Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yamashiro42

Should the daily missions be doable playing clan battles?

7 comments in this topic

[1FA]
Players
260 posts
15,905 battles

Hello, fellow commanders!

I would like to discuss an issue that I have with the fact that the daily mission chains currently cannot be completed by playing the clan battles. The thing is that with the limited time the players have each day to play the game, the current situations forces them to decide whether they help their clan to fill the CB rooster and allow the clan to participate in the clan battles or they say "Sorry guys, I have to grind my event tokens today", forcing the clan to miss CBs.

This is not the greatest issue with the current update 0.9.0 when the armory rewards for the tokens are quite uninspiring, but with the upcoming 0.9.1 grind for the new RN legendary commander this can become a serious problem, at least for our clan.

I humbly request WG to allow the daily mission chains to be doable by playing clan battles, therefore not forcing players into the choice whether to work on their personal time-limited grinds or helping their clan. If it not possible to implement the change immediately then please consider that from the update 0.9.1.

Thank you in advance, @MrConway, @YabbaCoe...

[WG]
WG Staff
3,959 posts
4,310 battles
10 minutes ago, Yamashiro42 said:

Hello, fellow commanders!

I would like to discuss an issue that I have with the fact that the daily mission chains currently cannot be completed by playing the clan battles. The thing is that with the limited time the players have each day to play the game, the current situations forces them to decide whether they help their clan to fill the CB rooster and allow the clan to participate in the clan battles or they say "Sorry guys, I have to grind my event tokens today", forcing the clan to miss CBs.

This is not the greatest issue with the current update 0.9.0 when the armory rewards for the tokens are quite uninspiring, but with the upcoming 0.9.1 grind for the new RN legendary commander this can become a serious problem, at least for our clan.

I humbly request WG to allow the daily mission chains to be doable by playing clan battles, therefore not forcing players into the choice whether to work on their personal time-limited grinds or helping their clan. If it not possible to implement the change immediately then please consider that from the update 0.9.1.

Thank you in advance, @MrConway, @YabbaCoe...

We raised this particular question to devs some time ago and we received a clear answer, that we don't expect any changes regarding counting Clan Battles results into directives or daily missions.

As you know, clan battles are a team effort, where everybody is cooperating to the result of the team, not personal achievements. It can happen, that for the purpose of the tactics some ships are sacrificed, or are forced to sail somewhere, where they usually wouldn't perform as good as they are used to in other modes. That is why everybody gets the same XP. Also participation in Clan Battles has their own unique rewards

I understand, how difficult it is, when you have just limited time to play, but you really want to help you clan during Clan Battles. It is about to find a balance between these to and to have more than seven active players, that can gather during playing time of Clan Battles. 

I wish to help you with this, but there is nothing planned to change with the issue, you raised. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
986 posts
11,563 battles
1 hour ago, YabbaCoe said:

We raised this particular question to devs some time ago and we received a clear answer, that we don't expect any changes regarding counting Clan Battles results into directives or daily missions.

As you know, clan battles are a team effort, where everybody is cooperating to the result of the team, not personal achievements. It can happen, that for the purpose of the tactics some ships are sacrificed, or are forced to sail somewhere, where they usually wouldn't perform as good as they are used to in other modes. That is why everybody gets the same XP. Also participation in Clan Battles has their own unique rewards

I understand, how difficult it is, when you have just limited time to play, but you really want to help you clan during Clan Battles. It is about to find a balance between these to and to have more than seven active players, that can gather during playing time of Clan Battles. 

I wish to help you with this, but there is nothing planned to change with the issue, you raised. 

While this answer sounds nice, players contribute to the victory in clan battles equally like they do in randoms. 

Not mentioning that the victory condition is pretty trivial and crappy, winning multiple CBs on a night- especially in gale and higher- should count towards these missions. 

• Cool 1

[1701]
Players
108 posts
13,089 battles

You guys will have to come up with a better excuse. Daily missions are x amount of xp or win battles and earn x amount of xp. You can't change the fixed xp income for victories, so the only thing a single player can do is try to help the team win. In what scenario is winning a bad thing for the team? 

[WG]
WG Staff
3,959 posts
4,310 battles
2 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

While this answer sounds nice, players contribute to the victory in clan battles equally like they do in randoms. 

Not mentioning that the victory condition is pretty trivial and crappy, winning multiple CBs on a night- especially in gale and higher- should count towards these missions. 

I fully understand, that it is super difficult to win in Clan Battles. I meant, that in randoms you are rewarded for your contribution for how well you actually performed. 

But still, we restarted the discussion about that with devs again. But I can't promise, that anything can come out from this discussion. 

• Cool 5

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,520 battles

Any battle mode should always count towards directives and daily missions.

That's the only logical way of doing things, especially for most players who have limited time for a game.

I won't even comment on such lame excuses given here, not worth commenting because they make no sense whatsoever.

• Cool 1

[1FA]
Players
260 posts
15,905 battles

Thanks @YabbaCoe for putting the matter to the devs again.

If they are stubborn enough to keep insisting that winning CB is easier than spanking bots in coops, the other workaround would be to make sure that clan battle seasons do not overlap with the events that include grinding limited-time currency. Though I suppose that this will be hardly acceptable to the marketing department... :cap_old:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this