Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Falcon_11

Smoensk got nerfed?

39 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester
26 posts
6,516 battles

Alright, this might be a total coincidence, but these things never happend to my Smolensk before, and i have 57 battles so far, including these 3 toady.

Anyway, i got deleted full health to 0 in just 1 salvo 3 battles in a row.

1st was Lion some ~14km away and i was almost fully angled (he was firing @ my stern)

2nd was Kremlin 9~km away and i was angled just enough to use my stern guns and i was in smoke.

3rd was GK from some 17-18km, maybe more (he was way off my firing range). I cant tell for sure about the position of my ship in this case since i got really stunned by being deleted like that, and i was kiting away Stalingrad, but for sure i wasnt full broadside (i saw his last location on map and it was more towards my stern than Stalingrad, i.e. my bow guns couldnt fire at him).

So once again, this might be total coincidence, but considering the variety of ranges (mid - low - long ), looks like those overpenetrations are not working on Smolensk anymore, since it was quite tanky in my previous 50 battles.

Was there any note about this?

Here are screenshots of dmg taken respectively:

shot-20_01.19_00_56.11-0830.thumb.jpg.9f546bc0da625727ce7b66e80f6ac9c3.jpgshot-20_01.19_00.57_01-0754.thumb.jpg.43d357a90495686a4b6723aaab2ea13c.jpgshot-20_01.19_01_05.06-0005.thumb.jpg.9ef5476b390387f7ef553a9df78cc961.jpg

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,918 posts
13,357 battles

There has been NO changes to Smolensk. You got spotted. You got killed. Simple as that.

 

 

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
750 posts
6,441 battles

The citadel on the Smolensk is the only part that can autobounce anything. The rest is only 13-30mm plating like the bow and stern.

 

And you should probably stay away from the Stalingrad with it's bs shell arming time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
4,087 posts
11,063 battles
18 minutes ago, Falcon_11 said:

Was there any note about this?

I don't believe there have been any changes to Smol (I don't use mine much, so I might not notice though).

 

You mention in your post that you were angled a lot of the time? Others may correct me, but (apart from the citadel) isn't Smol sometimes easier to sink when angled - for big guns anyway - because a clean broadside often results in lots of overpens?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SWTP]
Players
1,583 posts
11,120 battles

You were angled that's why you got deleted. You want to be broadside and count on overpens from higher calibre BB AP (430+ will not arm inside).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[P-W-C]
Players
6,598 posts
31,276 battles

Nerfed you say? Rep + Seattle couldn't kill me today, both raged in chat. Both were on 12-15km. Both burnt to death. I was on open cause my DD died from Seattle radar. Did 178k dmg as I remember. And I didn't play it for a month cause it's a report magnet even worse than Haku. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,607 posts
15,101 battles
15 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

And you should probably stay away from the Stalingrad with it's bs shell arming time.

Imo that is a skill matchup.

If smol angles correctly on the edge of autobounce territory to cover the stern, stalingrad has no chance and will burn

If smol messes up angling even 1 degree it eats citadels :Smile_popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester
26 posts
6,516 battles
6 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

You were angled that's why you got deleted. You want to be broadside and count on overpens from higher calibre BB AP (430+ will not arm inside).

 

7 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I don't believe there have been any changes to Smol (I don't use mine much, so I might not notice though).

 

You mention in your post that you were angled a lot of the time? Others may correct me, but (apart from the citadel) isn't Smol sometimes easier to sink when angled - for big guns anyway - because a clean broadside often results in lots of overpens?

I realize that its armor wont bounce bbs, im angling it while kiting away just to be a samaller target and harder to hit. Same thing i do in smoke, less torps and blindshots u eat, but that Kremlin just deleted me.

 

7 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Nerfed you say? Rep + Seattle couldn't kill me today, both raged in chat. Both were on 12-15km. Both burnt to death. I was on open cause my DD died from Seattle radar. Did 178k dmg as I remember. And I didn't play it for a month cause it's a report magnet even worse than Haku. 

