You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CaptainKreutzer

T9 Large cruiser Agir and comprasion against other T9 large cruisers

59 comments in this topic

Players
142 posts
6,465 battles

So Agir is announced and i checked her stats, she disappointed me in first sight, she has no spotter, she has 18.5 km range, same armor profile as Siegfried, almost same AA as Siegfried, so i thinked why not compare her against other T9 cruisers.

first i gonna put other ships stat starting with Kronshtadt

KronStart.thumb.jpg.896d6f76ab066f3c62b78ff59f28f7dd.jpg

Kronshtadt

HP: 71,050 hp

Size of the ship: Big with 250 meters long

Armor: 25 mm all around with 230 mm armor belt armor. her torpedo belt is great with 34% torpedo dmg reduction.

Armament: has 9 305 mm guns with great accuracy and 18.5 second reload and great ballistics on AP but with 18.2 km range, she has 8 secondary guns as well.

AA: Almost non existing. 

Maneuverability: 33.5 knots speed, 840 metres turning circle, 14.9 second rudder shift time

Consumables: Slot 1: Damage Control Party (When activated, instantly repairs fires, floods, and incapacitations, and prevents more for the duration.)Slot 2: Defensive AA Fire (While active, the damage per second of large caliber anti-aircraft guns is increased.) or Spotting Aircraft (While active, a spotter plane circles the ship enhancing main battery firing range.)Slot 3: Surveillance Radar (While active, detects all enemy ships within the specified radius, disregarding obstacles such as smoke and terrain.)Slot 4: Repair Party (While active, restores a fixed percentage of a ship's hit points each second.)

Concealment: 16.2 base concealment which is Battleship lvl

Kronshtadt has awesome armor and awesome guns with awesome consumable set up phew atleast anyone can't get her anymore normally anymore, she can use both radar and use spotter aircraft which makes her fire range up to somewhere around 20 km.

secondly Alaska. 

AlaskaStart.thumb.jpg.45e4bab6810d7ad1da5aeae839c8cec1.jpg

Alaska CB-1

HP: 60,800 hp

Size of the ship: Big with 246 meters long

Armor: 27 mm bow and 36 mm deck armor, 228 mm armor belt , has 

Armament: has 9 305 mm guns with great accuracy and 20 second reload and great ballistics on AP but with 19 km range and american lazy arc, she has 6 Dual purpose secondary guns as well.

AA: great typical American AA

Maneuverability: 33 knots speed, 850 metres turning circle, 13 second rudder shift time

Consumables: Slot 1: Damage Control Party (When activated, instantly repairs fires, floods, and incapacitations, and prevents more for the duration.)Slot 2: Defensive AA Fire (While active, the damage per second of large caliber anti-aircraft guns is increased.) or Hydroacoustic Search (While active, detects all enemy ships and torpedoes within the specified radius, without regard of obstacles such as smoke and terrain.)Slot 3: Repair Party (While active, restores a fixed percentage of a ship's hit points each second.)Slot 4: Surveillance Radar (While active, detects all enemy ships within the specified radius, disregarding obstacles such as smoke and terrain.) or Catapult Fighter (While active, a group of fighter planes circles the ship providing protection by attacking incoming enemy aircraft.) or Spotting Aircraft (While active, a spotter plane circles the ship enhancing main battery firing range.)

Concealment: 15.5 smol battleship

All around Alaska is great Largecruiser with decent range,decent guns and decent armor her radar is bonus to complete a great ship.

as third Azuma. 

Azuma_wows_main.thumb.jpg.e1d11b4fdbf392e2aab21b9166583795.jpg

Azuma

HP: 60,800 hp

Size of the ship: decently big with 240 meters long

Armor: all around 25 mm with giant citadel

Armament: has 9 310  mm guns with great accuracy and 20 second reload and great HE but with 19.1 km range and bad AP, she has 8 Dual purpose secondary guns as well.

