Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
cracktrackflak

The new RN CLs dont have "propulsion mod2" baked in?

4 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
804 posts
9,038 battles

The old RN line of CAs (Leander, Fiji, etc) have engine performance equivalent to propulsion mod2 included, which is evident in their acceleration, etc.

However my experience with Devonshire and Albemarle seems to indicate that they do not have this feature - Albemarle in particular is very sluggish away from a standing start. I hadn't noticed any of the CCs or reviewers mention this aspect, so does anyone know for sure whether this is a feature of the RN CLs?

[SHAFT]
Players
9,508 posts
8,849 battles

Just for the record:

Old RN Cruisers are CLs. New ones are CAs.

And cant the CAs slot Propulsion mod 2 unlike the CLs, whicht cant slot that?

Players
1,619 posts
18,174 battles

I remember watching some CCs doing reviews on the new British heavy cruisers (Yuzral comes to mind as one who pointed this out) and correct they don't have propulsion mod 2 baked in. 

My suspicion being this because WG don't feel they need it, the light cruisers do need it seeing as they tend sit in smoke a lot where as the heavies appear to designed more around kiting and hard cover 

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
3,827 posts
15,743 battles

They don't have it. You don't really need it baked in - Albemarle's rudder shift is pretty quick (same as Edinburgh) and her turning circle small, so fit the Propulsion Mod and you'll be well equipped.

Sign in to follow this