Yes i have done some great things with it myself, and suddenly im just getting deleted while doing all the same o.O

Its not like i did my first 3 games and im talking [edited] here. I usually do OP in Smolensk and i love it (i mean who doesnt) and it used to work with my playstyle, now it doesnt, thats why im asking is it nerfed or it was just unlucky coincidence.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
369 posts
5,339 battles
42 minutes ago, Falcon_11 said:

Alright, this might be a total coincidence, but these things never happend to my Smolensk before, and i have 57 battles so far, including these 3 toady.

Anyway, i got deleted full health to 0 in just 1 salvo 3 battles in a row.

1st was Lion some ~14km away and i was almost fully angled (he was firing @ my stern)

2nd was Kremlin 9~km away and i was angled just enough to use my stern guns and i was in smoke.

3rd was GK from some 17-18km, maybe more (he was way off my firing range). I cant tell for sure about the position of my ship in this case since i got really stunned by being deleted like that, and i was kiting away Stalingrad, but for sure i wasnt full broadside (i saw his last location on map and it was more towards my stern than Stalingrad, i.e. my bow guns couldnt fire at him).

So once again, this might be total coincidence, but considering the variety of ranges (mid - low - long ), looks like those overpenetrations are not working on Smolensk anymore, since it was quite tanky in my previous 50 battles.

Was there any note about this?

Here are screenshots of dmg taken respectively:

shot-20_01.19_00_56.11-0830.thumb.jpg.9f546bc0da625727ce7b66e80f6ac9c3.jpgshot-20_01.19_00.57_01-0754.thumb.jpg.43d357a90495686a4b6723aaab2ea13c.jpgshot-20_01.19_01_05.06-0005.thumb.jpg.9ef5476b390387f7ef553a9df78cc961.jpg

Smolensk has basically no armour, so if you were angled you might have had enough effective armour for AP shells to arm in your citadel.

 

if you were HE citadeled then... well, doesn’t matter tbh. If a bb with high cal guns hits you with HE, you’re probably gonna take a big hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
7,861 posts
8,322 battles
45 minutes ago, Falcon_11 said:

1st was Lion some ~14km away and i was almost fully angled (he was firing @ my stern) 

 

What does "fully angled" mean? BBs can just shoot through your Bow/Stern armor - any BB that is. Lion has short-fuse AP which detonates quite fast after fusing. Nevertheless, he got 2 cits on you. RNG
 

46 minutes ago, Falcon_11 said:

2nd was Kremlin 9~km away and i was angled just enough to use my stern guns and i was in smoke.

9km from a Kremlin is probably a deathsentence, unless you are full broadside, which would cause the shells to overpen your citadel (very likely atleast). He just has to hit enough shells through your bow/stern to kill you. RNG

 

46 minutes ago, Falcon_11 said:

3rd was GK from some 17-18km, maybe more (he was way off my firing range).

 

Even more RNG than the first one. But couple of citadels already does the trick so, can be bow/stern overmatch, or just straight into citadel if you didnt know the angle you were at.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
3,563 posts
4,472 battles

To answer your question @Falcon_11 no she was not. 

 

EDIT: And just for *Edited* and giggles: whats a Smoensk? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester
26 posts
6,516 battles
3 minutes ago, Rionnen_marksman said:

Smolensk has basically no armour, so if you were angled you might have had enough effective armour for AP shells to arm in your citadel.

 

if you were HE citadeled then... well, doesn’t matter tbh. If a bb with high cal guns hits you with HE, you’re probably gonna take a big hit.