AA: Typical japanese AA which is bad

Maneuverability: 34 knots speed, 920 metres turning circle, 13.9 second rudder shift time

Consumables: Slot 1: Damage Control Party (When activated, instantly repairs fires, floods, and incapacitations, and prevents more for the duration.)Slot 2: Defensive AA Fire (While active, the damage per second of large caliber anti-aircraft guns is increased.) or Hydroacoustic Search (While active, detects all enemy ships and torpedoes within the specified radius, without regard of obstacles such as smoke and terrain.)Slot 3: Repair Party (While active, restores a fixed percentage of a ship's hit points each second.)Slot 4:  Catapult Fighter (While active, a group of fighter planes circles the ship providing protection by attacking incoming enemy aircraft.) or Spotting Aircraft (While active, a spotter plane circles the ship enhancing main battery firing range.)

Concealment: 15.1 decent concealment of her type

oh yeah Azuma one of the worst T9 because of armor, her citadel is shaped like Yamato with 25 mm out plating so all BBs just goes through and citadels Azuma. her guns are great with HE and with spotter plane she get 21 or 22 km range which is great for her.

4th Siegfried which is still under testing.

SeigBow.thumb.jpg.cd193f780b05630237121d77dcac6403.jpg

Siegfried

HP: 62,850 hp

Size of the ship: Biggest and thickest  T9 cruiser with 256 meters long

Armor: 27 mm bow and aft and 30 mm deck armor, 190 mm armor belt , has 90 mm upper belt armor

Armament: has 6 380 mm guns with great accuracy and 26 second reload and she has awesome german AP and with 20 km range but HE is typical German HE with low alpha and low fire chance, she has 7 Dual purpose secondary guns and 6 km torpedos

AA: great AA for T9 German cruiser,she has 55 mm AA mounts.

Maneuverability: 33.5 knots speed, 880 metres turning circle, 14 second rudder shift time

Consumables: Slot 1: Damage Control Party (When activated, instantly repairs fires, floods, and incapacitations, and prevents more for the duration.)Slot 2: Defensive AA Fire (While active, the damage per second of large caliber anti-aircraft guns is increased.) or Hydroacoustic Search (While active, detects all enemy ships and torpedoes within the specified radius, without regard of obstacles such as smoke and terrain.)Slot 3: Repair Party (While active, restores a fixed percentage of a ship's hit points each second.)Slot 4:  Catapult Fighter (While active, a group of fighter planes circles the ship providing protection by attacking incoming enemy aircraft.) or Spotting Aircraft (While active, a spotter plane circles the ship enhancing main battery firing range.)

Concealment: 15.1 awesome for German cruiser.

Overall Siegfried is decent Battlecruiser her giant bow is her biggest weakness but unlike Agir she can stay at back and do fire support against enemy cruisers and Battleships just like other German cruisers, 380 mm guns her allies but her enemy aswell with slow rate of fire.

lastly upcoming Agir,still not even tested but she looks bad.

4.thumb.jpg.22f80ad94a867bcfdae540db7e54c3e8.jpg

Agir

HP: 62,850 hp

Size of the ship: Biggest and thickest  T9 cruiser with 256 meters long

Armor: 27 mm bow and aft and 30 mm deck armor, 190 mm armor belt , has 90 mm upper belt armor

Armament: has 9 305 mm guns with great accuracy and 22 second reload and she has awesome german AP and but 18.5 km range and HE is typical German HE with low alpha and low fire chance, she has 9 Dual purpose secondary guns and 6 km torpedos

AA: Almost same AA as Siegfried ,she has 55 mm AA mounts.

Maneuverability: 33.5 knots speed, 880 metres turning circle, 14 second rudder shift time

Consumables: Slot 1: Damage Control Party (When activated, instantly repairs fires, floods, and incapacitations, and prevents more for the duration.)Slot 2: Defensive AA Fire (While active, the damage per second of large caliber anti-aircraft guns is increased.) or Hydroacoustic Search (While active, detects all enemy ships and torpedoes within the specified radius, without regard of obstacles such as smoke and terrain.)Slot 3: Repair Party (While active, restores a fixed percentage of a ship's hit points each second.)

Concealment: 15.1 awesome for German cruiser.

Well she's heavily downgreaded Siegfried, has same armor profile which is her weakness, she has 18.5 km range which is decent but when people focus this ship that range might not be enough and she can't use spotter plane and guns reloads slowest of her type same as PR which PR has 12 guns and at T10. Overall she's second worst with Azuma right now and needs little changes before testing. maybe range or some sort of armor buff to bow like ice breeaker armor.

