Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Glacis_UK

Infinite range torpedoes

7 comments in this topic

[BRXIT]
[BRXIT]
Players
42 posts
7,256 battles

I don't know if this is the correct place to bring this up, but I would have thought that with version 0.9.0+ this would no longer occur, but today just a few minutes ago I saw a pair of my torpedoes churning off into the sunset, well off the battle area. They were launched by my CVs torpedo planes.  Is this something that is never going to be fixed? Admittedly it doesn't seem to be a pesky problem, but it is definitely odd!  See attachment.

InfiniteRangeTorpedoes.png

Beta Tester
409 posts
10,793 battles
9 minutes ago, Glacis_UK said:

I don't know if this is the correct place to bring this up, but I would have thought that with version 0.9.0+ this would no longer occur, but today just a few minutes ago I saw a pair of my torpedoes churning off into the sunset, well off the battle area. They were launched by my CVs torpedo planes.  Is this something that is never going to be fixed? Admittedly it doesn't seem to be a pesky problem, but it is definitely odd!  See attachment.

InfiniteRangeTorpedoes.png

old bug. Keeps happening but atleast they dont do anything

[BRXIT]
[BRXIT]
Players
42 posts
7,256 battles
15 minutes ago, ItachiZero said:

old bug. Keeps happening but atleast they dont do anything

Yep, some months ago I watched one of my torps keep going until it went into an island, apparently in a tunnel, out the other side, and was still chugging along until I couldn't even see it move any longer, when the battle ended. 

Are they able to hit a target and cause damage after exceeding their specified range?

Beta Tester
409 posts
10,793 battles
1 minute ago, Glacis_UK said:

Yep, some months ago I watched one of my torps keep going until it went into an island, apparently in a tunnel, out the other side, and was still chugging along until I couldn't even see it move any longer, when the battle ended. 

Are they able to hit a target and cause damage after exceeding their specified range?

not in my exp 

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,962 posts
12,090 battles
31 minutes ago, Glacis_UK said:

Is this something that is never going to be fixed?

It's very hard to reproduce. But as they dont' to damage it's not that big of a deal...

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,823 posts
1,881 battles

They continue because of a desync between client and server. (e.g. when there is packet loss or some other short interruption in the connection).

In this case the server tries to tell the client that a torpedo ran out, but that message never arrived, so your client just keeps going with showing said torpedo on its long journey out of the map.

As the server is responsible for calculating damage and collisions, they just pass through everything without ever causing damage or hitting an island.

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,532 battles

Just another bug (among many) as a result of server instabilities and high pings.. 

Sign in to follow this