As i said its not my first game in it. Ive been shoot at and hit before and I wasnt deleted not once. Now that happens 3x in a row. So either there were some total lowbies shooting at me for 50 games, or these 3 guys are the best marksmen eu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester
26 posts
6,516 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

What does "fully angled" mean? BBs can just shoot through your Bow/Stern armor - any BB that is. Lion has short-fuse AP which detonates quite fast after fusing. Nevertheless, he got 2 cits on you. RNG
 

9km from a Kremlin is probably a deathsentence, unless you are full broadside, which would cause the shells to overpen your citadel (very likely atleast). He just has to hit enough shells through your bow/stern to kill you. RNG

 

 

Even more RNG than the first one. But couple of citadels already does the trick so, can be bow/stern overmatch, or just straight into citadel if you didnt know the angle you were at.

It means he doesnt have a pinpoint accuarcy so some shots might land in the water when shooting at smaller profile target.

9km from a Kremlin blind shooting into smoke?

Yes, GK did hit me and im not saying he didnt i was totally unaware of him, its just either the first time BB hits me with 3-4 into citadel or something is wrong.

And ofc, we could blame RNG for all 3 situations, but I dont usually believe that similar things can repeat few times in a short period of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,607 posts
15,101 battles
9 minutes ago, Falcon_11 said:

 or these 3 guys are the best marksmen eu.

I've had my ship detonate 3 games in a row.

I've detonated two Fusos in the same game.

It's RNG with a twist: 

Good Kremlin at 8-9 km has no problem blindly oneshotting a smolensk if he knows what he is doing. Happened to me too.

On the other hand, the definition of a miracle: GK oneshotting anything at 18 km. Same for Lion landing more than 2 shells.

 

Your mistake was being angled. The rest was RNG.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
3,563 posts
4,472 battles
7 minutes ago, Falcon_11 said:

9km from a Kremlin blind shooting into smoke?

It's not that hard if you have enough practice aiming at where the shells appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,578 posts
9,734 battles
5 minutes ago, Falcon_11 said:

It means he doesnt have a pinpoint accuarcy so some shots might land in the water when shooting at smaller profile target.

9km from a Kremlin blind shooting into smoke?

Yes, GK did hit me and im not saying he didnt i was totally unaware of him, its just either the first time BB hits me with 3-4 into citadel or something is wrong. 

And ofc, we could blame RNG for all 3 situations, but I dont usually believe that similar things can repeat few times in a short period of time. 

 

RN BBs are the arch enemy of Smolensk. You can go to coop and play around when there is a bot Lion or Conq. They will often enough reset you from 100 to 0 with one salvo, since they wont overpen your cita.

Blind shooting into smoke at distances below 10 km is not a big deal. Especially a smolensk, who gives away his position perfectly thanks to the fast spam. You can even track the movement. Ive dev striked Minos this way with Missouri, so Kremlin against Smolensk is 100% possible, even easier.

Kurfürst - at long distances, it can be a crusier killer when RNG says yes. Ive witnessed so many DMs at ranges of 15...18km just go poof from full health when my divis Kurfürst shoot at it. Also, I once meet one of my clanmates in a random battle while I was Mino and he was Kurfürst. I was laughing while I was farming him - 20 sec later I wasnt laughing anymore when he touched me for over 30k with a blind shot at 14 km or something.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester
26 posts
6,516 battles
17 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

I've had my ship detonate 3 games in a row.

I've detonated two Fusos in the same game.

It's RNG with a twist: 

Good Kremlin at 8-9 km has no problem blindly oneshotting a smolensk if he knows what he is doing. Happened to me too.

On the other hand, the definition of a miracle: GK oneshotting anything at 18 km. Same for Lion landing more than 2 shells.

 

Your mistake was being angled. The rest was RNG.

 

 

10 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

 

RN BBs are the arch enemy of Smolensk. You can go to coop and play around when there is a bot Lion or Conq. They will often enough reset you from 100 to 0 with one salvo, since they wont overpen your cita.

Blind shooting into smoke at distances below 10 km is not a big deal. Especially a smolensk, who gives away his position perfectly thanks to the fast spam. You can even track the movement. Ive dev striked Minos this way with Missouri, so Kremlin against Smolensk is 100% possible, even easier.