Siegfried is special on her way and she feels nice to me but Agir feels bad very bad actually we can't compare her against any other cruiser just like Siegfried. she just falls behind Azuma,Alaska and Kronshtadt.

comment your comprasion of them, your opinions i mean.

dc858b2e9143479fa923cdd77fc105a47f88bac1r1-262-267_hq.gif.4ed761fe8d84b330a94e5818d0d19908.gif

I'm out!

• Cool 11

[RO-RN]
Players
852 posts
10,573 battles
1 hour ago, Ygtozkn1903 said:

Kronshtadt has awesome armor and awesome guns with awesome consumable set up

NO STOP SPREADING BIAS: 

-It is covered in 25mm of armor just like azuma

-has 15mm and 30mm citatel roof plates enjoy getting citateled at the least angles you would have expected

-the guns are garbage,even worse than roma, dispersion is equally to that of roma( and we all know how good that ship dispersion is) or even worse,guns can only overmatch RN light cruiser.

The rest just need to angle just a little and your AP is worthless, enjoy seeing lots of overpens,shatters and ricochets.

-good consumables set? c mon man are you even trying? it has only a radar and even with it you will barely damage destroyers thanks to awful dispersion and low DPM. Also the ship does not get access to hydro and we all know how useful DF AA is!

I would take roon,dimitri even ibuky any other day over kroshtadt and you know why? because those ships get the job done unlike krotrash which is a frustrating BIG PILE OF S**T.

Also dont you think that it is a little early to talk about AGIR, I mean we dont even saw any gameplay about it  and how it performs!

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Players
9,816 posts
11,519 battles
3 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

-the guns are garbage,even worse than roma, dispersion is equally to that of roma( and we all know how good that ship dispersion is) or even worse,guns can only overmatch RN light cruiser.

The rest just need to angle just a little and your AP is worthless, enjoy seeing lots of overpens,shatters and ricochets.

Which is standard for 305 armed large cruisers. Except the one and only Stalingrad:cap_cool:

[RO-RN]
Players
852 posts
10,573 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

Which is standard for 305 armed large cruisers. Except the one and only Stalingrad:cap_cool:

Except that azuma,siegfried,Agir,yoshino,Alaska and even Puerto rico with its 2.2 sigma. Unlike the rest (except PR) kroshtadt gets battleship dispersion instead of battlecruiser dispersion!

And about Stalingrad..well yeah that thing guns get the job done and they dont overpen,shatter or ricochet all that much compared to kroshtadt!

Players
9,816 posts
11,519 battles
Just now, Animalul2012 said:

Except that azuma,siegfried,Agir,yoshino,Alaska and even Puerto rico with its 2.2 sigma. Unlike the rest (except PR) kroshtadt gets battleship dispersion instead of battlecruiser dispersion!

And about Stalingrad..well yeah that thing guns get the job done and they dont overpen,shatter or ricochet all that much compared to kroshtadt!

Fuse arming threshold is identical on all CB except Stalin. And then only Stalin and Alaska have better ricochet angles, so they can actually go for AP pen damage against angled targets.

And it was obvious from day one Kron is just demo version of "russian battlecruiser" proper.

[R3B3L]
Players
868 posts
29,000 battles
2 hours ago, Ygtozkn1903 said:

Kronshtadt  ... 250 meters long

where did you get that info from? :Smile_hiding:

Datamined? Wiki? Because i don´t see it in port

Players
142 posts
6,465 battles
6 dakika önce, VIadoCro dedi:

where did you get that info from? :Smile_hiding:

Datamined? Wiki? Because i don´t see it in port

From both WG wiki and from Navypedia.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,727 posts
5,270 battles

TL:DR version: Essentially Ægir has very little going for her, is that's what you're saying, at least not on paper? @Ygtozkn1903

Players
142 posts
6,465 battles
8 dakika önce, lafeel dedi:

TL:DR version: Essentially Ægir has very little going for her, is that's what you're saying, at least not on paper? @Ygtozkn1903

Yeah compared to others she looks weak maybe not as Azuma but still doesn't look great.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,727 posts
5,270 battles
7 minutes ago, Ygtozkn1903 said:

Yeah compared to others she looks weak maybe not as Azuma but still doesn't look great.

I kind of like the Azuma though..Not sure I can say the same for the Ægir from what I have seen of her though, so far..

