Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_HMS_RICHY

The Hindy circle

24 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles

How does Hindys handle Smolensks? Detectability is so bad that maybe it suffered lately, while a ship like Henry was able to dodge...?

Players
2,570 posts
11,389 battles
13 minutes ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

And if any of the moderators would like to explain the nerf followed by the stronger buff please do.

@Excavatus  explain why you moderators nerfed Hindy and then buffed it plesh :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 6

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
717 posts
13,883 battles
23 minutes ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

So now we have gone full circle and the Hindy has gained a quicker reload than before you nerfed it and a extra heal too.

If I remember correctly many people were against the nerf but spreadsheets so...

I think this showed exactly how incompetent you guys are when it comes to balancing your own game amongst other things.

So maybe its about time the world of tanks team went back to their own offices and leave this game alone.

And if any of the moderators would like to explain the nerf followed by the stronger buff please do.

The answer seems obvious to me: most new lines are stronger than the old ones. After a while WG tunes them down to normal levels. And sometimes, they need a 2nd life buff to be able to compete again with newer ships. Its a fluid process, the game changes all the time, ships need changes also.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

Players
2,600 posts
18,774 battles
6 minutes ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

The answer seems obvious to me: most new lines are stronger than the old ones. After a while WG tunes them down to normal levels. And sometimes, they need a 2nd life buff to be able to compete again with newer ships. Its a fluid process, the game changes all the time, ships need changes also.

I wonder where all that fluid is dripping from :cap_yes:

• Funny 7

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles
10 minutes ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

The question one has to ask - if new ships or lines bring changes to the meta or disrupts balance in some ways - should old ships be balanced at all times or might it be smarter to consider if a ship such as Smolensk should be altered before buffing and nerfing the old ships. Is the overall gameplay in a better place than it was 6 months or a year ago? Will the gameplay and the ships altered be good and comfortable or will we see an increased number of nerfs and buffs to older ships just to make them decent options in a new meta?

I've not objected much to the spreadsheet balancing because there's an inherent value to it, but some changes and aspects need to be seen in actual gameplay.

• Cool 5

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
717 posts
13,883 battles
2 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

The question one has to ask - if new ships or lines bring changes to the meta or disrupts balance in some ways - should old ships be balanced at all times or might it be smarter to consider if a ship such as Smolensk should be altered before buffing and nerfing the old ships. Is the overall gameplay in a better place than it was 6 months or a year ago? Will the gameplay and the ships altered be good and comfortable or will we see an increased number of nerfs and buffs to older ships just to make them decent options in a new meta?

I've not objected much to the spreadsheet balancing because there's an inherent value to it, but some changes and aspects need to be seen in actual gameplay.

Well the new ships need to be stronger so we spend money to get them.

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,747 posts
10,197 battles
55 minutes ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

41 minutes ago, pra3y said:

@Excavatus  explain why you moderators nerfed Hindy and then buffed it plesh :Smile_trollface:

because we have....

giphy.gif

Jokes aside,

@_HMS_RICHY

We moderators are basically normal players when it goes out of the forum :)

We are not WG employees, have no idea what's going on, what's changing, what's coming etc..

But incase If its a very little confusion issue,

Did you mean to say "Balance department" instead of "Moderators?"

If so, I don't think they would come and respond here..

But I believe any of the old time forumities can post a "Mighty Spreadsheet" meme after my post!

g'day!

• Funny 10

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,861 posts
11,778 battles
5 hours ago, pra3y said:

I doubt it was the moderators (who moderate this forum) would make the change - that would be the developers.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
2,570 posts
11,389 battles
5 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

I doubt it was the moderators (who moderate this forum) would make the change - that would be the developers.

I know but you should be telling that to @_HMS_RICHY instead :Smile_veryhappy:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,861 posts
11,778 battles
1 minute ago, pra3y said:

I know but you should be telling that to @_HMS_RICHY instead :Smile_veryhappy:

Read your post which I quoted - you asked the same question as the OP did.  I could have replied to both of you.

• Bad 1

Players
2,570 posts
11,389 battles
7 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Read your post which I quoted - you asked the same question as the OP did.  I could have replied to both of you.

I know. But you do know that the troll face is there for a reason right :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

[UA-NF]
Players
319 posts
5,987 battles
Vor 6 Stunden, Lieut_Gruber sagte:

Well the new ships need to be stronger so we spend money to get them.

Sadly yes. Game already offers wide choice on ships in all tastes and shapes. Nobody gets excited, if WG would introduce another average line of ships. And it's not like you can introduce new gameplay style for each of 30 ship lines in game. Powercreep is the way any other game does it too.

[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
2,084 posts
7,167 battles
12 hours ago, Excavatus said:

Did you mean to say "Balance department" instead of "Moderators?"

Details. One balances the game, the other balances the forum. At the end of the day, you both make someone angry.

