23 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Service costs are fixed. Doesn't matter if you survive with 100% HP, 1%HP or die.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Operating_Cost

Only thing that will drive up your costs in a battle are using your guns, torps or planes.

• Cool 2

[1FA]
Players
353 posts
17,537 battles
8 minutes ago, TheBrut3 said:

Only thing that will drive up your costs in a battle are using your guns, torps or planes.

Be careful, or some potato might notice that... :Smile_child:

• Funny 4

[THESO]
Players
4,413 posts
26 minutes ago, Grimmblut said:

The requirement to survive the battle is there for a reason. Everyone can play a piñata (and many actually do), but to tank damage for your team without being a burden by getting yourself killed, that's what should be rewarded.

Well ... if you managed to get back 150% of your HP you did something right.

So the survive part has a negative effect for the common Joe, at least that's how they see it.

I am saying this only because I seen this (read) in battle chat this week.

Same goes for the costs... It might be fixed for us .... but for many (their opinion) it's not.

[YEBOI]
Players
292 posts
8,655 battles
49 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Dreadnought

Receive damage exceeding 120% of your ship's normal HP from 4 or more enemy ships and survive the battle. Can be obtained once per battle.

Dreadnought

Receive damage exceeding 150% of your ship's normal HP from 4 or more enemy ships. Can be obtained once per battle.

Explanation...

Do you honestly think the players that repeatedly abandon flank or run away even know what % of HP they need for Dreadnought and what rewards they get for each achievement? 

For most, clicking the mouse and breathing at the same time is already a challenge. 

• Cool 2

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,984 posts
28,646 battles

I doubt there is anybody out there who is "farming" Dreadnought achievements and probably many don't even know what are requirements. First you don't even know will you win Dreadnought until game ends. How will you know did you received damage of 120% of your health or that you are targeted by four ships and do all that while you are fighting? And if somebody received 120% damage and survived he probably still did something good, at least he draw all that fire from his teammates and didn't die which is more then you can say for average potato player. 

Also idea that people will change their playstyle to get Dreadnought is ridicules.  

• Cool 1

Players
372 posts
5,825 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Dreadnought

Dreadnought

Explanation...

Even if its merely a puny achievement that gives 5 signals (good ones imho), things like this MUST NOT encourage cowardly play.

I'have seen way to many battles thrown, because team simply turned around and "survived .. khm threw" the game, because it is encouraged by design. 

Aren’t there some ships whose heal would not be possible to heal that much?

[1FA]
Players
353 posts
17,537 battles
12 minutes ago, Rionnen_marksman said:

Aren’t there some ships whose heal would not be possible to heal that much?

And there are also ships that do not have the repair party consumable. But how is that relevant to this discussion?

BTW the Dreadnought is one of the heroic achievements (ie. same level as eg. Confedereate, High Caliber or Kraken Unleashed), thus I do not think it should be awarded only for dying spectaculary in a battle. ;)

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,766 battles
27 minutes ago, Yamashiro42 said:

BTW the Dreadnought is one of the heroic achievements (ie. same level as eg. Confedereate, High Caliber or Kraken Unleashed), thus I do not think it should be awarded only for dying spectaculary in a battle. ;)

Well with all the fire spamming (100% heal-able) both Dreadnought and Witherer shouldn't be heroic anymore.

It's a lot harder to get Liquidator or Unsinkable these days then Dreadnought or Witherer.

[SKRUB]
Players
557 posts
21,861 battles

Wow. [:o]

Since PR, people really want to make achievment harder ?

That... Strange ?

But hey, maybe it's right ! Achievement should push player to play better ! After all we are here to get those shinny medal, we are consumer, we need to be rewarded and...

...Yeah i find dumb to use reward as a teaching tool, for me they are bonus and free flag, push me to have the most of them during a battle and i start to play very bad.

[KAKE]
Players
2,737 posts
6,707 battles

Soo, you're basically suggesting that Dreadnought achievements should be handed out willy-nilly just for playing e.g. Nelson or Conqueror almost as badly as you want? :cap_old:

[RODS]
Players
1,502 posts
7,567 battles
5 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Dreadnought

Dreadnought

Explanation...

