You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bear__Necessities

Kremlin AA nerf

57 comments in this topic

Players
3,295 posts
14,054 battles

So, the Kremlin AA nerf is actually quite brutal lol. I mean, it's only a nerf if a CV is in a game, but if it is, well.... 

It's now worth it to spam HE more at a Kremlin early and for CV's to attack them late game as by then, your AA is none existent. This game shot shows that by this stage in the game I had almost NO AA left. And that was without any focus from the CV. Soon after, the CV had free runs on me and whittled me to death. I mean, it's not what I would have nerfed, but WG show yet again they can only hammer stuff rather than refine actual issues.

1682673207_KremlinAAnerf.thumb.png.f0e360971c0fff4ab942136a3863e607.png

Pretty much every CV game went the same. AA taken away, quick and early with almost none left when it comes to mid late game. So, it's actually another Buff for T8/10 CV's.... like they needed another buff. 

• Cool 10
  • Funny 3
  • Angry 1

Players
114 posts
169 battles

Kremlins AA indeed is now just decoration. A few rocket strikes are most times enough to prepare it to assume it's role as a throughout bombing target

• Cool 1

Players
2,569 posts
11,389 battles

Weren't russian BBs suppose to have weak aa in the first place? :Smile_hiding:

WG is just making sure they really have weak aa now :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
330 posts
8,836 battles

AA mount HP is basically decreased by 50% right? Here's what I do: I mount Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1 instead of Main Armaments Modification 1. This kind of counteracts the nerf. Meanwhile, your main guns have pretty amazing survivability as-is, so it's a win-win (until, inevitably, a Thunderer lands 4 shells on you and strips you of all AA anyway :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ).

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
3,159 posts
3,608 battles

It is good to see how Wargaming have now addressed the problem of not being able to say that they have nerfed the op Kremlin, without having addressed any of those core issues that made the Kremlin op to begin with.

Five year plan to stockpile coal for Kuznetsov and then free xp the Kremlin still going on as projected, Comrade.

:Smile_bajan2:

• Cool 3

Players
3,130 posts
10,565 battles

1) 1 - 3/4 (my guess) games no CV anyway. 

2) Simply mount auxiliary arm, the main gun NEVER get taken out anyway ( i did even before the nerf)

So as nerfs go, it's pathetic. 

AA doesn't matter anyway as a CV can hit you no matter what. If WG want to look like they are nerfing things but arnt, then hit the AA.  It's a easy win. 

• Cool 1

Players
114 posts
169 battles

There is a difference between striking a Kreml twice with HE Bombers for 40k and one perma fire

And striking it 4 times for 60k with 3 perma fires with the same squadron.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,159 posts
3,608 battles
38 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

They might nerf the Kremlin more... if and when the Slava comes out..

If the Slava is anything like the Pobeda that was reviewed by Flamu last spring, it will make the Kremlin seem less op by comparison.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester
51 posts
4,605 battles
7 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

If the Slava is anything like the Pobeda that was reviewed by Flamu last spring, it will make the Kremlin seem less op by comparison.

Slava is Pobeda literally

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,159 posts
3,608 battles

According to what Jingles said in one of his recent videos, even the Russians believe there is a Russian bias in the game. But they believe it is tilted against the Russian ships, and they take such ships as the Kléber and (presumably) the Henri as examples of this.

Which just goes to show how perceptions can differ. Me, I never used to take any of those recurring claims of Russian bias seriously, since Russian ships have been consistently less versatile than many of those of other nations (I am looking at cruisers and destroyers here, especially). But with the advent of such ships as the Kremlin and the Smolensk, I am less inclined to profess disbelief.

[HAMAR]
Players
351 posts

But with the advent of ships like Thunderer. Is that a Royal Navy bias? 

Hardly a Russian bias

It was stupid to nerf AA on Kremlin that hard. They should rather buff the AA on other T10 BB's

Nice CV Buff.

AP bombs toke care of this BB in the end.

815765259_KremlinAA2.thumb.jpg.fb4ccdaf1

Beta Tester
3,159 posts
3,608 battles
43 minutes ago, Puffin_ said:

If there is a CV in play, if it decides to attack the Kremlin, and if enough AA mounts get taken out by HE spam beforehand, then sure - this nerf will have an effect. But those are three big "ifs".

Players
3,130 posts
10,565 battles
2 hours ago, Puffin_ said:

But with the advent of ships like Thunderer. Is that a Royal Navy bias? 

Hardly a Russian bias

It was stupid to nerf AA on Kremlin that hard. They should rather buff the AA on other T10 BB's

Nice CV Buff.

AP bombs take care of most ships, be bloody thankful your in a Krem with HP. 2 drops on a Des and it's dead. 

