You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Munchboii

British Cruisers Part 1 Random bundles

173 comments in this topic

Players
102 posts
2,993 battles

French destroyers we had the bundle system. But at least it has a limit of guaranteed win rate. 

Meanwhile, we have 1 bundle with guaranteed win rates BUT you must pay 1k doublouns. And we have 1 bundle which costs 20 royal navy points but unlimited chances. 

WG this is ridiculous. Over the last 6 months you have become such a broken greedy company. Why is the 2nd random bundle not limited like in the french destroyer event?? Come on WG how are we supposed to continue supporting your game if you punish your most LOYAL fans by making the grind worse. 

All we are asking is that in future, you but guaranteed slot chances on the RN token bundle. Because otherwise, why should I bother grinding? 

• Cool 10

[F_M_B]
[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,111 posts
6,597 battles
27 minutes ago, Munchboii said:

Why is the 2nd random bundle not limited like in the french destroyer event??

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich WG's world

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8
  • Angry 1

Players
739 posts

WG aren't listening, spreadshite says we making money from whales, for Vic and Vlad, be happy or Gulag for you comrade, PR event proved that, they have fingers in ears and heads up their backsides !

• Cool 9

[F_M_B]
[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,111 posts
6,597 battles

@Munchboii: Why do you ask question, if you don't like to hear the answer?

It is all about the money.

Unlimited "free bundles" without guarantee should motivate to buy the doubloon bundles with a guarantee (for a maximum of 65k doubloons).

It is really that easy: Money. Money, Money

• Cool 9

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
42 minutes ago, Munchboii said:

If the token bundle would be limited to 600/20 = 30 bundles (since 600 tokens is the maximum you can earn), you would get all 4 ships guaranteed, if you collect all of them.

If it would be limited, but wouldnt contain all 4 ships for everyone, then people would feel cheated compared to those, who have all 4 ships. And righftully so.

Either way, there would be no incentive to spend doubloons on the other bundles.

So you answered your own question basicly.

• Cool 2

Players
102 posts
2,993 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

If the token bundle would be limited to 600/20 = 30 bundles (since 600 tokens is the maximum you can earn), you would get all 4 ships guaranteed, if you collect all of them.

If it would be limited, but wouldnt contain all 4 ships for everyone, then people would feel cheated compared to those, who have all 4 ships. And righftully so.

Either way, there would be no incentive to spend doubloons on the other bundles.

So you answered your own question basicly.

The bundle system is terrible. I fear that we will not see a campaign or pick your side event like Soviet BB ever again! It's all about which event gets more money $$$$

Community does not matter :'(

• Cool 4

Players
366 posts
9,968 battles

I know WG deserve all the criticism they get but surely people must realise that if they wait a month they can get these ships for NOTHING!!!!!

If people are silly enough to buy these bundles to try and get "free" tech tree ships using hard cash, and considering the number of people who bought Puerto Rico there are many, then why should WG change their working practice, it's simple supply and demand economics.

• Cool 8

[THESO]
Players
9,071 posts
46,267 battles
10 hours ago, Munchboii said:

It was on Italian cruisers event with Genova not with the French. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Cool 2

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,457 posts
13,545 battles
6 hours ago, NipplesTheClown said:

WoWs has surpassed tanks in it's greed. I returned just to see the hype of Brit heavies and threw some cash around, played for tokens and about 30 bundles got the Hawkins.  Huge middle finger.  Wallet closed. 

So you came back, admittedly threw whole lot of cash at WG toward something you knew was a gamble with very poor odds (because we all realise how low it is, so low WG wont publish it), and are now giving WG the middle finger saying your wallet is closed?

I think you mean 'till next time' don't you? The only way we ever achieve anything is if we mean what we say when we say 'wallet closed', but most never do and WG know this. They don't care how upset we get, it's a known thing for customers to complain while dishing out their money....WG just wants the cash, they care little for the complaints or our welfare..They know the threats of 'not spending any more money' will always fall flat when the next enticing thing comes along.

• Cool 5

[SINT]
Players
1,314 posts
25,536 battles

Receiving those ships with ports and permanent camo is not a right!    Some people feel really entitled here. The missions are so easy that you can get between 20 to 25 bundles easy without hard grinding. Thats 25 times a shot at some silver ships. Or 25 times other mediocre prizes. Having guarenteed prizes by having say max 25 bundles makes the grind trivial. Or the dificulty of the missions must go up...Which will leeds to more whine.

be happy for receiving free gifts for almost no effort. If you are lucky you might get some ships, if not bad luck. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,457 posts
13,545 battles

I agree with you here JVD, but they're not free, time is a commodity that so many see as free because 'we're playing a game', 'having fun', etc and I guess it can be seen as relative to whoever is doing it for whatever reason, but the reality is it's not free, time is universally accepted as a valuable thing to trade..it's ours to give, but WG benefit from every minute you spend playing their game.

