Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Iolite

Alternative CV treatment

Alternative CV treatment   

48 members have voted

1. 1. CV's should be unlocked in the following way

• The current way, unlock the tier 3 DD to get acces to the CV line
    • To unlock the CV line of a nation you should have at least two tier 6 techtree ships of said nation
    • To unlock the CV line you require to have at least 700-900 battles
    • A new cv currency that's only obtainable by playing ships of a nation, which allows you to unlock the first CV of said nation once you have enough
    • A special XP bar that will unlock acces to the CV line once filled

43 comments in this topic

[K3RLS]
Players
292 posts
8,534 battles

In the current way CVs are to easy to unlock and play. To many people want to play cvs because of air superiority, especially in the lower tiers. And in higher tiers you usually get like two  cvs on each team. 

I know alot of people just want CVs gone. As any potato can pres wasd, not fill in their actual role (support fighters, spotting) and just go #### on targets they want. Usually dds as their AA has the least dmg output. 

RTS imo from what I've seen would still be way better way for the CV as it requires strategic game play. Instead of throwing an infinite amount of planes to the enemy. Till they die.

And I know cv rework gets talked about alot. But this is just a suggestion. Critism is always welcome. 

Unlocking the  CV branch by having two T6 Techtree ships in a nation

With this the player requires to unlock two T6 tech tree and have 10 matches won with them. Once this has been done the CV branch will be unlocked and the player can spend their xp onto the first CV.

Unlocking the CV branch by having a set amount of battles

The player will require to have at least 700-900 matches before getting acces to the the CV branch. After the set amount of battles is reached the player can now research the first CV of any nation. 

Unlocking the CV branch with special CV currency

Simular to the PR event, but we'll call them Research Tokens. And it's available throughout the lifespan of the game.

The player will gain Research Tokens only by playing Random battles with techtree ships of T4/T5/T6/T7/T8/T9/T10.

You'll gain a base of 10 tokens per match if you've played actively in the match. The amount of tokens can be increased by your performance in the match.

Let's say you survived and only got 20k damage you'll get 3 tokens.

But if you did 50k and and died you'll get 7.

And if you got 130k and survived you'll recieve 20.

For a win you'll get +5 tokens to the base amount of tokens, when you lose you get none extra. 

To unlock  and research a CV branch and its first CV of a nation you'll need 50 000 points. This will only unlock and research the first CV of the nation you picked. So choose wisely. As you need to regrind the 50k points to unlock another nation's cv branch. 

These tokens will only be required to unlock the T4 cv and are not needed for the T6/T8/T10 of the CV line. 

Unlocking the CV branch with a special XP bar

With this method the base xp you gain will be used to unlock the CV branch. It could be like a personal mission. It can also be just a progress bar besides the CV line. 

You'll need 750 000 base xp to unlock and get acces to all CV lines. And it's impossible to use Free xp to bypass it. 

My words on this topic:

Okay last two options I came with are absolutely ridiculous. Like that's way to much work. But I only made those too much cause we don't want it too easy for people to get acces to and play CV's. 

They don't require much if any skill anymore. And having dimwitts (like me) in them is a horrible experience for the team they are on.

This whole thing is just a way to procrastinate the time in which the new inexperienced players can get their hands on tools that easily can ruins game play for both sides of the battle field. 

By using this procrastination the players can learn more about how the game works and maybe be better players. Than any potato cvs are right now.

And yes I know they can still buy premium CV's that's "fine". Most CV's I've seen in battle are techtree CV's anyways. And only like 40% of wgs player base wil invest money into boats that aren't the best when there's a thing such as the Enterprise. And since GZ lost its rarity status the only ships they might buy are Saipan and Kaga. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[CAIN]
Players
4,363 posts
18,437 battles

None of the Options would actually really fix the issue fix CVs sadly, +1 for the effort tho. 

One Option i'm missing is: "To unlock CVs pls DL and install World of CVs", WGs latest game title. ^^

• Cool 13
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 2

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,960 battles
6 minutes ago, Sirius_IV said:

As any potato can pres wasd, not fill in their actual role (support fighters, spotting)

Your first error is thinking this is their actual role.

CVs are designed to be damage farmers, everything else is incidental.

• Cool 7

Players
6,328 posts
10,556 battles

Imo, CVs (as any other class aswell) should not be chained to process in the tech tree to get started. There should be a long, decent tutorial for each class, where you have to pass certain tasks, to be able to start playing the class. Easy.

• Cool 7

[CLTS]
Players
104 posts
5,249 battles
11 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

have to agree, with how ineffective fighters are at intercepting if they are not plopped down well in advance and the enemy CV is not desperate enough to fly into them... They cannot be used to save a DDs or other ships which comes under attack for example.

Spotting is yes, at the beginning of the round its wise to fly around exploring enemy positions, unless you bump into a DD and strike his health down... 

I personally would not change the way they are acquired (CVs) as once you are on T4 CV you face that their playstyle is tho closer to regular ships than in RTS but is still very different from any other ship classes.

