You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bigdoguk

Nikolay Kuznetsov

28 comments in this topic

Players
320 posts

Hi I've got about enough to buy him for coal is he really worth it though what's your opinion please.

Thanks.

6,029 posts
10,428 battles
1 minute ago, bigdoguk said:

is he really worth it though

Short answer: Yes!

Long answer: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Elaborate answer: A captain with special perks that get activated as soon as you took enough damage, so he's a first class BB captain, because as a BB your job is to tank (and subsequently take) damage for your team.

• Funny 4

[CAIN]
Players
4,346 posts
18,390 battles
4 minutes ago, bigdoguk said:

Hi I've got about enough to buy him for coal is he really worth it though what's your opinion please.

Thanks.

Yes, he is. 

This captain is a bit on the OP side compared to other captains. 

Best part, you can put him in ANY ship and Benefit. 

[KANON]
Beta Tester
7 posts
5,628 battles

If you are not interested in any of the available coal ships at the moment, and you enjoy playing the Soviet BBs, yes, absolutely. He has saved my :etc_swear: quite a lot of times..

• Cool 1

Players
114 posts
169 battles

Get him only if you are sure to play many games in the respective nation. It's a lot of coal to spend.

He is worth it.

[KOKOS]
Players
445 posts
6,331 battles

He is a good captain and his (really easily triggered) skillset makes him especially well suited for battleships. If you find yourself playing those boats regularly, I say go for it. :)

What I am asking myself (and sorry for hijacking your thread): Will Ovechkin make a return? I missed him when he was on sale, but he would make a fine captain for DDs or a CV, with his boosted SE skill.

Anyone knows something?

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,579 battles
37 minutes ago, genosse said:

He is a good captain and his (really easily triggered) skillset makes him especially well suited for battleships. If you find yourself playing those boats regularly, I say go for it. :)

What I am asking myself (and sorry for hijacking your thread): Will Ovechkin make a return? I missed him when he was on sale, but he would make a fine captain for DDs or a CV, with his boosted SE skill.

Anyone knows something?

he was on sale once already, so I think he'll return once or twice a year ... I have the USN version, but I'd love to buy the other 2 ...

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
3 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

This captain is a bit on the OP side compared to other captains

FTFY, while still being very conservative.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SV]
Players
685 posts
11,312 battles
14 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

he was on sale once already, so I think he'll return once or twice a year ... I have the USN version, but I'd love to buy the other 2 ...

you seriously would spend 50 euros on a captain.............. wow thats insanely stupid.(sorry but its true) altough i guees you could spend 4 euros buy a container and get the free 1 from the collection !

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,579 battles
35 minutes ago, albin322 said:

you seriously would spend 50 euros on a captain.............. wow thats insanely stupid.(sorry but its true) altough i guees you could spend 4 euros buy a container and get the free 1 from the collection !

Ovechkin is bi-nation ... so you have ONE 19 point captain that you can use on 2 nations ships ... that there makes it unique and desirable ...

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,171 posts
6,283 battles

To me this dude feels almost mandatory on Kremlin if you play randoms in it. I think Ive used his perk 80% of my games by now.

[SV]
Players
685 posts
11,312 battles
4 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Ovechkin is bi-nation ... so you have ONE 19 point captain that you can use on 2 nations ships ... that there makes it unique and desirable ...

still overpriced as hell. and people cry about the pr event its cheap compared to that capitan. 

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,860 posts
11,731 battles

I have him trained up on the Smolensk.    I've been in some games where the 20% dispersion to enemy shots has kicked in and the result was "how did I survive that" then I realized what had happened.

Keep in mind that the perks (? - the ones that are triggered rather than enhanced skills) don't work in clan battles.

Players
9,813 posts
11,484 battles

Kuznetsow is tailor made for Kremlin, so you can experience the most bias per ship tonnage in this game

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
Players
231 posts
9,219 battles
8 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

There are 3 different Ovechkin captains: RU, US and bi-national. You can get the US one from a collection, just buy the first container.

[THESO]
Players
953 posts
8,482 battles
14 minutes ago, Gebe_ said:

There are 3 different Ovechkin captains: RU, US and bi-national. You can get the US one from a collection, just buy the first container.

Where to buy the container? Can't see in armory or shop??

[THESO]
Players
953 posts
8,482 battles

Broken indeed. But I still doubt he worths as much as a T10 ship (with coupon) 

I would go for him if I had all the ships I I'm interested. 

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,720 posts
10,119 battles
19 hours ago, bigdoguk said:

Thanks.

Kuznetsov is overly broken as most of the latest russian content added into the game.

Put him in your Kremlin, or stalingrad, and make your broken ship uber broken.

But the question is, since his talents does not work in competitive environment,

how important randoms are for you.? how good a player you are? how can you use those talents for your advantage in randoms.

Because, 175K coal is a bloody rip off.. a theft if you ask me..

Just keep collecting it and get a thunderer to yourself..

a much much better investment..

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
389 posts
7,958 battles
21 hours ago, bigdoguk said:

No commander is worth 175k coal imo. Get the coal ships and if you have them all wait for the new releases.

[LEEUW]
Players
433 posts
6,925 battles

I would say; Yes, if you play a lot of Russian BB's or Stalin in Randoms.

But personally i'd get Thunderer, Smolensk and Georgia first. When i have those i would take a look at Kuznetsov and Lütjens, but compared to the ship prices they are way too expensive. 80-100k would be a fair price, since Doe, Dunkirk etc. are 35k coal.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,769 posts
19,411 battles

How to balans Kuznetsov:

Spoiler

c0IWUaq.png

EAVBsb6.png

Su1xCGE.png

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,642 posts
10,063 battles
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

How to balans Kuznetsov:

Reveal hidden contents

c0IWUaq.png

EAVBsb6.png

Su1xCGE.png

:Smile_trollface:

Video of this shall not go to YT, but LiveLeak instead.

• Funny 1