Players
101 posts
5,826 battles

It's German.
German traits are being bad in the first place and having outdated traits that other nations get sooner or later in a better version.

The German branches have not been competetive for a long time, if they ever were (brief period of Hindenburg being good and we know what happened at that time).
If you expect anything being good, you set yourself up for disappointment.

Cant wait to see how bad the subs will be (on PTS the T VI was ridiculously inferior to the USN one).

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[SHAD]
Players
2,459 posts
11,026 battles

I loaded up my kronstadt yesterday and the guns kept trolling me. I realised this when I was happy to get 6k on a broadside battleship! That should be 15k!

Kronstadt: battleship dispersion

Alaska: Battlecruiser dispersion

Azuma/Yoshino: cruiser dispersion.
mall with 2.05 sigma.

Kronstadt belt does work well for baiting the shots and feels amazing after the Azuma of course. 

[GURKA]
Players
5,196 posts
10,424 battles
19 minutes ago, lafeel said:

That's not a german letter :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,727 posts
5,270 battles
1 minute ago, Pikkozoikum said:

That's not a german letter :cap_haloween:

It's the name of the Norse God she's named after in Icelandic/Old Norse, sue me.

[GURKA]
Players
5,196 posts
10,424 battles
6 minutes ago, lafeel said:

It's the name of the Norse God she's named after in Icelandic/Old Norse, sue me.

But the name is Ägir, and if a german can't use the Ä letter, he would use Ae, so it would be Aegir :D

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,727 posts
5,270 battles
2 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

But the same is Ägir, and if a german can't use the Ä letter, he would use Ae, so it would be Aegir :D

Which is exactly what the letter Æ is, A and E combined.

[GURKA]
Players
5,196 posts
10,424 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

Which is exactly what the letter Æ is, A and E combined.

So there is also a letter for UE, OE?

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,727 posts
5,270 battles
1 minute ago, Pikkozoikum said:

So there is also a letter for UE, OE?

No, there is not.

[GURKA]
Players
5,196 posts
10,424 battles
3 minutes ago, lafeel said:

No, there is not.

Ä, Ö and Ü is ae, oe and ue. So in german ae doesnt stand for the nordic letter, ae stands for Ä. We use ae, if a keyboard or programm can deal with german letters ^^

I guess that nordic latter is same pronounced or similar than the german Ä

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,727 posts
5,270 battles
2 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Ä, Ö and Ü is ae, oe and ue. So in german ae doesnt stand for the nordic letter, ae stands for Ä. We use ae, if a keyboard or programm can deal with german letters ^^

I guess that nordic latter is same pronounced or similar than the german Ä

Actually I stand corrected about OE, but there are no latters that I know of in Icelandic for UE (didn't know you meant Ö)

Probably from the same original source some time back in that time of history where there's a frustrating lack of written info about (ie the "dark ages")

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,550 posts
23,709 battles

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRikE5eyxNon_Gi-zyhG-I

bout those letters

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[ALONE]
Modder
2,133 posts
13,621 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, Ygtozkn1903 sagte:

[...]comment your comprasion of them, your opinions i mean.[...]

Regarding Siegfried:

I tested her when she was on the servers for a short time some months ago.

She was described as having extraordinary good dispersion and secondaries to brawl. Her design as a long-range-AP-sniper.

While that sounded interesting, unfortunately that didn't work - these guns didn't do much damage or were not able to citadel at range.

Furthermore the armor was too thin to get close- or midrange. Usually she got oneshot by some BB early. Or stayed in the back and did nothing.

In fact, I sometimes wished I played an Azuma instead, as she can throw some HE at the enemy with a higher RoF and more shells.

Then Siegfried got removed from testing early and hasn't reappeared.

That means WG either thinks she does not need more testing and is ready - or needs a complete rework and get tested later again.

• Cool 2

Players
2,374 posts
15,262 battles
14 hours ago, MrWastee said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRikE5eyxNon_Gi-zyhG-I

bout those letters

Except, without them this mem would mean very little. :Smile-_tongue:

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,550 posts
23,709 battles
3 hours ago, Skyllon said:

Except, without them this mem would mean very little. :Smile-_tongue:

yeee, i said "those"?..... coz there's so much ae, or even ä(+h) in there?!... which boils down to.... eeeerrrmmmmmm....... :Smile-_tongue::Smile_glasses:

• Funny 1