You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Buccaneer1

New Ship. Australian Bush Fire Appeal

70 comments in this topic

Players
1,611 posts

I would like to propose to War Gaming, a charity fund raising ship. All Profits go to the Australian Bush Fire Appeal. Let me know what you think guys.

image.thumb.png.4527146431619f7abeec6d9b45f6a425.png

• Cool 15
  • Bad 4

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Just donate if you think Australia needs your money.

Why do you need Wargaming to do that for you or to give you a present in return for your charity?

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1

[RO-RN]
Players
851 posts
10,543 battles

Hmmm, Well how about NO? And let Australia solve theyre own problems that they have created upon them selfs!

• Cool 2
  • Bad 10
  • Angry 3

Players
1,611 posts
4 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Why do you need Wargaming to do that for you or to give you a present in return for your charity?

1. Because it introduces one of the most significant Navy,s of world war 2 into the game.

2. Its good PR and could be a collectors ship.

3. It helps the problem in Australia.

4. It brings on board in game a very large market in Australia, sparking interest in World of Warship.

win win situation for WarGaming, The collectors, The game.

• Cool 8

[-TPF-]
Players
3,821 posts
15,671 battles
Just now, Egoleter said:

You certainly can do so. This is a good place to start: https://www.redcross.org.au

But appealing via people's interests is often a good idea, too, as it means you can get global support and make it easier for people who might not be clear on where the right place to donate might be. My wife (who likes to run) is taking part in this today: https://reliefrun.com.au  - and has just disappeared out of the door into a freezing cold Kent morning to do her 5k.

So by the same token, if WG wanted to do something for this cause,  I'd be happy to support it. 

• Cool 2

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts
11 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

I would like to propose to War Gaming, a charity fund raising ship. All Profits go to the Austrian Bush Fire Appeal. Let me know what you think guys.

You should fix the title, there were no bush fires in Austria as far as I know...

About donations, as Egolether said. There are many fundraising organizations already, everyone interested can donate there, no need to involve WG in this.

• Funny 1

Players
1,611 posts
5 minutes ago, Greyshark said:

You should fix the title, there were no bush fires in Austria as far as I know...

About donations, as Egolether said. There are many fundraising organizations already, everyone interested can donate there, no need to involve WG in this.

https://donate.wwf.org.au/donate/koala-crisis/koala-crisis?t=AP0120O01&f=41120-213&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvIGm97iP5wIVDuR3Ch2nxwkBEAAYASAAEgKwhvD_BwE#gs.teh7pw

Players
2,361 posts
15,228 battles
8 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

Hmmm, Well how about NO? And let Australia solve theyre own problems that they have created upon them selfs! 

I second that! All those farting cangaroos, putting too much methane into the atmosphere!

Australia is solely responsible for the Global Warming!

• Funny 3
  • Bad 1

Players
84 posts
1,317 battles

Man, I don't want political issues in my video games. If people want to donate to this or that cause, they should do that, but not involve a game company. Besides, Austria is not Australia. In fact, Austria is landlocked and doesn't even have a navy.

• Cool 1

Players
6,753 posts
245 battles

Change the title the fam.

I would donate if i wasn't scrapping for moneh myself.

Probs do so when i get paid next month (if the link is still open by then).

• Cool 1

Players
9,805 posts
11,484 battles

And here I thought Australian navy already have Vampire and Perth for "representation" purposes:cap_hmm:

Players
1,611 posts

Cut and paste a Daring and cover it in Kangaroo Camo, give it the rolling smoke 

= 1 collectors prem ship.

and that name would sell ships on its own.

image.thumb.png.a29d108bf2914d77b5375264f6a4e356.png

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
3,821 posts
15,671 battles
35 minutes ago, NovaScyth said:

Man, I don't want political issues in my video games.

Disaster relief is hardly politics. We all complain how WG tries to get us to spend more than we meant to on the game.... why not use that for good?

