You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Johnnywithoutanh

Game freezes for a second or two randomly in game

6 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
10,825 battles

I have not experienced this before but since the last update I am getting freezes every so often, they only last a second or so but are very annoying. Nothing in particular seems to cause it the only pattern I can see is it is only in game and not in port. Only the game freezes, I am normally watching something too or have something in the background which is unaffected. I had the game on an SSD, I reinstalled on an M.2 just to rule out drive speed/installation issues, I have tried forcing 64 bit mode, all have no effect on the problem. Hardware wise I am well in excess of what is needed to run the game and on Windows 10,1909 latest version and Nvidia driver 441.87. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it a known bug? Does anyone have a fix? Thanks.

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,520 battles

Have you checked the ping during those 'freezes'?

I bet the reason are ping spikes caused by WG servers.

If so, it's a known issue but WG has done nothing in the last month or so to fix it.

Players
2 posts
10,825 battles

It has been fine all day today, possibly related to the now fixed server issues? It was happening 10+ times a game before and now a good few hours of games and no hitching at all. 

Players
712 posts

I've had the game client crash on me mid-game twice so far in the last few days (seemed to start when the last micro-patch came on), although I noticed freezing a time or two before that (put it down to my awful ISP service to be honest).

Players
445 posts

Just the connection to WG crapped out not fit for service servers over their crapped out  not fit for service network, to a once enjoyable game now crapped out by accountants pushing for revenue, while crpape dout developers release buggy patches !!