You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aldramelech

A small psychological insight for you WG

61 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,742 posts

Today I have opened my 12th bundle for tokens and obviously I can see what bundle 13 contains. In 13 bundles not one early access ship. 

So (speaking personally and for no one else obviously) this is what you have achieved WG. 

After the disaster of the PR event and feeling mugged off totally I was ready for yet another year long break from this game (and yes I have done that before) but when I saw the RN event I thought no, maybe they've actually learned something, the directives are comfortably possible even with a real life,  it shouldn't be too hard to play and get the ships/s a little early, it could be fun so I'll stick with it.

I should have known better. Now with every bundle opened I became more determined I wasn't spending a penny, with every milestone and mission completed for no early access (and this is an early access event, not much point with NO access is there?) I become more frustrated and fed up with having my time wasted which in turn just further increases my determination not to give you any money for this event. In fact after today my desire to play the game at all is greatly diminished.  

Is that the effect you were hoping for? Is that what you really want, to frustrate players to the point they just give up on the game totally? 

Clearly someone in your organisation is laboring under the impression that trolling players with the token bundles will make them give up and spend to get those ships early, well your very, very wrong. I doubt I'm the only one. 

• Cool 17
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 8

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles

WGs people only read Russian language forum, even though EU is the biggest server.

It s easier and they don t need translations.

• Cool 5

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,788 battles

I've opened 13 or 14 bundles and not a single ship so far.

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,862 posts
11,830 battles

It's a gamble to get one of the early access ships.  Like any gambling it's up to the individual to decide if they are willing to gamble or not.    I guess the odds of opening a bundle with a ship in it is unknown.

Also, I think with RNG the more bundles you open does not increase the chance of unlocking a bundle with a ship in it = unless WG have added such mechanics.   It's like drawing a card from a deck of cards in the hope of getting  an Ace (or even worse a specific Ace).   But after you've drawn your card it's put back in the deck.

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
852 posts
20,590 battles

Really? WG offers a free and almost effortless event where you, without spending money or without hard core grinding, you can have a CHANCE to get some early access to UK CA’s with permanent camo and port space. Otherwise you get some other small reward items...

And you still think you are entitled to receive one or more ships in the first half of the event because??? Sure one gets lucky and get the tier8 the first bundle.. some will be stuck with only T5 or none at all.. So if you get frustrated because you cannot accept that you did not receive a ship yet.. well that is entirely your problem..

Every sane persoon should ignore the doubloon version though ( maybe exception if first doubloon bundle shows a ship) and just cash in the token bundles that you can buy after just playing the game.

• Cool 12
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 4

Players
3,309 posts
14,059 battles

They will be free silver tech ships.... Just coz you don't have the patience to wait for the full release. 

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2

[SHAFT]
Players
9,552 posts
8,858 battles
3 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

Really? WG offers a free and almost effortless event where you, without spending money or without hard core grinding, you can have a CHANCE to get some early access to UK CA’s with permanent camo and port space. Otherwise you get some other small reward items...

TBH, i rather have no event then. This event is only there, so people spend doubloons for th premium bundles. Us thinking, people arent that dumb is wishful thinking. It must work, otherwise they wouldnt do it. WG playerbase be like: Hold my beer :cap_money:

• Cool 12

Beta Tester
913 posts
9,210 battles
2 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

And you still think you are entitled to receive one or more ships in the first half of the event because??? Sure one gets lucky and get the tier8 the first bundle.. some will be stuck with only T5 or none at all.. So if you get frustrated because you cannot accept that you did not receive a ship yet.. well that is entirely your problem..

Every sane persoon should ignore the doubloon version though ( maybe exception if first doubloon bundle shows a ship) and just cash in the token bundles that you can buy after just playing the game.

I don't think you understand that your time invested in the game means money for WG.

If there where no incentives for F2P players, the servers would litterally be as dead as EA's chance to win the game of the year award.

Back in the apocalypse event, WG wrote the chances of each perma camo drop in the random bundles. Now it's gone.

• Cool 7

Players
382 posts

I got the tier 6 from the third bundle for tokens and like with every other event of this kind I can’t wait to be able to sell her for credits

• Funny 1

[SINT]
Players
852 posts
20,590 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

TBH, i rather have no event then. This event is only there, so people spend doubloons for th premium bundles. Us thinking, people arent that dumb is wishful thinking. It must work, otherwise they wouldnt do it. WG playerbase be like: Hold my beer :cap_money:

True, I would prefer an introduction event without any money transfer possibilities. And in this case no one time special camo ( or these must be otherwise available) 

• Cool 1

[ROT8]
Players
98 posts
2,940 battles
35 minutes ago, Aldramelech said:

Today I have opened my 12th bundle for tokens and obviously I can see what bundle 13 contains. In 13 bundles not one early access ship. 

So (speaking personally and for no one else obviously) this is what you have achieved WG. 

After the disaster of the PR event and feeling mugged off totally I was ready for yet another year long break from this game (and yes I have done that before) but when I saw the RN event I thought no, maybe they've actually learned something, the directives are comfortably possible even with a real life,  it shouldn't be too hard to play and get the ships/s a little early, it could be fun so I'll stick with it.

I should have known better. Now with every bundle opened I became more determined I wasn't spending a penny, with every milestone and mission completed for no early access (and this is an early access event, not much point with NO access is there?) I become more frustrated and fed up with having my time wasted which in turn just further increases my determination not to give you any money for this event. In fact after today my desire to play the game at all is greatly diminished.  

Is that the effect you were hoping for? Is that what you really want, to frustrate players to the point they just give up on the game totally? 