Their methods and mechanisms generate money for them, the trick they play is making us believe we're getting these things for free, but that's because we're only assigning monetary (cash) value to these 'free things', and money is not the only currency.

• Cool 2

[--]
Players
1,526 posts
21,728 battles

Thing that kind of annoys me is they announced this patch as: Update 0.9.0. British Cruisers and yet, after some 12 or so opened bundles I'm yet to get one.

For me, and others that didn't get a British cruiser yet if at all, this is just a patch with some game balance changes and tweaks and new season of CBs. This is not a British cruisers patch as I can't play them (the new ones).

• Cool 4

[OHFK]
Players
324 posts
8,440 battles
31 minutes ago, quickr said:

Thing that kind of annoys me is they announced this patch as: Update 0.9.0. British Cruisers and yet, after some 12 or so opened bundles I'm yet to get one.

For me, and others that didn't get a British cruiser yet if at all, this is just a patch with some game balance changes and tweaks and new season of CBs. This is not a British cruisers patch as I can't play them (the new ones).

They should rename the patch then:

Update 0.9.0 Sinking British Cruisers

There, I solved it :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[OHFK]
Players
324 posts
8,440 battles
41 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

I agree with you here JVD, but they're not free, time is a commodity that so many see as free because 'we're playing a game', 'having fun', etc and I guess it can be seen as relative to whoever is doing it for whatever reason, but the reality is it's not free, time is universally accepted as a valuable thing to trade..it's ours to give, but WG benefit from every minute you spend playing their game.

Their methods and mechanisms generate money for them, the trick they play is making us believe we're getting these things for free, but that's because we're only assigning monetary (cash) value to these 'free things', and money is not the only currency.

If you disagree with statements like "playing a game" and "having fun", it does make me wonder why you do play the game? No disrespect intended.

I personally look forward to grind the with the UK heavy cruisers. And I don't mind starting at T5, because I enjoy playing T5 and up.

Would it be nice to get a ship with premium cammo from this event: sure.

Will I be fine if I get none and have the get the entire line from the start: sure.

And I will still get flags/cammo's/stuff from this event, so I'm happy about that.

[HOO]
Players
2,312 posts
4,034 battles
11 hours ago, Munchboii said:

It's all about which event gets more money $$$$

Of course it is. the game is F2P

The servers and staff don't pay for themselves.

We want lots of content, and that costs money to develop.

So WG have to make money, they are not a charity. 

The problem I have is the ever increasing move down the P2W road. But as my post on the apparent monetary success of the PR event shows, the community can scream and shout all they want but people will still spend money.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
8 minutes ago, Zigiran said:

If you disagree with statements like "playing a game" and "having fun", it does make me wonder why you do play the game? No disrespect intended.

I personally look forward to grind the with the UK heavy cruisers. And I don't mind starting at T5, because I enjoy playing T5 and up.

Will I be fine if I get none and have the get the entire line from the start: sure.

And I will still get flags/cammo's/stuff from this event, so I'm happy about that.

I think it would be better not to have constant events/directives going on.

From a gameplay perspective, there is no reason to have early access ships. Its an offer, so they can sell them at the same time. Without the possibility to get them 4 free, people would say its money making, and without early access, WG couldnt cash in on techtree ships.

So for me, this whole event (as have been all the new techtree releases last year) is nothing but yet another cash grab + some little rewards, which i dont need anyway. The last event i really liked, was when Kuznetsov was available. I didnt want to go full in, so i got the Murmansk as a consolation prize. I liked that. But most other events are: Go full in (aka play every day), or get nothing special.

• Cool 2

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,457 posts
13,545 battles
33 minutes ago, Zigiran said:

I don't disagree with those things, never said so at all, I was using those phrases as examples for another purpose with reference to the concept of time spent playing. I agreed with most of what JVD said, just not the constant references people make to 'free' stuff which they advocate we should be grateful for when it's not free at all, it's give and take, we give time by playing and having fun, they maintain our interest by adding rewards for achievements, directives reached, time played...it's never free....under all of this is business, with no freebies. But sadly , and without prejudice, I think this relatively simple concept is hard for some to comprehend because they keep repeating the same mistake by using the phrase so blindly while still trying to persuade others its all free.

Time is relative and the value given to it is subjective, but irrespective of how people may see it, i.e. its my time, i'm enjoying myself, etc etc etc, it's still has the same value to WG, you are giving them your time by playing which you may value less (as entertainment compared to work) but which WG most likely value far far more, and maybe they bank on us not realising this and so maintain we get free stuff.

I think some of those that see it as free stuff often make themselves subordinate to WG in this way, a sense of trying to please them and thank them for free handouts, but we are not. You want me to play, and pay, then make it worth my while to stay. We can all have fun in the process.

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
[BBMM]
Players
7,485 posts
11,922 battles
18 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I think it would be better not to have constant events/directives going on.

