Sign in to follow this  
Jason_Kisloski

Game randomly freezes? Any solutions to resolve?

3 comments in this topic

Question

Players
1 post

My game randomly freezes. 

I've updated all my drivers.

I've run World of Warcraft without any lag, freezes or restarts. All of my graphics are set to the lowest possible setting as well.

Will anyone provide me some advice on how to resolve. I receive a "critical error" from Wargaming after I exit the game.

I've also completely uninstalled and reinstalled World of Warships as well as the Launcher. 

Freezes happen approximatley once an hour. Mid battle, at port and post battle screen.

Thank you in advance.

2 answers to this question

[DEFR]
Players
1,215 posts

I'm having the same issue since last few days.

Sometimes the game freezes even while loading the game up. Other times I might get into the game port only for it to freeze up there, might manage to start a match at times and then freezes again soon into the match. And there is nothing I can do once it happens except press reset button on PC. But I have changed nothing with the game settings, from when it last worked perfectly fine.

As a last resort, tried reforming the PC today and installed Windows 7 fresh again, even now using a different more updated graphic driver this time, because it did seem to start happening after a recent windows update was installed and was using older Nvidia driver for graphics card then. Still same though, even tried both basic loader and the other download that lets you add more than one game (both different game loaders). Same all the time, keep getting screen freezes and locks the PC up when it happens and have to press PC reset button.

Even the mouse pointer freezes and no keyboard keys will work when it happens, forcing you to do a complete system reboot. Prior to this days ago, game was running fine without any issues at all for a month or so since installing Wows again. It's happened in past 2 days. Only thing I can think is. I install a windows update offered new, also think the game was updated with small update download offered for it around same time. So seems to be one of them two things that's caused it? Either that small game update, or the windows update download.

But just finished installing Windows 7 again, installing all the updates for it. Then installing the basic loader from a fresh download now. Got in game and started a match, then screen froze 20 seconds into the match and had to press PC reset button again

[DEFR]
Players
1,215 posts

Nothing to do with the game here since I've spotted, I'm getting it happening watching videos now, even they are freezing at times and locking up the PC.

So ignore what I said above.

Sign in to follow this