Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Corocotta15

Terrible translation in Spanish

79 comments in this topic

[NAES-]
Players
147 posts
20,251 battles

With the new update, WG changed the expressions in Spanish language. To the worst, of course. Is not european spanish, no american spanish language. Just a terrible, absurd translation. This is a new contempt towards the spanish comunity. One more. But dont worry. Your continuous disrespect will be translated to our pockets too.

Have fun

• Cool 19
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[FL4-0]
Players
14 posts
3,446 battles

I can´t understand why did you change the translation WG. The translation that was before the 0.9.0 was pretty good and now is a trash. Please, come back the old translation, there is no any reason to update that. When I get some achievements or when someone use commands in the game chat my eyes bleed

• Cool 4

[NKK2]
Players
1,116 posts
4,453 battles

Don’t know the reason why they even bothered to change the lines, but I think a fix is easily doable. Let’s just wait and see :fish_aqua:

• Cool 3

Players
2,240 posts
8,299 battles

And I have to ask what was the necessity of spending resources in something that was fine, and not only that, but to make that worse

Mindblowing

More than 2 months without playing, and counting

• Cool 2

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,797 posts
1,849 battles

Could you please provide some examples of which texts were changed and what parts of the game client are affected? We will get it checked then.

[MDLEP]
[MDLEP]
Players
9 posts
17,614 battles
1 hour ago, Sehales said:

Could you please provide some examples of which texts were changed and what parts of the game client are affected? We will get it checked then.

The locutions during the battle. Before they made sense but now no.

• Cool 1

[NKK2]
Players
1,116 posts
4,453 battles

I’m afraid I can’t check maybe until Friday but gathering from what was said inside our community I believe is the Pre made battle messages (Like “good luck and fair seas”) and the achievements. For example, previously we got “Golpe Devastador” as the translation of “Devastating Strike” but now it’s “ataque devastador” which sounds terrible. 

The problem is that we would need lots of time to check everything But so far, the most obvious changes has been those 2 things. 

Hope this helps @Sehales

• Cool 3

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,797 posts
1,849 battles
41 minutes ago, visigodo74 said:

The locutions during the battle. Before they made sense but now no.

So do I assume right you mean the phrases in chat, whenever somebody is using quick commands or when certain consumables are being used?

Edit: Thanks @FrankvC_Jr

Edited by Sehales
  • Cool 1

[NKK2]
Players
1,917 posts
1 hora antes, Sehales dijo:

It is as simple as reversing the changes you have made in the texts and putting the ones that were before the 0.9.0 update.

• Cool 2

[FL4-0]
Players
14 posts
3,446 battles
5 minutes ago, Sehales said:

So do I assume right you mean the phrases in chat, whenever somebody is using quick commands or when certain consumables are being used?

You are right @Sehales

• Cool 1

[FL4-0]
Players
14 posts
3,446 battles

4 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

Why is this in the English forum and not in the spanish?

I request for it to be moved.

We are here Because WG close the spanish forum a time ago and now we have one unofficial but for some things (like this for example)we must come here

• Cool 8

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,797 posts
1,849 battles
2 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

There is no Spanish forum section and as we are using the English language in this thread, related to something in the game, the forum section is absolutely fine.

11 minutes ago, manolojones said:

It is as simple as reversing the changes you have made in the texts and putting the ones that were before the 0.9.0 update.

Without understanding what the exact issue was, we cannot simply reverse a change.

Now that some examples of what lines are affected were given, we are getting it checked with the translation team.

• Cool 4

[R3B3L]
Players
868 posts
29,000 battles
8 minutes ago, Sehales said:

you mean the phrases in chat, whenever somebody is using quick commands

Exactly. I first realized it when i saw that the "good luck everyone" phrase was changed and thought maybe it´s "Latin-Spanish" since WG tries to revive wows in South America with Magui&Co. But then:

On 1/19/2020 at 2:45 PM, Corocotta15 said:

Is not european spanish, no american spanish language. Just a terrible, absurd translation.

So it doesn´t even make sense in American Spanish?

2 hours ago, Comodoro_Allande said:

And I have to ask what was the necessity of spending resources in something that was fine

That.

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,797 posts
1,849 battles

If you encounter any other terms/phrases you consider bad now, please provide them here.

• Cool 3

[FL4-0]
Players
14 posts
3,446 battles

@Sehales

Before: Recibido                                 Now: Copiado

Before: Es solo un arañazo              Now: Es solo una Herida

Berore: El kraken está suelto           Now: El kraken ha sido liberado

But I think there are more

• Cool 5

[FL4-0]
Players
14 posts
3,446 battles

Yep there are more:

Before: Doble golpe                                                    Now: Doble ataque

Before: Experto en combate a quemarropa           Now: Experto en combate cercano            (this one not bad at all)

Before: BUena suerte y mares tranquilos               Now: Vientos justos y mares venideros   (This one has no sense)

Before: Necesito informacion de inteligencia        Now: Necesito datos de inteligencia

And I think in the reports and compliments screen are some changed translations too

• Cool 6

[NKK2]
Players
1,116 posts
4,453 battles

Thanks for helping us throughout this mess@Sehales.

Sometimes we, the community, forget to give credit where is due to WG, but this time we, I at least, are truly thankful :Smile_great::Smile_honoring:

• Cool 4

Players
2,904 posts
14,923 battles

Now, those expressions don't make sense for european spanish, nor for southamerican people. I can't understand who the hell made those translations :Smile_amazed: Maybe Mr Google?:Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[NKK2]
Players
1,917 posts
2 horas antes, Hanse77SWE dijo:

Please, do it. Let's see if with your complaint WG return us the Spanish forum... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[GEON]
Players
1 post
7,970 battles

20200120193855_1.thumb.jpg.07c7e1db88b8ab75c3f05bce419de2ce.jpg

There are too many expressions to list them all here without a revisión, but many of them are absurd and ridiculous. Seems that made in a online translator, totally out of context and no sense.

One of the most ridiculous translations is that expressión on the picture. "Mil Usos" instead the previous word "Comodín", but there are too many more:

"Objetivo Primario" instead previous "Objetivo Prioritario". 

"Supremacía Aérea" instead of previous "Superioridad Aérea", in spanish, like as english, "superiority" not the same thing as "supremacy".

"XP Élite del Comandante", no sense literal  translation instead previous correct sentence "XP de élite de comandante".

Matching inacuracies like "Impulso del motor Mejorados"

Incorrections for no context like "Centro de dirección para cazas" instead "Centro de control de caza", or extensive use of an anglicism like "Rango" instead the correct spanish words "Alcance" or "Distancia" previously used.

In few days i could make a detailed list, but the problem afect to all game texts.

Regards.

• Cool 9

[NKK2]
Players
1,917 posts
1 hora antes, cornes80 dijo:

In few days i could make a detailed list, but the problem afect to all game texts.

@Sehales, for this reason I told you that what needs to be done is to put all the Spanish texts back as they were before the update.

• Cool 3

[NAES-]
Players
147 posts
20,251 battles

In any case, this change is not a smart idea. In fact, is another insult to the spanish comunity. More than 550 million of spanish speakers in the world, and WG deleted the spanish forum and maintain the polish or the czech ones. Ridiculous. But, as I said, no problem. Our pockets will remember this new outrage. Probably WG will understand better this language.

Ed. By the way, as cornes80 said,all the skill captain's names are now a disaster too.

• Cool 4

Sign in to follow this