Kurfürst - at long distances, it can be a crusier killer when RNG says yes. Ive witnessed so many DMs at ranges of 15...18km just go poof from full health when my divis Kurfürst shoot at it. Also, I once meet one of my clanmates in a random battle while I was Mino and he was Kurfürst. I was laughing while I was farming him - 20 sec later I wasnt laughing anymore when he touched me for over 30k with a blind shot at 14 km or something.

Just finished a game where an enemy smolensk got deleted at sight (first salvo first blood). It seems that rng went against smolensks big time today.

 

Anyway thank you everyone for replies, perhaps i was too quick to judge hot headed. Ill see how it goes in the next few days, considering i play Smolensk mostly i will sure notice a difference between first 50 and the next 50 battles.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[QARTV]
Players
455 posts
8,231 battles
1 minute ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Daft question, how many play their Smolenski the way Yuro recommends, must admit I am always unsure which way to play her.

Just do not play it. Just do not. You are ruining this game for everyone.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PNAVY]
Players
224 posts
12,741 battles

This is what the effect of angling a Smolensk to a bb is. shot-20_01.18_21_11.36-0080.thumb.jpg.efb7b46bf3c2fa91faec45fbe7443c28.jpg

 

Due to overmatch what you are actually doing is giving a flatter section for a bb to penetrate your citadel from the front or rear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
83 posts
12,419 battles
2 saat önce, Falcon_11 dedi:

Alright, this might be a total coincidence, but these things never happend to my Smolensk before, and i have 57 battles so far, including these 3 toady.

Anyway, i got deleted full health to 0 in just 1 salvo 3 battles in a row.

1st was Lion some ~14km away and i was almost fully angled (he was firing @ my stern)

2nd was Kremlin 9~km away and i was angled just enough to use my stern guns and i was in smoke.

3rd was GK from some 17-18km, maybe more (he was way off my firing range). I cant tell for sure about the position of my ship in this case since i got really stunned by being deleted like that, and i was kiting away Stalingrad, but for sure i wasnt full broadside (i saw his last location on map and it was more towards my stern than Stalingrad, i.e. my bow guns couldnt fire at him).

So once again, this might be total coincidence, but considering the variety of ranges (mid - low - long ), looks like those overpenetrations are not working on Smolensk anymore, since it was quite tanky in my previous 50 battles.

Was there any note about this?

Here are screenshots of dmg taken respectively:

shot-20_01.19_00_56.11-0830.thumb.jpg.9f546bc0da625727ce7b66e80f6ac9c3.jpgshot-20_01.19_00.57_01-0754.thumb.jpg.43d357a90495686a4b6723aaab2ea13c.jpgshot-20_01.19_01_05.06-0005.thumb.jpg.9ef5476b390387f7ef553a9df78cc961.jpg

I m very happy because best smolensk is deleted one. Thx for sharing. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
369 posts
5,339 battles
2 hours ago, Falcon_11 said:

As i said its not my first game in it. Ive been shoot at and hit before and I wasnt deleted not once. Now that happens 3x in a row. So either there were some total lowbies shooting at me for 50 games, or these 3 guys are the best marksmen eu.

Pop the replay file in here and we can all have a gander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,055 posts
15,287 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, TruePhoenix sagte:

 My IJN BB's will delete it (Nagato and Amagi) with one or two salvos.

 

 

Yeah, my Nagato also never had any issues with Smolenskes.

 

#nofaildivs

#loudmouthspotted

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
4,122 posts
15,563 battles

If was wearing a tinfoil hat, which I very well might be, I'd consider the likelihood of a gambling company adding a luck-modifier to the RNG the first couple of months for some coveted things or just over a period of time for a player. Have you ever been in a situation where you shoot at a stationary bb and the shells just refuse to land on it for several salvos in a row, or the days where everything sticks to the enemy citadels? RNG or RNG+10/-10... :Smile_sceptic:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×