You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RamboCras

Getting overrun, or overrunning the other team....

158 comments in this topic

[VLOOT]
Players
257 posts
18,208 battles

Is it me or is the amount of overrunning increasing more and more?

It's sometimes hard to do any significant damage because the other team is gone already and the game is over. Teams with 7-8 ships under the 500-600 points. Or half the team has gone in under 6-7-8 minutes.

It seems that every patch (this patch with steroids for the Hindenburg) it gets worse. I feel the whole meta of having a good exciting game that is thrilling till the end is almost gone.

In my opinion:

- CV play is still broken. They don't do much damage (except for DDs, there it's massive) but can spot the entire map with their incredible speed.

- Spam ships are introduced more and more in the game, Benham, Kleber, Mino, Worcester, Colbert, Smolensk, Haregumo, Kitakaze, Mogador and now also Hindenburg has become one.

- On the other hand, ships are so nerved they go from very good to average or bad. Ship people grinded hard for to get and now suddenly have a lesser portfolio of ships.

- Fire to ships is getting more and more a damage dealer compared to AP or Torps. In the old days, you feared mainly the ZAO but now there are SO many firestarters.

- Introduction of OP ships (other than the spam ships) like Stalingrad & Kremlin

I know WG has the tactic of sometimes totally changing ships function so people will spend gold or currency to respec ships and captains but I am beginning to think that that strategy is now influencing the game increasingly in a negative way.

• Cool 17

[SHAFT]
Players
9,539 posts
8,850 battles
31 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

- CV play is still broken. They don't do much damage [...]

- Spam ships are introduced more and more in the game, [...]and now also Hindenburg has become one. 

2knG7Fl&key=17971f62e1cd48c7dc5d5da7423c

31 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

Benham, Kleber, Mino, Worcester, Colbert, Smolensk, Haregumo, Kitakaze, Mogador and now also Hindenburg

Benham: 16 torps

Kleber: Reload booster

Mino: 3,2 sec reload

Wooster: 4,6 sec reload

Smolensk: 4,5 sec reload

Colbert: 3,5 sec reload

Harugumo: 3 sec reload

Kitakaze: 3 sec reload

Mogador: Reload booster

Hindenburg: 9,8 sec reload

:cap_wander:

So Hindenburg always was a spammer ship (before the nerf), because thats its old reload +0,2 sec.... Hindenburg now has barely more HE dpm than Zao btw. With worse dispersion and lower fire chance, but more pen

ofc.

On steamrolls, i agree with you

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,206 posts
7,652 battles
12 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

Is it me or is the amount of overrunning increasing more and more?

It's sometimes hard to do any significant damage because the other team is gone already and the game is over. Teams with 7-8 ships under the 500-600 points. Or half the team has gone in under 6-7-8 minutes.

It seems that every patch (this patch with steroids for the Hindenburg) it gets worse. I feel the whole meta of having a good exciting game that is thrilling till the end is almost gone.

In my opinion:

- CV play is still broken. They don't do much damage (except for DDs, there it's massive) but can spot the entire map with their incredible speed.

- Spam ships are introduced more and more in the game, Benham, Kleber, Mino, Worcester, Colbert, Smolensk, Haregumo, Kitakaze, Mogador and now also Hindenburg has become one.

- On the other hand, ships are so nerved they go from very good to average or bad. Ship people grinded hard for to get and now suddenly have a lesser portfolio of ships.

- Fire to ships is getting more and more a damage dealer compared to AP or Torps. In the old days, you feared mainly the ZAO but now there are SO many firestarters.

- Introduction of OP ships (other than the spam ships) like Stalingrad & Kremlin

I know WG has the tactic of sometimes totally changing ships function so people will spend gold or currency to respec ships and captains but I am beginning to think that that strategy is now influencing the game increasingly in a negative way.

Yes. Currently the Teams are Horrible unfortunately. Its getting very hard to have a Meaningful Impact on the Match. Because within 5 Minutes usually Half of one Team is Dead thanks to just doing a Yolo Contest.

Leaving the other Half of the Team that lost the Yolo Contest at a Severe Disadvantage for any real Fight.

Hence either you Win while barely doing anything cause the Enemy is Roflstomped and your Team is effectively Fighting over who can get some Damage done of what little remains of the Enemy.

Or you Lose with no Chance to turn Tables because your Surrounded and Outnumbered 2 to 1 and often lose by Points before even being Killed....

I am not even sure why. The Event is not very Grindy. So you would not Expect tons of Yolo Players.

But for some reason currently there is a Crabton of Players who apparently just want to Play 100 matches in under 2 Hours and thus cant be bothered to be Alive for more than 2 Minutes per Match...