Clearly someone in your organisation is laboring under the impression that trolling players with the token bundles will make them give up and spend to get those ships early, well your very, very wrong. I doubt I'm the only one. 

Pathetic whine. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 8

Beta Tester
1,742 posts
24 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

Nothing in this game is free or effortless.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,862 posts
11,830 battles
42 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

I got the tier 6 from the third bundle for tokens and like with every other event of this kind I can’t wait to be able to sell her for credits

Don't forget that you also get the slot in the dock - so not just credits.

• Cool 1

[BEER]
Players
59 posts
19,779 battles

Hi all

Got say I got lucky and picked up the Devonshire on my 3rd bundle, but I got to confess this constant drive by WG relating to freebies  and us the players expecting every thing for free is driving the game into a direction that makes me wonder if its worth it ..

• Cool 1

Players
929 posts
13,189 battles

I suppose early access events needed to evolve for economic reasons. If everyone got all of the ships there'd be less grinding and fewer resources sunk when the main patch hit. If no-one got ships then the MM would be choked full of those ships as people tried to grind the same ships at the same time.

Instead by introducing RNG they ensure that some people get some ships, some people get all the ships, and some people get none of the ships, to even out MM (ostensibly).

I think I was personally spoiled by last year's RN event as I got Icarus, Acasta, and Jervis in that order. Jervis right before the end, but enough time to play a few Dynamos. I think with the French DDs I just got the T5, the Premium, and enough tokens for the T7 and T8 perma camos. Then with the Italian Cruisers I was lucky (?) enough to get Montecuccoli, but none of the others. Although because of how much I played and a bit of luck I got Genova early and had enough tokens for all four perma camos.

Personally I was hoping for a re-run of that event with London as a main prize and the perma camos available for tokens. But I can understand the business reasoning and game balance rationalisations behind the change, and since it's all free can't complain too much. Just collecting and hoarding Coal as always in the meantime, waiting for 0.9.1 with XP on Danae already banked just in case.

If you expect nothing free then nothing will disappoint you. If you expect to be given everything and don't get it...that's on you, quite frankly. Sub_Octavian has stated that he regards Coal as the reward for constant playing as it's a currency the player can use to purchase a variety of stuff in the Armoury (although where they're going with RB tokens is beyond me. We don't need both).

• Cool 5

[SHAFT]
Players
9,552 posts
8,858 battles
6 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

I suppose early access events needed to evolve for economic reasons. If everyone got all of the ships there'd be less grinding and fewer resources sunk when the main patch hit. If no-one got ships then the MM would be choked full of those ships as people tried to grind the same ships at the same time.

I looked at some numbers earlier, and it doesnt seem to make much difference in that regard

It just moves it from T4 more to T6

Players
2,613 posts
18,810 battles
58 minutes ago, ROBBYD said:

Hi all

Got say I got lucky and picked up the Devonshire on my 3rd bundle, but I got to confess this constant drive by WG relating to freebies  and us the players expecting every thing for free is driving the game into a direction that makes me wonder if its worth it ..

It's not.

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,208 posts
8,511 battles

Hello,

I had Hawkins and Devonshire both available first in the bundles for me... clearly moderator bias. :Smile_trollface:

On a more serious note, yes these sorts of gambling mechanics and WG's, not brilliant, public relations do make things frustrating now and again. But it's important to know when it's best to take a step back and have a break, personally I've been playing a lot since Nov-Dec and it's starting to tire me a bit. Luckily Doom Eternal will be coming out soonish and I still need to finish Sekiro. So when I do get a bit tired and slow down, at least I can enjoy some nice single-player games.

Regards,

Minia

• Cool 4

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,520 battles

WG wants you to pay 1k doubloons for the 'premium bundles' or whatever they are called.

Even though so far I've seen many complains about low chances with those as well.

WG keeps miscalculating and shooting themselves in the knee.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

The only “early access”-events WG did somewhat right were the ones for the British BB’s (complete 1/3 stages, get guaranteed T3 upon release. 2/3=T3&4. 3/3=T3,4&5) and British CV’s (x tokens was a guaranteed T4 bundle, y tokens a guaranteed T6 bundle, z tokens+doubloons a guaranteed T8 bundle).

Everything else is an RNG crapfest and basically an insult to our intelligence and time/effort spent.  

I haven’t properly played since November (except knocking off snowflakes in co-op), and shenanigans like this make it very easy not to restart.

• Cool 2

[BODEM]
Players
750 posts
6,793 battles

Although I am in no means a WG fan at the moment, I think the OP is a bit overreacting here and greedy. These pre-techtree ship event are there only so you have a chance to get ahead in the techtree grind. Nothing more. You don't lose out on anything if you don't get these ships in the boxes."Yes, you do! You lose the time you have to grind up until the highest ship you get in the event". DO NOT mistake an extra bonus for a regular thing. It's totally fine to [edited] about promises WG ain't keeping or WG loving cash grabs, like the PR event and stuff. But that doesn't mean with all types of events you are entitled to everything it has as a prize.

This event is just a way to give you a head start at grinding the T10 of a line if you are lucky. Sure, it's a way for WG to do a cashgrab with people that are either dumb, rich or time-limited enough to buy lootboxes to get the ships. But this is a legit way IMO for a F2P game to get peope to play the game. Can it be frustrating? Yeah. Is WG cheating you out of anything? Not at all. Again, this is a bonus. The usual way is to get a new line and grind your way up to T10. It's only an pre-launch event to have a chance on a head start with the new line. Maybe you get something, maybe you don't. Just don't buy any lootboxes, ok?

Edit: Crossed timelimited and rich people out of my text. Those people have way more solid ways to get to T10 asap. So only dumb people buy lootboxes for techtree ships IMO.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1