We can hate on them all day long, CVs are a part, and the best defense against them is to stay in formation and aid DDs with CL and CA. (smolensk loves to melt planes)

• Cool 1

[K3RLS]
Players
292 posts
8,534 battles
6 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

giphy.gif.ade25b016a645c6fb26068394d0dbeb7.gif

Dissapointing 27k on average on GZ. Too much flak. 

Its funny when you get to absolutely demolish players than don't even change course to avoid an attack. 

But because I suck at dying I'll spot, drop fighters and attack in any non lethal situation. 

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[LADA]
Players
544 posts
8,401 battles

WG have made it plain that they want CVs to be playable by garden vegetables - thus the auto DCP, fighters, auto-pillock, ahem auto pilot, nerfing AA to the point that it doesn't do it's job (because WHY have Anti-Aircraft guns capable of shooting down aircraft?) and making it nigh impossible for a CV to engage an opposing CV. 

I think anything that makes CVs require effort to unlock or play is waaaay down their list of priorities. They're too busy working out new classes to screw up - homing torpedoes for those find aiming just a bit too 'challenging '. Movement controls might also possibly replaced by auto-pillock because pressing buttons really isn't catering to the target audience....

I think the best addition would be pulling T4 CVs altogether - let the wannabe sealclubbers go up against ships that can shoot back for a change. Just a thought.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3

[K3RLS]
Players
292 posts
8,534 battles
1 minute ago, Gvozdika said:

I think the best addition would be pulling T4 CVs altogether - let the wannabe sealclubbers go up against ships that can shoot back for a change. Just a thought.

This would be a very good first step. 

[COMFY]
Players
234 posts
2,500 battles

I can kinda understand why DCP and Fighter are Auto, but i dont understand why CV's :

• cant get Detonated
  • not burn for longer than 5 seconds while being the class that should be the most susceptible to it

The thing with Auto DCP etc is understandable for me because they would have to retreat all planes every time they get set on fire (which is 5 sec anyway ???)

Players
6,328 posts
10,556 battles
6 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

WG have made it plain that they want CVs to be playable by garden vegetables

Just want to say: this totaly cracked me up :Smile_teethhappy: If I would have been drinking my coffee right at that moment, I would have spilled it all over my keyboard & the monitor, no doubt ^^

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
407 posts
10,772 battles
49 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

not entirely but basicly yeah

but again a good CV player can and will do more

[YEBOI]
Players
292 posts
7,039 battles
49 minutes ago, Sirius_IV said:

In the current way CVs are to easy to unlock and play. To many people want to play cvs because of air superiority, especially in the lower tiers.

People (if you can call them that) play CVs in lower tiers to 1) grind and quickly move on (minority), 2) pad their otherwise questionable stats because what is even AA (majority), 3) make people cry and ragequit because their parents didn’t hug them as a child (minority). 

Nothing you've suggested, unfortunately, will counter the sealclubbers, unless WG a) removes T4 CVs entirely, so seal clubbers go back to T2-4 DDs, b) nerfbats T4 CVs into oblivion, or c) limits MM to 1 CV per side. 

None of this is happening because people will stop playing CVs in low tiers therefore making the rework a failure. Which WG will not allow. 

58 minutes ago, Sirius_IV said:

As any potato can pres wasd, not fill in their actual role

True for every potato regardless of the class. Straightlining BBs, DDs that suicide into enemy Radar / smoke. Cruisers that get blapped. Nothing new

1 hour ago, Sirius_IV said:

special CV currency

Simular to the PR event, but we'll call them Research Tokens. And it's available throughout the lifespan of the game.

Kindly stop giving WG further ideas on how to monetise (extort) the player base, thank you 😂 

1 hour ago, Sirius_IV said:

And yes I know they can still buy premium CV's that's "fine".

On the contrary, this is far from “fine”. Too often you see the most horrendous of all potatoes sail a T8 (or higher) premium ship, while their highest researched tech tree boat is a T3 South Carolina. Tirpitz/Derpitz has been a meme for so long it’s not even a meme anymore. Yoloing Massas, Alaska B hiding behind islands in spawn, Asashios trying to knife fight and torp enemy DD and then raging in chat that their torps just went through the DD without causing damage. 

The best thing that could happen to this game is if WG restricted purchases of premium ships unless you have at least 1 (or 10, or more) games played in any tech tree ship of same class and tier. Feel free to still buy those ships, but they will be greyed out until you’ve unlocked higher tier tech tree ships. 

But then again, will never happen bcs monetisation

• Cool 4

[YEBOI]
Players
292 posts
7,039 battles
52 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

Allow an occasional Friesland to hop into a 7v7 low tier match with 3x CVs in each side. Just for memes :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
114 posts
169 battles

Tier 4 CV's need to stay to show all incoming players the true face of surface to CV interaction. Everything else would be a lie to incoming players.