• Cool 9

[-LA-]
Players
663 posts
4,795 battles

dont think the event has made much difference, its always like this to a degree , it may well be getting worse ie had loads of games last week where one team or the other got 0 kills. seems to me you play t10 for the cool ships but if you want an interesteing game best to stick to t5-7.

it seems fairly logical to assume that Tx players are on average the most experienced , the better shots and thier in the most dangerous ships. the survivability does not scale with that damage so the dispartiy grows, each loss has a bigger affect at that tier, longer ranges bigger maps more people drawing line of sight on each camped corner all compound it and you end up with an extremely snowbally situation

also seems to be an attitude split to me. it just seems like tx has more players who think its a long drawn out tactical game , and the lower in tiers the more the opinion is its an arcadey 20 min game and you just jump into a diff shp if you get sunk in. this camping at range is boring the crap out of me , im never gonna get any support from this team till the time runs out , F it yolo!

• Cool 5

Players
1,483 posts
14,041 battles

When you:

- keep introducing more and more powerful ships with insane amounts of firepower and gimmicks;

- keep the economy very forgiving and literally encourage skipping tiers

This is when you get fertile ground for these roflstomp matches. A problem entirely of WG's making. Don't blame the guy that has 200 battles and is playing t9/10. Blame WG for letting him.

• Cool 24

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,767 posts
16,610 battles

Well, do you know what wins games? Spotting. And do you know what provides spotting? DDs (usually). And do you know what kills DDs fast? Any combination of spotting (CV, radar, other DD) in combination with either a) a rapid firing or b) hard hitting and well camouflaged enemy support ship (either natural camo or smoke). And once DDs are down things usually go south very quickly.

Now take a look at the ships and lines that have been introduced recently. "Spammers" and "ambushers" do not work versus BB only.

• Cool 12

[PARAZ]
Players
2,591 posts
12,846 battles
16 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

And do you know what kills DDs fast?

Having braindeads play them

• Cool 13
  • Funny 11

Players
470 posts
8,455 battles

patience is very important, you can't win a game in the first 2 minutes but you can pretty much lose it, seen too many BBs run because they have been shot at and the inevitable collapse of a flank leaving you kiting away tail between your legs, worst thing is these games are never enjoyable on either side, i don't mind losing a hard fought closely contested game

• Cool 4

[TS1]
Players
658 posts
8,162 battles
3 hours ago, Saiyko said:

These days? Having players with slightly below average skill play them would be plenty enough a lot of the time.

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Players
2,591 posts
12,846 battles
5 minutes ago, Runegrem said:

These days? Having players with slightly below average skill play them would be plenty enough a lot of the time.

Yea.

While all the overwhelming anti-DD bullshite that has been introduced has made a lot of people (including me) stop playing DDs, in general I see most DDs dying out of mere stupidity. A shima picking a fight with a kitakaze, a fletcher smoking up in front of an alaska, etc etc.

For the other CV players out there, what would you say the amount of DDs is that don't turn off their AA? I'd say 90-95%

• Cool 3

[SHAFT]
Players
9,539 posts
8,850 battles
2 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

For the other CV players out there, what would you say the amount of DDs is that don't turn off their AA? I'd say 90-95% 

DDs that i encounter while playing CV? Yeah 90-95%... that have their AA OFF! and 50% of those use sector after i pass over them to spot, then press P again to go dark when i turn around (unless i popped a fighter).

For DDs on my team? Yeah, 90-95% seems correct :cap_haloween:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 5

Players
3,220 posts

Even the king of potatoes such as I, am finding this, standard battles no one knows where to go (myself included:Smile_veryhappy:) and the maps with caps, people either bunch up in one area, whilst the red team tactically  or go to either A or C, ignoring B altogether, always interesting in a CV for you just know some sneaky DD is coming for you, frustrating most of the time you end up just trying to do what you can.

[LUZ1]
Players
573 posts
11,241 battles
5 hours ago, Saiyko said:

Indeed because brain-deads playing CVs, BBs or cruisers does not impact the game so much :cat_cool:

Players
320 posts

Won 3 lost 8 bbs all staying in one block not supporting caps,chasing ships instead of supporting others trying to take cap,cv fun police picking on dds trying to cap,dead players telling others what to do even though they went in and yo loled,from my year off its got terrible and now I'm just playing each day to get my coal.

• Cool 2

[UA-NF]
Players
319 posts
6,010 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, RamboCras sagte:

Introduction of OP ships

do you know any other way to keep players interested in new ships other then powercreep? Do you maybe have any suggestions to what a new ships should look like that they aren't OP, and just have some different playstyle, so someone is interested in them? Different playstyle from 30 ship lines already present in the game? Cause what I see WG already tried most reasonable combinations of speed/tank/utility/firepower. And now they are going to extremes, cause everything else is already in game. Extreme fast destroyers, insane DPS glasscannons. And ships that are just so-so, like italians, nobody's interested in them, nobody's paying money. Venezia/Amalfi are good, but not good enough to make players grind italian line, for just a good ship, there are many other good ships in game already.  Playerbase isn't interested in anything that is not OP, so WG makes OP ships.