:Smile_trollface:

13 hours ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

Well, I can do that for you:

1. The 1/4 HE penetration rule for Hindenburg (which in turn was a blanket buff for KM cruisers) resulted in her being the ship of choice in most competitive modes (the RTS CVs meant that radars did not matter nearly as much in clan wars).
  2. A nerf was thus needed so Hindenburg got the recent Henri IV treatment and had her stats tuned down (DPM in this case).
  3. Performance stats were collected.
  4. Reluctant to make her too strong again, an additional heal was granted instead.
  5. Performance stats were once again collected and after a boatload of power creep...
  6. WG decreased her reload but they might have overdone it considering the extra heal (no Superintended needed).

It's almost as if the game has changed since Hindenburg was nerfed.

• Funny 3

[-TCP-]
Players
216 posts

Took my Hindy out for a drive today to see the new buffs in action. Nice. Almost as good as before the nerfs. Playable now.

• Cool 1

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
717 posts
13,883 battles
9 hours ago, TruePhoenix said:

Took my Hindy out for a drive today to see the new buffs in action. Nice. Almost as good as before the nerfs. Playable now.

The ship was always playable, but it would be nice if she changed from another HE spammer into what she was suposed to be, a brawler.

• Cool 3

Players
1,464 posts
14,027 battles
On 1/18/2020 at 11:38 AM, _HMS_RICHY said:

So now we have gone full circle and the Hindy has gained a quicker reload than before you nerfed it and a extra heal too.

If I remember correctly many people were against the nerf but spreadsheets so...

I think this showed exactly how incompetent you guys are when it comes to balancing your own game amongst other things.

So maybe its about time the world of tanks team went back to their own offices and leave this game alone.

To be the devil's advocate for a moment here, the game in which the Hindi originally had it's dpm nerfed and the game we have now are two entirely different things. Hindi got powercrept heavily since then, as the bar for what constitutes a strong ship keeps on rising.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,884 posts
3,701 battles
On 1/18/2020 at 10:50 AM, loppantorkel said:

How does Hindys handle Smolensks? Detectability is so bad that maybe it suffered lately, while a ship like Henry was able to dodge...?

So far, pretty much the same as always, if the Smolensk knows what he is doing, and if you catch him off guard or he turns you can easily shred him.

[BOBS3]
Players
1,009 posts
18,654 battles
1 hour ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

The ship was always playable, but it would be nice if she changed from another HE spammer into what she was suposed to be, a brawler.

I play the Hindenberg as either a Brawler, or Ambush predator, very similar to how I play the Admiral Hipper and the Prinz Eugen. She does well, but CAN snipe from range if needed. (I will admit to putting the Range Module in slot 6):Smile_hiding:

I find the AP very effective. :cap_win:

(Though I will own up to hating her for the first dozen or so matches - I forgot to put modules on her!):etc_hide_turtle:

Players
2,600 posts
18,774 battles

I got the Hindy post nerf and was surprised how agreeable she is to me. I have no clue why I do great in her so far to be honest, the only thing I can think of is her being very forgiving to mistakes made.

Players
381 posts
15 minutes ago, Europizza said:

I got the Hindy post nerf and was surprised how agreeable she is to me. I have no clue why I do great in her so far to be honest, the only thing I can think of is her being very forgiving to mistakes made.

I Find the hindy very pleasant to play also. I think it has good guns but most importantly there is certain waltz between its rudder and turret trv that gives it fluidity. Unlike the henri turrets. (Well now the ship is as low as the turrets so that’s a win I guess).

i use legendary mod and ifhe and its nice

• Cool 1

Players
2,376 posts
15,273 battles
On 1/18/2020 at 12:34 PM, Excavatus said:

(...)

But I believe any of the old time forumities can post a "Mighty Spreadsheet" meme after my post!

(...)

Long live the Columns and Rows of the AllKnowing! :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,767 posts
16,594 battles
6 hours ago, Skyllon said:

Long live the Columns and Rows of the AllKnowing! :Smile_izmena:

Well, as @ColonelPete never fails to point out the spreadsheet is never wrong. The problem is how to interpret the data that is shown and not shown within...

• Cool 1

Players
3,130 posts
10,583 battles

Have we all forgot.

They buffed most tier 10 cruisers and nerfed the Hindy.  Now they have buffed it back to normal.  Has FA to do with balancing. 

Most back then couldn't believe it, i couldn't believe it.  It wasn't Op, it was doing well and ticking on nicely. The stats said the same but that fell on deaf ears again.  People where content and happy with the HIndy as a normal ship but that was it's downfall, the Henri, Zoa ect wasnt selling. So WG screwed the whole thing up.

Why?

1) EVERYONE had one.  Not because it was very strong, but because it was the most casual ship there was.  Couldn't have that could we...

2) Same old WG.  New ship came out (2) and boom, Hindy Nerf. 

Isn't it funny that those defending the nerf back then now work for WG.  What is the odds?

Basically it's to get you to grind other lines. Simple really. 

The only spreadsheet WG are bothered about is who has what ship and which arnt ones arn't selling (grinding).

The Henri has now gone the same way, too many people have it.  The RN CA line is coming out and not too many people are grinding the Italian CA Line. It's it also funny that the new RN commander has speed a 5% boost on their abilities?

Things and games that stagnate die, WG know this.  So it's nothing, zip, zero to do with balance, Lol.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this