You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_GooD_Old_One

Best time for playing certain tiers...

16 comments in this topic

Players
24 posts
2,951 battles

Hey Guys, I was wondering if you have some sort experience with certain tiers being better played during specific period?

I personally avoid tier 8 during weekends, Sunday night is always a nightmare. I play tier 8-10 during the day, I drop to tier 6 during primetime (6-12pm) and getting better mm, maybe a lot of players online.

[CATS]
Players
26,255 posts
14,159 battles
  • Avoid playing during the night 0-8 during weekdays
  • Avoid Tiers I to IV during off-hours as player numbers are too low
  • Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,572 posts
8,858 battles

These days, i dont feel much difference at all. Alltho worst times are usually 17-22 CET regardless of tier.

And weekends

And especially patchweekends

...And patchdays....

:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[UA-NF]
Players
323 posts
6,075 battles

your chances depend on daytime, chosen ship and less on tier. There are less DDs and more CVs in evening hours. So playing DDs and smoke ships, Minos, Smolenks, is harder. Also lot of adult good players in divisions on evening hours, you better get a division of your own, or go lower tiers. On daytime and on weekends there are lots of children and teens playing, and almost no divisions, so you can play tier 10 and farm noobs. Even some famous streamers play on different servers and avoid to play in evening hours, because player skill is considerably higher then on daytime on other server. Also late night there are no divisions and children go to sleep, so player skill is still high.

[PARAZ]
Players
2,591 posts
12,846 battles
45 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

These days, i dont feel much difference at all. Alltho worst times are usually 17-22 CET regardless of tier.

And weekends

And especially patchweekends

...And patchdays....

:Smile_hiding:

and days ending in "y"

and years that are divisible by 1

and months containing at least one consonant

• Cool 2
  • Funny 9
  • Boring 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,060 posts
10,583 battles

Around 9 pm/ 10 pm during weekdays, the general gameplay gets worse-

Players
6,355 posts
10,582 battles
11 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

and days ending in "y"

and years that are divisible by 1

and months containing at least one consonant

15lojx.jpg

• Cool 2

Players
2,384 posts
15,336 battles

Best matches are always late night / early morning. MM going crazy aside, there is high percentage of very 'unique' players at those hours. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,791 posts
19,501 battles

There is no best time. Potatoes are on at all times.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,429 posts
17,045 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, El2aZeR sagte:

There is no escape from them. They are in every tier at any time. It's like a horde of zombies.

• Cool 1

Players
1,496 posts
14,135 battles

I find fridays after work hours are horrible on EU. Weekends are bad enough but friday afternoons, good luck not getting a team that gets pushed into a single map corner and murdered. Literally worse than bots. Last friday I've had several team mates that were below 40% overall WR. We're talking 38-39 range. This is worse than they should be doing if they were afk every game. Dunno, maybe I just get unlucky on that day but fridays after work are something I'm starting to avoid.

Also, late night ships is something I'd heavily advise against. Almost always a horrible experience.

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,969 posts
11,660 battles
6 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

I agree, especially when it come to tier X these days. To maintain sanity you should never play tier X in randoms. I'm seeing all sorts of stupid, more than before. When people think that playing the game is a trade off between fun and using your brain instead of seeing both possible simultaneously, then you know the human race is lost.

• Cool 2

Players
1,496 posts
14,135 battles
1 minute ago, Shaka_D said:

I agree, especially when it come to tier X these days. To maintain sanity you should never play tier X in randoms. I'm seeing all sorts of stupid, more than before. When people think that playing the game is a trade off between fun and using your brain instead of seeing both possible simultaneously, then you know the human race is lost.

Agreed. I used to prefer playing t10, lately I've found myself saying "ok, can we please not do t10 for a few battles" more and more to my clan mates when we repeatedly get glue connoiseurs that make our backs hurt. And that's when it's actually possible to carry, which even in a 3 man division can't be done far too often. Sometimes I'd rather be uptiered +2 in a t7 boat then play another t10 match.

When I get sufficiently annoyed at the player base I just take my gremy out which I dropped from a box this christmas. It's a nice tool to let some steam out by murdering everyone. Kamikaze sealclubbers on the enemy team? Get clubbed in return, murdered in 3-4 salvos. Sometimes you need these lower tier derp fests to maintain your sanity...

• Funny 1

Players
542 posts
3,073 battles

Quoting from the book of Cyril..

There shall in that time be rumors of things going astray, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia-work base, that has an attachment.

At that time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer, and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight O'clock.

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
1,120 posts
15,269 battles

Personally I feel the best time is whenever I am well-rested and in a good mood. Trying to play at certain times in hope of a better MM or better teams likely will backfire.

The one time I cannot particularly recommend is late night. Whenever player numbers drop below 4000, there is an increasing probability of meeting the same players in consecutive battles. Having an extremely good or bad player in this rotation can make teams slightly uneven. Additionally, consumption of alcoholic drinks is more prevalent at late hours. I occasionally end up in division with drunk people and their abilities deteriorate with every sip.