I think it is ok as it is, same with fireproof is ok too.

These "achievments" seem to mostly come with playing battleships but somtimes in high tier cruisers

The "running away" part I just dont understand, so you mean if there is 5 enemy ships on a flank against 2 would you suggest charging in ? I would try to kite away (running away ?)

If anything I would like to have some "prize" for tanking potential damage .

[THESO]
Players
4,413 posts

Please don't pin yourself too hard on dreadnought as it just one example where I think the conditions should be different or at least improved.

@Ronchabale

I never said that, I was talking about games that end by points when half of the loosing team is still alive, because they are too scared to take any damage. Has nothing to do with rushing a superior enemy force or kiteing.

Im just so sick of cowards in this game that in desperation I went over achievements searching for the ones that might encourage this kind of gameplay.

And I agree about an achievement for potential dmg. 100%.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,465 posts
20,571 battles

On the topic of achievements, remember that Liquidator exists?

I didn't either until I got one on the CN server.

"We're not nerfing flooding. In fact we're buffing flooding in a way." - WG

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[RODS]
Players
1,502 posts
7,567 battles
10 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Im just so sick of cowards in this game that in desperation I went over achievements searching for the ones that might encourage this kind of gameplay.

And I agree about an achievement for potential dmg. 100%.

Yeah, the cowards, haha, sitting at the back the whole game and charging in to die at the end when all is lost, seen that a thousand times

How about a "fine" for not tanking some potential damage in proportion to your health pool, less credits maybe ?

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,737 posts
6,707 battles

Liquidator could be changed to "sink an enemy ship by flooding" and it'd still be a pretty rare achievement nowadays :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 2

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,984 posts
28,646 battles
14 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I was talking about games that end by points when half of the loosing team is still alive, because they are too scared to take any damage. Has nothing to do with rushing a superior enemy force or kiteing.

But isn't that opposite of requirement for achievement, I mean if they are scared to take any damage how do you expect them to receive 120% damage of normal HP? If he is border hugging he could hardly get those requirements.

14 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

You can't force player to change play style by changing achievement requirements. If WG raise requirements for Kraken achievement to, let's say, 7 ship do you think that everybody now will start to fight even harder to get that. I seriously doubt. 

• Cool 2

Players
1,144 posts
23,331 battles
7 hours ago, principat121 said:

Thinking that players "run away" because there is a possible achiement (from said player didn't even remotely know how it works) is funny, even for your standards...

If I haven't already gotten the daily 10 flags for this achievement, I will intentionally hide my ship towards the end of battle if I can receive it. 100 less exp for 10 flags is a good deal. Same with fireproof and unsinkable - I will intentionally let the fires and flood last if I know there is no risk of dying, and I haven't gotten those flags that day.

[UNTO]
Beta Tester
113 posts
8,861 battles

It's a myth that players in WoWS are cowards. It's a fact, however, that WoWS massively discourages aggressive playstiles. In random matches, the team that plays more defensively - or plainly said camps - usually wins. BBs should be able to push into a flank and drive camping ships out of their smoke or away from the islands they are hiding behind. But in the current meta, that's simply suicide. Every Spamansk captain laughs at a BB that dares to crawl towards the Spamansk's fart bubble and begins to pelt it with gazillions of HE shells that destroy even a Yamato within a couple of minutes. And there's not just one cruiser firing.  If you don't push as BB, people yell at you for staying behind and shooting from the back. If you do push, no one follows you and after you got killed within minutes (or seconds), your team flames you for suiciding. WoWS is a game where cowards wins. 

[SHAFT]
Players
11,141 posts
9,500 battles
8 hours ago, nambr9 said:

The surviving ships from the losing side should detonate at the end of the match.

At this point, we should incentivize winning. Every achievement and reward should get checked, if winning should be a condition to receive that reward. People who dont want to win, can just GTFO.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[GWR]
Players
508 posts
9,046 battles

you can still get a Dreadnought award and not be a coward who runs away, maybe only if you win you should get it

Sign in to follow this