[TS1]
Players
658 posts
8,162 battles
2 hours ago, Saiyko said:

While all the overwhelming anti-DD bullshite that has been introduced has made a lot of people (including me) stop playing DDs, in general I see most DDs dying out of mere stupidity. A shima picking a fight with a kitakaze, a fletcher smoking up in front of an alaska, etc etc.

It also seems like some have just given up hope of doing anything in a DD, but still insist on playing them, like the Kleber (or one of the other FR DDs) that rushed my Grozovoi without even shooting. That was right in front of a few cruisers and a BB or so from my team. Still did most of the damage to him; warning sign from my team right there. Then an enemy Shima tried to smoke up and sit within spitting range of me. A few torps his way and the enemy was down two DDs in the first few minutes. But even after that I still couldn't carry my team to victory since they just melted.

2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

DDs that i encounter while playing CV? Yeah 90-95%... that have their AA OFF! and 50% of those use sector after i pass over them to spot, then press P again to go dark when i turn around (unless i popped a fighter).

For DDs on my team? Yeah, 90-95% seems correct :cap_haloween:

I'm not sure about the best way to deal with planes even in the Grozo these days. I try to keep AA off if I'm not near allies, but if I'm near them or if I'm going loud I have it on. Once I'm spotted I turn it on full blast though, DAAF and sector reinforcement. Not sure exactly how effective it is these days, but it's what I feel I can do. That sound like a good tactic?

Also, as a CV player, can you see if someone has sector reinforcement on? Or DAAf for that matter?

[SHAFT]
Players
9,539 posts
8,850 battles
3 hours ago, Runegrem said:

Also, as a CV player, can you see if someone has sector reinforcement on? Or DAAf for that matter? 

Im not 100% sure, but i think, sector reinforcement spawns more tracers, and DefAA makes them red (which is pretty hard to see imo). For some reason, i can see it better in OPs when i play a CV there.

• Cool 1

Players
9,850 posts
11,562 battles
3 hours ago, Runegrem said:

Red tracers - sector

Red flak - DFAA

• Cool 1

[-LD-]
Players
196 posts
7,769 battles
1 hour ago, Camperdown said:

Nothing but retarded teams tonight, it was painful :cap_win:

It was incredible tonight. After 5 matches, it seems there was a server issues and got booted out. Used the opportunity for a fat alt+f4.

Of the 5, in 3 I suffered steamrolls. Two straight matches, my team wasn't able to take out a single ship.

• Cool 1

[UA-NF]
Players
319 posts
6,010 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, optimal_909 sagte:

It was incredible tonight. After 5 matches, it seems there was a server issues and got booted out. Used the opportunity for a fat alt+f4.

Of the 5, in 3 I suffered steamrolls. Two straight matches, my team wasn't able to take out a single ship.

many players in my match, me included, got booted too

[VLOOT]
Players
257 posts
18,208 battles

😰
23 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Hindenburg: 9,8 sec reload

:cap_wander:

So Hindenburg always was a spammer ship (before the nerf), because thats its old reload +0,2 sec.... Hindenburg now has barely more HE dpm than Zao btw. With worse dispersion and lower fire chance, but more pen

ofc.

My Hindenburg has a reload of 8.6, range 17.8k and able to have a spotter plane, fire chance of 12%. With IFHE I can do 6k damage every salvo. Check out Flamu's video about the new Buffs. I have been in games where the Hindenburg ruled the game. Or watch Panzerknacker video where he does 372k damage in the new set up.

[VLOOT]
Players
257 posts
18,208 battles
23 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Yes. Currently the Teams are Horrible unfortunately. Its getting very hard to have a Meaningful Impact on the Match. Because within 5 Minutes usually Half of one Team is Dead thanks to just doing a Yolo Contest.

Leaving the other Half of the Team that lost the Yolo Contest at a Severe Disadvantage for any real Fight.

Hence either you Win while barely doing anything cause the Enemy is Roflstomped and your Team is effectively Fighting over who can get some Damage done of what little remains of the Enemy.

Or you Lose with no Chance to turn Tables because your Surrounded and Outnumbered 2 to 1 and often lose by Points before even being Killed....

I am not even sure why. The Event is not very Grindy. So you would not Expect tons of Yolo Players.

But for some reason currently there is a Crabton of Players who apparently just want to Play 100 matches in under 2 Hours and thus cant be bothered to be Alive for more than 2 Minutes per Match...

are they really yoloing though? I see players keeping a reasonable distance but because of all the spam ships in the game, a reasonable (15k) distance is close enough to get you melted with 90 seconds....

• Cool 2

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
933 posts

Just wait for the day when they put in the new easy to balanz class of ships.

If u think gameplay is bad now……….just imagine the same playerbase trying to play subs or Counter them.

Yeah...…..