Sealclubbers are necessary to present the possibilities of advanced and skillful play.

Noone will improve if they don't get bested by elders.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[YEBOI]
Players
292 posts
7,039 battles

Incoming cries of everyone getting bested (gang r4ped) by Hosho “elders”

Dont worry guys, you’re not getting torp dropped every 30 seconds, you’re getting exposed to advanced and skilful play

lmao

• Funny 1

[LADA]
Players
544 posts
8,401 battles
2 minutes ago, Xi_Tian said:

Tier 4 CV's need to stay to show all incoming players the true face of surface to CV interaction. Everything else would be a lie to incoming players.

Sealclubbers are necessary to present the possibilities of advanced and skillful play.

Noone will improve if they don't get bested by elders.

What kind of logic is that? If new players in stock ships without AA are mercilessly crapped on every game it isn't 'presenting the possibilities of advanced and skilful play'. They won't improve if they give and go home because they're being used as target practice. What a load of crap...

It's like insisting your 5-yr old son plays vs. a team of adult professional football players - getting beaten over and over and over again.'It'll make him better to be bested by his elders!'. 

Do you by any chance work for the marketing department of WG? If not, you really should....

• Cool 1

Players
114 posts
169 battles
2 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

Do you by any chance work for the marketing department of WG? If not, you really should.... 

I thank you for your praise.

Since the marketing team attracts new players every day it indicates success. Therefore I believe I also will bring much success to WG.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[BIF]
Players
308 posts
4,585 battles

Maybe T4 Cv should be moved to coop, with some increased XP and credit earning. And / or lowered xp/ credit price on the T6's. This could be the learning curve, then from T6, randoms would be available.

• Cool 1

Players
6,328 posts
10,556 battles
35 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

What kind of logic is that?

Ah just ignore that guy. He cant even back up his claims and gets personal when asked to do so. How could he?

• Bad 1

Players
114 posts
169 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

Ah just ignore that guy. He cant even back up his claims and gets personal when asked to do so. How could he?

Quote me getting personal.

[CKBK]
Players
18 posts
9,826 battles

Why make things complicated, WG already solved the Tier 4 seal clubbing in CVs in RTS days. Just remove manual drops from T4 CVs :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,202 posts
7,648 battles
2 hours ago, Sirius_IV said:

In the current way CVs are to easy to unlock and play. To many people want to play cvs because of air superiority, especially in the lower tiers. And in higher tiers you usually get like two  cvs on each team. 

I know alot of people just want CVs gone. As any potato can pres wasd, not fill in their actual role (support fighters, spotting) and just go #### on targets they want. Usually dds as their AA has the least dmg output.

Umm.....

Man.....

Pls do me a Favor.

Before you start making Suggestions on a Class and its Requirements.

Pls at least halfwat Learn how that Class Works.

Fighters last 1 Minute and depending on CV will kill 10-30% of a Squadron assuming they dont Counterheal or Outrun the Fighters.

But to Drop them you need to Fly a Detour and as they only last 1 Minute the Enemy can just Change Target and then Attack again.

So attempting to Drop Fighters will pretty much Always. Cost YOU more than the Enemy.

Spotting is Importand yes.

And especially Importand is to do it properly by dropping fighters in spotting range but outside AA range.

Actually. 80% of the CVs are pretty bad at using wasd. They dont evade Heavy AA and they often miss drops even on targets that make no attempt to evade.

They really need way more training at wasd.

And Finally.

DDs are the Vanguards of a Team. If they Die or Fail to take Position. The Team will be at a Severe Disadvantage.

Targeting them is therefore the easiest and most Reliable Strategy to Win a Match.

Which is why. 90% of the Good CV Players will tell you to Focus DDs.

There is of course more skills required.

But that is advanced situational awareness and requires understanding the flow if a match.

Now. I sincerely Apologize for my Rudeness here. But I will be blunt and honest with you.

Hopefully you can forgive me for it as I dont mean any harm with this.

Man....

Any Competent CV Player looks at your Post. And will Immediately Scream out in Pain because its so incredible Obvious that you have no Idea of how that Class works that its physically painful to them to read this.

You effectively complaining about CVs being Bad at their Job really feels like a Mockery Man because you dont even remotely know how they work.

Pls. Take some time. Learn how CVs are Played. And then after that feel free to make a new Suggestion.

• Cool 6

Players
264 posts
13,759 battles
3 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Imo, CVs (as any other class aswell) should not be chained to process in the tech tree to get started. There should be a long, decent tutorial for each class, where you have to pass certain tasks, to be able to start playing the class. Easy.

I actually like this concept. Imagine how many less bad dd players we would have. Such a beautiful thought.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[UKMD]
Players
139 posts
3,127 battles

I don't get what you are trying to accomplish with these changes

all it does is slow down bad/new players without teaching them anything

people don't learn with time they don't know what to learn

most people don't know about overmatch because it literally isn't mentioned anywhere in the game

same with carriers

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this