Thunderer cant tank to save it's life and dies quickly when focused.  Great ship but a balanced ship.

And it doesn't matter how much AA you have, if a CV wants to drop you, it will. 

• Cool 2

[NOCAP]
Players
5,696 posts
12,649 battles

But isnt that pretty much the same for every ship that gets under AA focus? I mean im pretty sure that i already took out 18-20 aa mounts in the very first salvo of the game with thunderer on all types of bbs. 

[HAMAR]
Players
351 posts
1 hour ago, Procrastes said:

If there is a CV in play, if it decides to attack the Kremlin, and if enough AA mounts get taken out by HE spam beforehand, then sure - this nerf will have an effect. But those are three big "ifs".

There is only 1 if 

Now when CV players know that Kremlin has no AA they will go after it. Brawling and tanking BB'S like Kremlin and GK will get HE spammed a lot.

Kremlin will be like Tirpitz and Musashi. The BB that CV players look forward to hunt. The easy pray to farm big numbers on.

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,171 posts
6,284 battles

The main issue also being that Kremlin seems to always be the main focus of the entire enemy team as soon as you hit the battle button. Everyone knows you cant pen it with AP so even Yamato spams HE at you

• Cool 1

Players
9,836 posts
11,531 battles
31 minutes ago, Floofz said:

The main issue also being that Kremlin seems to always be the main focus of the entire enemy team as soon as you hit the battle button. Everyone knows you cant pen it with AP so even Yamato spams HE at you

Its not like you have third viable ammo choice against balansmobiles

• Cool 2

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,171 posts
6,284 battles
12 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Its not like you have third viable ammo choice against balansmobiles

No but it also makes armor kinda pointless doesnt it. If I 1vs1 a Kremlin in a Montana, the Kremlin should win. But I can angle enough in the Montana so he cant chunk me for big damage. Now obviously I cant chunk him either but I have better HE dpm in the Montana so I can easely burn him down. And yes Im aware on paper Kremlin has a higher firechance and all that but Montana has more guns so youll likely land more shells.

I know Ive said this before and I know people dont agree but I think HE damage needs a look at. I think HE should be used for destroying AA mounts and modules aswell as setting fires. Not chunk huge numbers of alpha damage. The whole HE spam meta has become rather silly at T10

• Cool 1

Players
9,836 posts
11,531 battles
5 minutes ago, Floofz said:

No but it also makes armor kinda pointless doesnt it. If I 1vs1 a Kremlin in a Montana, the Kremlin should win. But I can angle enough in the Montana so he cant chunk me for big damage. Now obviously I cant chunk him either but I have better HE dpm in the Montana so I can easely burn him down. And yes Im aware on paper Kremlin has a higher firechance and all that but Montana has more guns so youll likely land more shells.

I know Ive said this before and I know people dont agree but I think HE damage needs a look at. I think HE should be used for destroying AA mounts and modules aswell as setting fires. Not chunk huge numbers of alpha damage. The whole HE spam meta has become rather silly at T10

Kremlin 150mm upper hull stops ALL HE projectiles, only deck*, bow and stern can be considered "viable" targets for HE.

*even that stops all cruiser HE excluding meme builds like IFHEburg or IFHEzuma

• Cool 1

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,171 posts
6,284 battles
3 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Kremlin 150mm upper hull stops ALL HE projectiles, only deck*, bow and stern can be considered "viable" targets for HE.

*even that stops all cruiser HE excluding meme builds like IFHEburg or IFHEzuma

Depends on the distance. At long distances youre more likely to hit the deck and superstructure.

Players
6,766 posts
245 battles
3 hours ago, mcboernester said:

But isnt that pretty much the same for every ship that gets under AA focus? I mean im pretty sure that i already took out 18-20 aa mounts in the very first salvo of the game with thunderer on all types of bbs. 

I think its because her AA mount HP is so low now that taking them out takes far less effort and time then previously.

And before the nerf i actually found kremlins to mostly be a non-issue especially when alone (poor sod got focused by my midway from 82k to 14k, she got whacked by miss georgi).

Not sure why they always nerf and buff things in extreme i mean they could try 10-15-20% at first then adjust later.

Players
185 posts
3,133 battles

Ah, people...it gives me so much joy and so many lols when I hear about WG's buffing and nerfing antics now that I have sold all my ships and sacked all my captains after having had enough of this. (Getting 1shotted in consecutive games from full HP gets rather frustrating after a short while.)

It makes my heart so warm and fuzzy knowing what a great decision I made. Not to mention putting an end to a most uneconomic monetary policy on my part.

Maybe, if you followed my example en masse then the loss of revenue would prompt WG to start caring about the health of their game, cz right now all their thoughts are bent on making money no matter the consequences and keeping up with their russian bias.

• Cool 1