Easy to make a donation and do something worthwhile in the game, with British heavy cruisers launching:  rush-release a Commonwealth County class cruiser, three of which served in the RAN during WW2 - make some quick changes to make it a little different from the main line Devonshire ( in the Gorizia/Zara style), camo + 10pt captain, stick the whole bundle in the store for £25-30 and give the profits to an appropriate charity. Everyone's a winner. :cap_like:

• Cool 7

Players
1,611 posts
3 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Disaster relief is hardly politics. We all complain how WG tries to get us to spend more than we meant to on the game.... why not use that for good?

Easy to make a donation and do something worthwhile in the game, with British heavy cruisers launching:  rush-release a Commonwealth County class cruiser, three of which served in the RAN during WW2 - make some quick changes to make it a little different from the main line Devonshire ( in the Gorizia/Zara style), camo + 10pt captain, stick the whole bundle in the store for £25-30 and give the profits to an appropriate charity. Everyone's a winner. :cap_like:

https://www.redcross.org.au/

[HOO]
Players
1,883 posts
3,695 battles
1 hour ago, Barracuda_111 said:

I would like to propose to War Gaming, a charity fund raising ship. All Profits go to the Australian Bush Fire Appeal. Let me know what you think guys.

Given the actual number of man hours needed to model a ship and bring it into game, I don't see this happening.

About the best WG could do is issue a new camo for Perth, and charge us for it, making a donation for each purchase made.

Knowing how crass WG can be I wouldn't be surprised if the camo was based on flames licking the ship as the PR department thought that would be a good idea:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

Players
9,805 posts
11,484 battles
23 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

Cut and paste a Daring and cover it in Kangaroo Camo, give it the rolling smoke 

= 1 collectors prem ship.

and that name would sell ships on its own.

image.thumb.png.a29d108bf2914d77b5375264f6a4e356.png

FXP/Coal Daring:cap_hmm:

• Cool 2

Players
84 posts
1,317 battles
7 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

The way I see it, some people are probably against those bush fires, others might be in favor, others still might have totally different ideas how to handle the situation and dislike this specific charity...  plenty of things are highly politicized nowadays. Personally, I play vidya to not think about politics or disasters or what have you for a while.

11 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

Everyone's a winner.

Fine, if WG chooses to do such a bundle and people buy it, they don't need my blessing. I'm just mildly against such a release, that's all. I'd enjoy the game a tiny tiny bit less if they promoted charities.

For the record I have nothing against people who feel strongly about this bush fire, one way or the other.

Players
1,302 posts

1. Because it introduces one of the most significant Navy,s of world war 2 into the game.

4. It brings on board in game a very large market in Australia, sparking interest in World of Warship.

Smells like Lightning or Cossack.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,747 posts
26,498 battles

Royal Australian Navy is already introduced with cruiser Perth and destroyer Vampire.

If it is just collector ships then expected revenue should not be that big and that undermine whole idea.

As some already mentioned you can do that by just simply donating money to various organisations.  

I doubt that adding one destroyer, which btw is not either famous for anything in particular and there would be way better choices, could bring significantly more Australian players to the game.

Is it? So they would probably need to stop development of some other ship to add HMAS Quality, spend 6 to 8 months to get documents and create model, do all balancing which could add another couple of months. By that time there will probably be some new fires in Australia or some other, completely different,  problem. I don't see how it is a win for WG.

Players
1,611 posts
3 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Royal Australian Navy is already introduced with cruiser Perth and destroyer Vampire.

If it is just collector ships then expected revenue should not be that big and that undermine whole idea.

As some already mentioned you can do that by just simply donating money to various organisations.  

I doubt that adding one destroyer, which btw is not either famous for anything in particular and there would be way better choices, could bring significantly more Australian players to the game.

Is it? So they would probably need to stop development of some other ship to add HMAS Quality, spend 6 to 8 months to get documents and create model, do all balancing which could add another couple of months. By that time there will probably be more fires in Australian or some other, completely different,  problem. I don't see how it is a win for WG.

image.thumb.png.e013173bdfbf156c96f5fd51a51dd404.png

Good PR and Market Exposure is the win for WG