From a gameplay perspective, there is no reason to have early access ships. Its an offer, so they can sell them at the same time. Without the possibility to get them 4 free, people would say its money making, and without early access, WG couldnt cash in on techtree ships.

So for me, this whole event (as have been all the new techtree releases last year) is nothing but yet another cash grab + some little rewards, which i dont need anyway. The last event i really liked, was when Kuznetsov was available. I didnt want to go full in, so i got the Murmansk as a consolation prize. I liked that. But most other events are: Go full in (aka play every day), or get nothing special.

Thing is though, it is FREE when you use the tokens. And when you get one of them, it comes with a free perma-camo.

I think it is not WG that is greedy... at least not this time... it is the REEE-brigade that is greedy.

As @Fat_Maniac pointed out, WG also needs to make money else the FTP players have no game at all.

So, if somebody wants to PAY to get early access, well, I'm not objecting.

Talking about being greedy, how about getting some credits from scrapping Puerto Rico.... 

After all that is what happened when ships did not get finished... sold off for the price of old iron. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
2 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Thing is though, it is FREE when you use the tokens. And when you get one of them, it comes with a free perma-camo.

I think it is not WG that is greedy... at least not this time... it is the REEE-brigade that is greedy.

As @Fat_Maniac pointed out, WG also needs to make money else the FTP players have no game at all.

So, if somebody wants to PAY to get early access, well, I'm not objecting.

Unless i dont get a ship, which makes me feel worse compared to not having an event at all? :cap_hmm: I wonder if people, who are unlucky with the free bundles are more inclined to spend money on the Doubloon bundles?

FOMO is stronk in WoWs :cap_money:

Not objecting, that WG needs to make money. Just think its getting rediculous, and they still get away with it. Aslong as people are spending money, WG will continue their road of money milking.

• Cool 3

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,223 battles

From a gameplay perspective, there is no reason to have early access ships.

I disagree. There is one, which was probably the original spirit of the early access events: the queues are not clogged with a ton of ships of the same class when the line is released.  By giving away a number of the medium tiers, ships are spread out among more tiers.

But as usual with WG, what could be a good idea turns into a crap show because of greed and incompetence. 

• Cool 5

[HOO]
Players
2,312 posts
4,034 battles
36 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Unless i dont get a ship, which makes me feel worse compared to not having an event at all? :cap_hmm: I wonder if people, who are unlucky with the free bundles are more inclined to spend money on the Doubloon bundles?

Not objecting, that WG needs to make money. Just think its getting rediculous, and they still get away with it. Aslong as people are spending money, WG will continue their road of money milking.

FOMO is very stronk in WoWS, WG time gating so much content heightens players anxieties.

WG will get away with their antics, as long as enough people keep paying. I think we in this forum are in the minority when it comes to really understanding the mindset of the majority of the player base these days, and the ease with which people will open their wallets for WG. Lots of forumites have been here from the beginning, unfortunately the game and the target audience WG are aiming for seem to have moved on.

• Cool 2

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
20 minutes ago, JapLance said:

I disagree. There is one, which was probably the original spirit of the early access events: the queues are not clogged with a ton of ships of the same class when the line is released.  By giving away a number of the medium tiers, ships are spread out among more tiers.

But as usual with WG, what could be a good idea turns into a crap show because of greed and incompetence. 

Not sure if it makes that much of a difference, just been looking through old Maplesyrup data, and compared PA DDs to French DDs

PA DDs upon first week release

image.png.026c4c0b47a0e3cb2ab8540b3961cbf9.png

French DDs upon release after early access (9 early access, TX not available)

image.png.48847284d31c172b63d53ec40471ad4e.png

Less lowtier, but higher concentration at T5-T7

[BBMM]
[BBMM]
Players
7,485 posts
11,922 battles

Yes, people don;t think much. I think it is a lottery, part of the tickets you get free.

Part of it you buy lottery-tickets, but if you buy it you're basically paying the perma-camo/slot. 

Hell people might even be chuffed paying the lottery ticket... not realizing they paid for the camo. :Smile_trollface:

Well yeah. That said, they DO provide lots of "free"content like coal/steel ships and other stuff (sometimes useless but hey).

And I don't mind them leeching from fat whales. I just hope they don't chase away all of them. Extinction is a bad thing. 

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,223 battles
46 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Not sure if it makes that much of a difference, just been looking through old Maplesyrup data, and compared PA DDs to French DDs

PA DDs upon first week release

image.png.026c4c0b47a0e3cb2ab8540b3961cbf9.png

French DDs upon release after early access (9 early access, TX not available)

image.png.48847284d31c172b63d53ec40471ad4e.png

Less lowtier, but higher concentration at T5-T7

As I said, it was a good idea, but poorly implemented. And it's become even worse lately, as earning money now is the main point of the event instead of trying to solve a problem.